graffiti addiction

acephale

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

its an addiction that keeps me from thinking first. for example i put a marker in my pocket, i was out,theres cars,people,buildings that all could be spoting me, but i couldnt help myself. i was in an area im normally not it, and i wanted to let people know i was there, i was it the zone. i had the jitters but couldnt stop, there could have been a cop at the traffic light yet, i still threw it up on the places deemed worthy, with space. i just had to do another and another, j-walking in traffic so i could hit the parking lot dumpster. its funny to think but i forgot why i was even in the area, i forgot i was hungry, and that i was gonna meet up with someone. i lost control. this is just one example, it is a powerful addiction.

• 6 months later...
This is interesting. I don't know who the poster is, writer or otherwise though..

I don't know if anyone else knows what "Hypergraphia" is, if not, look it up.

In short, it is a 'disorder' where people write on things obsessively, and can be very talented or they can suck. I think all writers(those who bomb mainly) have a tiny touch of it. Usually it means writing in the english sense, but I don't see why it can't apply to writers too

just a thought

haha thats my name....

I used to take it all a little bit to seriously but now its just something I do that makes me happy. Sometimes I just wonder why the fuck I bother and then the next day I am gagging to do a train.

I agree with this guy, although dude put alot thought in this topic every1 has diff. reasons why they got in the game, I started writing after I graduated high school and started chillin wit cats that were gettin up fresh in my cities scene and I saw how they got down and thought it was dope, before I met them I didnt respect my cities graff game except for a few older writers who I always saw up, graffiti to me was what I saw in detroit i.e freeway hits, gang tags, etc., so the reason why I wanted to get up was to do bombs and tags and shit, but once I started to have style in my sketches, then walkin miles to piece up or bomb in 30 degree weather while its raining I knew this was somethen I took a lil seriously, people would say I was addicted even my crew was like damn bro I see your shit everywhere chill out, I had to step back and look at what I was doin and thats when I went from being a toy tagger, to havin respect for your own craft I started paintin by myself and workin with my own style and hittin nice spots for throw ups and untouched spots for tags, to me it became somethen I did for fun and enjoy similar to drinkin wit yours boys or a skate session, I couldnt do it like some cats and make it my life, I had a full time job with rent, bills, and debt to pay, so I got up when I had time which was usually at night around 2 am, nowadays I still work full time and go to school but somehow find time to piece up atleast once a week, and bomb on the weekends, id compare this addiction to gettin head from my girl, somethen I know I enjoy but dont have to get/do everyday

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...