Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JambaJuice

Blind Contours

(drawing without taking eyes off of what your drawing or at least not looking at the paper until your done)

iThese things are great. I loved this exersicze in high school art class.. If you got flicks of any blind contour drawings, post that shit up. check it. i'll post this picture, and do a blind contour of it. If you got free time, do a blind contour of it and post it up too.

google image..."robert"

dude blind contours is for artkids. the bad kind that do graffiti and then do shitty characters next to them in blind contour. dont get me wrong i like the "look" of it. but yeah its just too close to one liner character crap.

now I you can look at that line when your done drawing it then find where your gonna start and not look at it till your down with that one line right. Or is it you have to draw the whole thing one line with out looking I forgot...

I find it easier to do it one line, so that you have a mental place keeper. i dont think you have to use just one though, that would be silly.

it has to be one line, thats why its a contour drawing. You cant look at it while you draw it and you cant take your pencil off the page.

AWESOME thread idea.

i'll be on this as soon as i have access to my scanner again.

for some reason i find that blind contours of unmade beds usually turn out interesting.

Awesome I cant wait to get my new supermega computer hooked up and fill it with mindless things such as this...tomorrow I should have some...

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now