graffiti addiction

acephale

i started in the early 80's ,officially . for me this was a goal to attain, to have perfect control over the can and taking a great tag was the addiction. yes tagging is addictive but all in all it is a creative outlet. think about this ' there are no perfect marriages in the world of art only successful rape' trust me when i am on the phone unconsciously scribbling on paper i am not regressing, just expressing my self. yes tagging is addictive but i will not agree that taking a tag is a mental defense mechanism. writers start when they are young like kids who pick up instruments when they are young. writing is form of expression an addictive art form . we are creatures of habit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YOU KNOW WHEN YOUR ADDICTED WHEN :

YOUR PISS IS A DEEP SHADE OF HARBOR BLUE .

YOUR SWEAT SMELLS LIKE PAINT FUMES .

YOUR MOMS TELL YOU THT YOUR A TERRORIST CUZ WHT YOU DO TAKES DOWN BUILDINGS

YOU GIVE UP SEX FOR BOMBIN

AND WHEN YOUR SHIT GOT STOCK CAPS IN IT.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Graffiti is not an addictive substance. Its an addictive subculture that allows you to voice your opinion to other like-minded individuals that read.

If you like to the feeling of freedom to say whatever you want, you do it.

but, Graffiti is by large an act of non violent protest.

"To injure an opponent is to injure yourself. To control aggression without inflicting injury in the Art of Peace. "

"One does not need buildings, money, power, or status to practice the Art of Peace. Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train."

"Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead."

"Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love."

[Morihei Ueshiba]

• 2 weeks later...

ive tried to stop graff once.

it completley fucked my life, in a good way, from my perspective, but hey there's only so much you can do without it getting in the way, but that failed after i forgot i was stopping and remembered about a week later. point is even if you try to quit, you cant. also when your psychologist says you got a problem and is suggesting sky jumping as an alternative.

think graf, do graf, talk graf, eat graf, fuck with graf, all graf.

Its an expression, a view, a voice.... it's Art

What you think, what you see, what you experience, what you want to pass on... put all that into graf.:scrambled:

• 2 weeks later...
its more of a lifestyle for me to write. my room in my house is about 30ft from the railroad tracks so when i was a little kid i have short memories of leaning out my window to watch the trains go by in the summer. i always wanted to do it but being 5-7 yrs old ment that i really couldnt venter out on my own yet. but around 7th grade me and my friends wouldnt have shit to do so we would go to the layup that wasnt far from my house to go drink beer and smoke cigarettes that we stole from my friends parents. so i've always been comfortable around trains. 10 yrs later im still on the same shit going to college trying to get a degree in sumthing so i dont have to work a shitty job with no pay. but graff is like my fountain of youth. to feel the way i used to before money and responsibility ran my life, for those couple hours im out on my own just painting makes me loose track of time makes me feel free. and the next morning i wake up i feel better

yep thats it for me too, well put