i hate the fact i went to college

HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realise arts degrees aren't worth the paper they are printed on in the job market?

You would be better off dropping that degree and then doing your doctorate in psych.

School is good.

I also have just under $20K of debt and 6 months to go of my degree, but having dropped out once before, and seeing as how the cost of education/classes has doubled in 5 years, the money I sink in now seems to be a sound investment.

A doctrate in psych. is questionable.

funny thing is i just read an article in forbes saying that the new trend in corporate america will be to hire people w/ arts degres and masters in art because most of the technicle skills covered by traditional bachelors, masters and doctorates cover skills that are easilly outcourced to shitty poor places for cheap labor. the arts degrees foster a creative sense to problem solving and group leadership etc etc. no joke. im waiting/...haha

mams,

its funny man, i know what i could achieve but i really dont have the patience or drive to sit and be a junior designer or PM for 5 or 6 years to get to the top. i say fuck em. starting my own shit and killing annoying design people.

Hesh,

I love you dearly, but I don't know of many doctrate level jobs that are being outsourced. I don't even know if you could outsource M.D., PsyD. or Ed.D. positions. I know there are more doctrate types, but I still don't see how you can replace 7 to 16 years of education with cheap outsourcing.

<3,

Catnip

college is getting boring. and its fucking hard to get a schedule i want. i dunno but i gotta finish this shit or ill never hear the ned of it. i dont even know what the fuck im going to do or how im going to do it.

i was the same way, didn't know what to do but now i'm just working on a psych degree just because it's a degree. because at first i thought what you could only work in the field that you were studying. not true.

i know a girl who got her psych degree but works as a vice president in the business & marketing sector of her company... which has nothing to do with psychology obviously. basically a degree tends to raise your chances of landing a good job/position.

Hesh,

I love you dearly, but I don't know of many doctrate level jobs that are being outsourced. I don't even know if you could outsource M.D., PsyD. or Ed.D. positions. I know there are more doctrate types, but I still don't see how you can replace 7 to 16 years of education with cheap outsourcing.

<3,

Catnip

um, your actually wrong. peep the numbers on something called "medical tourism". also, things like programming and MBA type clerical shit that require masters degrees. there alot of things people get post grad degrees in other than lawyering and doctoring.

student loans? i'm on the Montgomery GI Bill... and i combined it with the school's Financial Aid

i don't pay for shit.

word to this!!

i'm white and ended up grabbing a minority scholarship in my area because the school i went to was all asians and black kids. it was like Hillman college on a different world. but fuck it, shit was FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I don't even know if you could outsource M.D., PsyD. or Ed.D. positions.

when was the last time you went to a hospital? next time you're there count how many of the staff look and sound like you. the odds are there won't be many of them. odds are they'll all be brown and sound just like the people that run the local indian restaurant

word to this!!

i'm white and ended up grabbing a minority scholarship in my area because the school i went to was all asians and black kids. it was like Hillman college on a different world. but fuck it, shit was FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

haha..you're the man, didn't think anyone ever pulled this off

i've always joked about this, how i could go to Howard seeing as how it's pretty much an all black school.

i need to start applying this summer......taking the SATs in May......cant wait lol...

my counselor says i should be okay, since im taking 2 AP's this year and Next; but im only in precalc cause i suck at math.

all this college shit makes my head spin....fuck being broke!

wtfthinking.jpg

so many overwhelming thoughts...

i guess the one that resonates the most is the desire to kill her with a spiked club

this is the type of chick that watches sex in the city and thinks

-this is how life is supposed to be

-and judges all men as not up to her standards even though she cant see that shes a shopaholic cum dumpster dough head

and if you dont see the benefit of college....well nevermind...

when was the last time you went to a hospital? next time you're there count how many of the staff look and sound like you. the odds are there won't be many of them. odds are they'll all be brown and sound just like the people that run the local indian restaurant

I've never been to a hospital that has outsourced (i.e. subcontracting or hiring people from outside the country). Of course there will be people of different cultures, that's our country.

um, your actually wrong. peep the numbers on something called "medical tourism". also, things like programming and MBA type clerical shit that require masters degrees. there alot of things people get post grad degrees in other than lawyering and doctoring.

I wasn't talking about Master's Degrees (like an MBA). I'm familiar with medical tourism, yet I've never known anyone who has actually done it. It seems more logical to go to a local hospital for surgery rather than flying around the world. I realize people get post grad degrees in things other then lawyering and doctoring; notice that I didn't even mention lawyering, and I added Psy.D. and Ed.D.?

i need to start applying this summer......taking the SATs in May......cant wait lol...

my counselor says i should be okay, since im taking 2 AP's this year and Next; but im only in precalc cause i suck at math.

all this college shit makes my head spin....fuck being broke!

I don't know if anyone has advised you of this, but AP courses aren't really worth a shit. Sorry.