so, my family got a Wii while i was home for christmas...

boogie hands

....and it is really, really fun. i dont know how the other 15 games available for this thing are but the sports package that comes with it is amazingly fun. i guess the only thing ive been wondering is how long this thing is going to last. its fun an novel right now but part of me thinks the wii is a $250 version of guitar hero and after about a month of getting drunk with friends and talking shit to each other everyone is going to be over it. i have to admit im consistently wrong when it comes the longevity of things (see 50 cent) but i just dont think the wii is going to last...

932733_75138.jpg

...for instance this just does not look fun. it looks painful actually.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I see the Wii lasting and the technology becomming an industry standard.

i doubt it...im a pretty active, fit person and i personally enjoy sitting down with some whiskey, a controller that only requires me to move my thumbs and playing madden 07 for a couple of hours, as (i think) most people do. fat kids (read: gamers) are going to hate the wii.

i doubt it...im a pretty active, fit person and i personally enjoy sitting down with some whiskey, a controller that only requires me to move my thumbs and playing madden 07 for a couple of hours, as (i think) most people do. fat kids (read: gamers) are going to hate the wii.

Nah, don't misconstrue what I'm saying: I don't think it's going to be the video game standard or anything that drastic.

I just see it as being a common option/element in the future, for the simple fact that it adds another dimension to gameplay.

I'm not a diehard videogame person and even I can appreciate that.

Madden 06 is actually really fun to play. I seem to be alot better at that then I was at other football games...

I also got SuperSwing Golf which is pretty fun/silly. The game I didn't like was Call of Duty, because after a while of holding my arm out it started to get tired and get lower and lower, and in turn the dude on the screen started looking more and more at the ground...

is guitar hero fun? ask bloodfarts. bitch is about to start a church on that shit

Name calling.

Guitar Hero and beers go together like cheese and macaroni.

I will probably pick up another guitar on my way home tonight.

To take the party level up a notch.

I have been thinking about sending a letter to the makers of this fine game.

To give them pointers for Guitar Hero III.

The perspective of a thrasher.

I would like some Iron Maiden, Grim Reaper, King Diamond, & Spazz on the next one.

Just for starters.

Anything less, and I will most likely not be purchasing it.

And another infatuation will come to an end.

My nephew got a Wii for Christmas.

He is not yet 5 yrs old.

He also got Guitar Hero.

From what he was telling me, he has every game system available in Northern America.

I asked him if he had any other hobbies besides gaming.

Ones that could possibly involve going outside.

He said no.

He already weighs almost 70 lbs.

He is like a sack of sand.

And too much rough housing with him makes my back hurt.

I am too old and feeble to be messing around with over-weight little kids that want me to carry them around.

Back to the Wii.

I told him of the rumors on the internets that I have heard.

About people letting go of the controller while bowling.

And busting television screens.

And windows.

And that I would think it was hilarious if he did that.

I don't think a 4 1/2 year old child needs a fancy pants gaming system.

He is already big on games with guns.

Shoot em up.

He also got a Korn cd for a gift.

He thinks they are awesome.

This kid is going to grow up to be such a loser.

I was the kid you are talking abou tthere that lived for video games.

I never got fat.

I had friends.

I had a couple of km walk/bike ride to the arcade when I finished all the games I'd gotten for christmas.

But yeah, Guitar Hero is pretty good, especially after a few beers, but am I the only person who gets sore eyes after playing it for an hour? I've played games for hours on end my whole life but this is the only one where I get sore eyes.

And how hard is the game (GH2) on hard setting? Damn, I failed miserably on the first song I tried and haven't gone back. Medium is right for me, as it reminds me of playing real guitar. But the game has helped me develop a stronger downstroke technique, but am I the only person who uses a pick (plectrum) to play this game?