iPhone finaly a reality, pics included

mwk132wm.jpg

mwk97wm.jpg

1. Widescreen iPod with touch control.

2. The Apple Phone.

3. Internet communications device.

9:51: The iPhone syncs just like the iPod to your PC and Mac.

9:51: It syncs not only music, videos, but all your data! Bookmarks, email setup, contacts.

9:52: Just like an iPod.

mwk127wm.jpg

iPhone runs OS X

mwk116wm.jpg

9:46: Steve's stressing about the keyboard being "in the way" of usual smartphones. The solution? A touchscreen interface.

9:47: The solution? A giant touchscreen interface. Multi-touch! You can do multi-gestures on the screen itself.

mwk152wm.jpg

9:52: Thinner than any smartphone out there.

9:52: 160ppi

9:52: Controls on the side, volume, silent. The Back: 2-megapixel camera.

9:53: Top: headset jack, SIM, sleep-wake.

9:53: An iPod connector, just like the iPod (on the bottom).

9:54: Proximity sensor on the face, turns off the screen so your face doesn't press the buttons.

9:54: Ambient light switch and accelerometer to switch from portrait to landscape.

9:55: Built-in speaker.

9:57: The iPhone's officially on Cingular now.:hatred:

iPhone: Autorotates Using a Sensor

mwk192wm.jpg

mwk194wm.jpg

9:58: Sensor detects orientation.

9:59: I'm hard

mwk166wm.jpg

9:579:56: To activate, you scroll the finger across the bottom.

9:56: To get to the iPhone features, click the iPhone. To scroll your songs, just flick your finger to scroll.

mwk163wm.jpg

mwk181wm.jpg

9:59: The UI has all the album art, and even switches to coverflow view when you switch it to the landscape mode.

10:00: The videos are played in landscape mode. Yes. It supports videos. Even in widescreen, which is activated by double-tapping the screen.

mwk208wm.jpg

Here's what the iPhone looks like when choosing a video.

mwk211wm.jpg

Here's what it looks like when watching a video.

mwk227wm.jpg

iPhone Ringing Looks Like This

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mwk224wm.jpg

10:04: Improved contacts

10:04: Random access to any voicemail.

10:04: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0, Quad-Band GSM, EDGE (No 3G)

10:09: Very easy to edit in phone numbers, recent phone calls, missed calls, add in numbers to contacts, etc. (All touchscreen from your finger).

10:10: Visual representation of voicemails are

mwk228wm.jpg

mwk235wm.jpg

mwk236wm.jpg

mwk246wm.jpg

iPhone: Visual Voicemail

mwk246wm.jpg

10:12 - Uses caller id to know which message comes from who. Random access voice mail.

mwk271wm.jpg

10:14: Thumbnails go directly into full-screen photo viewing.

10:14: Photos scroll or transition with finger activation.

10:14: You can zoom in and out by "squeezing" or "pinching" the screen with two fingers. :eek: :)

mwk275wm.jpg

mwk278wm.jpg

mwk286wm.jpg

10:16: Rich HTML: Any IMAP or POP.

10:16: Safari on the phone.

10:16: Google Maps: Sat directions, traffic, and maps.

10:16: Widgets: Weather and stocks.

10:17: Everything goes over EDGE or WI-Fi, which switches "seamlessly" when the phone detects Wi-Fi.

10:17: Yahoo Mail will provide free push IMAP email for all customers.

mwk289wm.jpg

The iPhone: Web Browser via Safari - Has Tabs

mwk307wm.jpg

10:22: Browsing gives you the standard browser view (just like on the PC).

10:24: Scrolling, zooming, all via the gestures. You view the entire page first (too small to read in normal view, so you need to zoom in).

mwk308wm.jpg

The iPhone: Widgets

mwk316wm.jpg

10:25: Only two widgets available now, Weather and Stocks.

10:26: Ho ho, he's checking Apple's stocks live, and it's going up.

10:26: Google maps widget just looks like google maps on the PC.

10:26: Steve brings up the keyboard, starts typing, and finds Starbucks. Then, he punks them by ordering 4,000 drinks. Oh you!

The iPhone: Google Maps

mwk325wm.jpg

10:26: Google maps widget just looks like google maps on the PC.

