Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seeking

ripping and burning dvd's on mac.

i think there was a thread on this recently, but it was started by someone who wasn't me, so it didn't really happen.

i got mac the ripper, which i used to rip the dvd. i then used popcorn to burn it to a disc. it seemed to work, or atleast i followed all the directions, but it doesnt play. what did i do wrong?

Mac The Ripper

Toast 7

Nuff said!

Get ripping.

This guy knows whats up....but occasionally I run into disc that cant or wont copy to another disk.

so...

i'm using mac the ripper.

it rips one, but its all black and has no sound. obviously that's a failure.

i rip another, it plays fine when i use the file, but when i try to burn it with popcorn (a companion to toast, designed specifically to compress and burn dvd's) it tells me there's an error with the file. shit is annoying. why can't thievery just be...easy.

I've had a lot of issues with this too..more along the lines of trying to use an external DVD burner to record the shit I download..

I'm looking into picking up a superdrive, and replacing my combo drive..I've heard they've gotten a lot cheaper.

By the way, make sure you turn off the "Disable DVD UOPs" checkbox in Mac the Ripper. Some DVD's won't work if you disable them.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now