Sleep A.I.D.S.

^ . ^

I'm sure there are plenty of you here that have sleep issues.

Has anyone tried any of those natural herbal supplements to fall asleep?

Like Valerian Root or Melatonin from gnc?

Personally, I don't see how a root will put me to sleep.

No need to point out the obvious of cutting back on caffeine intake. I'm aware.

Discuss. I need suggestions..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sleep aide

you shouldn't drink coffee (or other caffeinated beverages) past about 3 pm if you want to sleep soundly at night.

valerian is a really stong herbal sedative. i used to drink it but was getting really fucked up dreams, like the kind you get when you fall asleep stoned.

i started drinking chamomile tea at night, and all my sleep problems went away.

make sure you drink German instead of Roman chamomile, it tastes better and has a bettter sedative effect.

Personally, I don't see how a root will put me to sleep.

it's no harder to believe than an orange helping to fight off a cold, or eukalyptus helping you breathe easier. where do you think medicine comes from exactly?

here are some tricks to getting yourself ready to sleep:

don't eat sugary foods before bed

regulate your breathing

rub one out

take a walk

keep in mind, sleeping pills will help you get to sleep, but it's not actually "real" sleep. often times they won't actually keep you alseep either.

found this somehwere:

How can I improve my sleep without pills?

There are some simple steps you can take to begin with:

Make sure your bed and mattress are comfortable.

Think about whether the level of light suits you (some people like it really dark; others sleep better with a light on).

Make sure that you are not going to be disturbed by noise.

Go to bed only when you are feeling tired. If you don't sleep within about 20 minutes, get up and relax in another room for a while before going back to bed.

Don't read or watch television in bed. These activities will only encourage you to stay awake.

Avoid coffee, tea, and other caffeine-containing drinks in the evening. A hot, milky drink may help you to sleep.

Get enough exercise during the day; fit people sleep better.

Don't eat a large meal too late in the day. Eating gives you an energy boost, which may keep you awake.

Try to relax before you go to bed, so that you are not preoccupied with daytime concerns. Yoga and meditation could prove helpful.

Avoid alcohol! Although alcohol is sedating and may help you get to sleep initially, it interferes with sleep later on in the night. Because it's a diuretic (increasing urine production) it may cause you to wake up to use the toilet or because you are thirsty. After long-term use, it disturbs sleep patterns and causes insomnia.

There are many possible causes for sleeping difficulties - including stress, ill health, old age or emotional difficulties - and there are various ways of tackling them. These include changes to lifestyle, holistic approaches, such as homeopathy or herbal remedies, or talking treatments, such as counselling or CBT. Information about sleep problems and ways of improving sleep is included in Mind's booklet, How to cope with sleep problems.