10:26: Steve brings up the keyboard, starts typing, and finds Starbucks. Then, he punks them by ordering 4,000 drinks. Oh you!

10:28: Steve switches to sat mode and zooms way in on the Washington Monument.

10:29: Now the Eiffel Tower. Now the Colisseum in Rome.

10:32: Steve introduces Google's CEO. Eric Schmidt.

mwk331wm.jpg

10:34: Jerry Yang, Eric Schmidt, and Steve Jobs sharing the same stage. How many countries could they buy if they pooled their money? It takes Steve to bring two web-enemies together.

10:35: Eric talked about the engineering effort to get all the Google services on the iPhone. Praises Steve for the phone.

10:36: Jerry's talking about how great the internet apps are going to be on the iPhone.

I really thought that Apple waited to long to release the fabled "iPhone". So much hype surrounded it that it looked like it could hardly live up to the hype. But this shit is out-of-the-park amazing. Pity it's only on cingular ><

I'll update as gizmodo updates.

Shit is sick!

its gonna be 1000$ prolly. Fucking cingular sucks my penis what the fuck... Also inorder to use all the shit thats on there a persons phone bill will have to be at least 200$ a month...

tell you the truth not gonna lie I want one but will prolly never be able to afford one or the service that goes with it...

The iPhone: Real Scenario Quick Switching

10:37: We're going to take you through a real-life scenario of a use case.

10:38: Listening to music via the iPod app.

10:38: Phone call comes in, music fades out, screen changes, and Steve answers the call.

10:39: He hits the "home key" because Phil Schiller wants a photo. So demanding. Couldn't you pick a better time?

10:39: Steve picks the photo from the photo album, hits compose, and sends an email to Phil.

10:40: Phil wants to watch a movie tonight, so Steve brings up Safari and looks up Fandango.

10:40: Steve hangs up the call, goes back to iPod, and the music starts up again. The crowd reacts as if he just offered everyone a free phone.

The iPhone: Accessories

mwk12wm.jpg

10:42: Stereo headphones, headphones w/ microphone, Bluetooth headset (looks like a stick).

mwk17wm.jpg

mwk19wm.jpg

That shit is fugly!!!1!1one!

The iPhone: Price - $499 4GB, $599 8GB in June

(speak of the devil)

10:46: Steve's comparing the iPhone to buying an iPod and a smartphone—he says people carry around both.

10:46: 4GB model = $499

10:47: 8GB model = $599

10:47: Shipping in June!

Cingular Exec on Stage

10:48 - ZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzz.–

I've been waiting for this to drop... I switched to Verizon in March, and got a Razr phone, which I hate. I also hate Verizon, and was going to switch back to Cingular, but I read some speculation back in August that this was going to drop right after the new year, and was going to be exclusively on Cingular for the first six months.

It looks like it was worth holding out.

seeks: yo, you see the iphone?

abc: dude

abc: that shit looks antonio banderes

abc: it'll be a while before i invest in something like that considering i hardly ever turn on the phone i already have

abc: hell, the phone i've got has been out of battery for a week

abc: fuck it

seeks: ha

seeks: but still

seeks: technology just got fucking insne

seeks: in the span of like...4 minutes

abc: hell yeah

abc: it just seriously got star trek up in this piece

seeks: yeah man

abc: imagine taking that thing back to 1975

seeks: haha

abc: you'd be getting head from mad broads

abc: "yeah, i'm the guy from space"

seeks: ha

abc: "oh word"

seeks: haha

abc: "let me suck that for a minute"

That shit doesnt take pictures.... it has so much shit but cant even take one fucking picture. They couldve introduced bluetooth camera that syncs to the phone....

Theres something about a spur of the moment thing in which you can pull out your phone and take pictures with it and send it soomeone. Your other choice would be to have your actual camera tag along everywhere you go.

That shit doesnt take pictures.... it has so much shit but cant even take one fucking picture. They couldve introduced bluetooth camera that syncs to the phone....

Theres something about a spur of the moment thing in which you can pull out your phone and take pictures with it and send it soomeone. Your other choice would be to have your actual camera tag along everywhere you go.

it has a 2mp camera. says right up there. you think they're going to make a fuckin wizz bang thing like that and not have a camera?