red hot chili peppers

iloveboxcars

ok. are there people that actually like this band? seriously. i mean, there has to be because i hear this gay shit everywhere its just i have no idea who would like it. its so.. bad. im actually listening to one of their songs right now just to inspire me to hate more. they have to take it on the other side or some shit.

god. kill me. there is absolutely no good part of this song. isnt the lead singer a junkie? why isnt that gay dead yet?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Mothers Milk was a pretty standup album.

Edit: whoa! compare time and content casek.

yeah, i know. the chili peppers were, at on, time, very good.

things change. after blood sugar sex magic, i was pretty disappointed.

haven't heard any of their new stuff. i don't want to.

I used to be huge on the Chili Peps but that was a really long time ago... I can remember where I was when I heard Hillel Slovak died... and then it was Mother's Milk which I wasn't particularly into but by then people knew I was down for the Peps... so I kinda had to carry that and so, when my OG homie turned up back home saying that they were gonna be at the Sanger in New Orleans in 3 days, well... I mean, only one album from Hillel and in the SANGER so... we went, I bought some boxer shorts (little knowing) because they were $8 and shirts were $22 (almost unheard of in 1989)... so HOLY SHIT, Dinosaur Jr. opened and killed and the Peps ruled too, I was up front on the left by Flea... great show... (except all the interruptions about 'get off the pipe organ or we're gonna leave the stage')... so we go to leave, Richard did some shifty shit and I think he stepped out a side door so I follow but immediately realize I went wrong, haven't even let go of the door and I decde to turn around and dip back inside... NOPE! Some 'door chick' screams "NO RE-ENTRY!" and slams THE FUCK! out of my thumb... (bounces to punk rock in NYC at Xmas but...)...

So, my thumb is WAY slammed, we shoot over to the garden district and pick up mega hash and some pills and beer... hit up a 7-11 (ya heard?!) for a bong and ride home... great show but the aftermath... The whole 'heated paperclip' to relieve the pain and this mohawk I had at the time made Xmas tuff...

and the aftermath after the math... I was wearing those boxer shorts when I got hit by the train...

so, I'm kinda divided, I loved them when I loved them but as soon as I had second thoughts it seems like they started trying to hurt me... so I'm not sure about that...

Yeah, I fucking hate them with a passion and this guy at work plays them on his stereo every day. Every fucking day. Here's a cookie-cutter reproduction of one of those douche bags pictured above. Not a morning goes by where I don't pray that he doesn't make it into work because he died in a car crash... just so I don't have to hear that horrible music.

Mothers milk and Blood sex sugar magic were amazing albums. Even Red hot minute was not that bad. I think people just hating to hate. You can not deny they are talented musicians. Flea was a prodigy on trumpet when he was young and still makes guest appearances to that end. Chad smith is just solid, and Fruschante (sp?) was sick back in the day. Mehh, Iono, I think there is credit that is deserved, but that new shit has got to go.

They're alright, but I would never want to be considered a Chili Pepper fan.

I don't love 'em, I don't hate 'em. But they have some good songs (as well as some really annoying ones).

Did anyone read that Anthony Keidis book?

Oh, a lot of stoners in high school were all about the RHCP. But the granola head stoners.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are probably the most disappointing band I can think of. They were fucking awesome in the 80's, with a very distinct sound that was more funky and raw than all the Bon Jovi and Gn'R, but more accesible and catchy than, say, Suicidal Tendencies. What Hits?!! was funny, because they existed in that perfect balance where a band has a solid cult following and limited commercial success, but has not yet breached into the "popular" music mainstream. BloodSugarSexMagik was even a good album, and they finally made it into the general public's cassette and CD collections. I saw them at Lollapalooza, and they were fantastic. (Some1 is right, MTV was good back then, and it's partly because you would get to see that Give It Away video again if you sat through an episode of Remote Control). But predictably enough, pop success ruined them. You would think that they would try to maintain some artistic credibility for at least one more album, if just to avoid becoming a walking, recording cliche, but every song I've heard from them that was recorded after "under the bridge", sounds just like "under the bridge". Granted, that was an alright song, but it was a stylistic departure for them, and once the public latched onto it, so did the band. I haven't intentionally listened to anything they've released since, but the all too frequent accidental exposures have been irritating at best.

I'l bet that Flea still rules, though.

Flea was great in that movie Suburbia

if you young'uns haven;t seen this movie, check it out. L.A. Punk rock grime at it's very best. Great performances by the Vandals and TSOL. Home invasions, dog maulings, employee harassment, drugs, overdoses, punk vs. jock battles, do-it-yourself brandings, and a thick blueberry slurpee right into a jar of pickeled eggs.

Oh yeah, and Flea too.

They are one of those bands that I try to forget exist.

Until I do something like say, play Guitar Hero 1.

Then I am slapped in the face by the past.

And it hits me, that although I am most radically excellent at present time.

That in a time not so far away, I would skate while listening to Mother's Milk.

And I really thought it was as good as life could get.

Suburbia is a classic movie.

I believe it was the summer of 1999.

I was hitchhiking to SF.

My P.O. called it absconding.

15 year old runaway under my guiding light.

White trash girl with broke ankle made walking impossible.

Each ride we would get, RHCP would come on the radio.

I was real crusty then.

And thier songs would make me mad.

More so, each time I would hear one.

Fifteen times a day.

Low estimation.

It is music made for commercials.

maybe a hip little car for young people.

Something cute but funky, that you could drive your friends to the beach in.

But also practical.

And would carry one into they adult life.

It is also music made for high school proms.

Dancing the night away.

Making memories.

Saying goodbye to childhood.

And hello to the future.

A future that involves uncomfortable sex in a cute little funky car.

While listening to songs about California.