philly--->

cantbomb

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i rok THE NORTHFACE

• Tax Report

• clownshoes

• vintage wears

one thing no one seems to realize is that the buff was always in existence. it existed throughout the 80's and 90's and was alot worse then than it is now. the anti graffiti network was out buffing EVERY SINGLE weekend with all the writers who either got busted or used the network to do precisely that, NETWORK with other writers. the reason why it seems so much more expedient and efficient now is bcuz there are alot fewer people writing. back in the 80's and 90's there were so many people doing hardcore bombing that the network couldn't keep up with them but now the volume has decreased signifigantly not to mention, most cats that are actively bombing now don't know what to write on. if you keep hitting the same walls over and over and over of course they're gonna get painted. back when me and DANE used to route we always looked for what we termed "lifetimes" which were usually unpainted brick, cinderblock, poles, etc. rarely did we touch painted surfaces. so you really gotta put it all in perspective. one thing is certain, currently there are no city officials or police units dedicated to eliminating graffiti like during the 80's and early 90's. most of you have no idea what it was like battling tim spencer, lawrence brinkley, and frank steed over there at pagn. how many of you have experienced getting a phone call directly from the pagn after taking a fresh route?? lol. nuff said. but there are a few heads crushing shit proper and the buff is slowing down a bit. i think its due to both weather and volume but i guess we'll see.

its da weather, but the city is broke like the rest of us too. just my 2 cents, north is crushed right now, props to JK old head is puttin work in for the love of it. true inspiration

re: jk, respect. re: the buff, brick red and shit brown house paint and minimum wage labor doesnt cost the city much. i dont even know who's responsible for the bulk of the painting thats going on. i will say this, me and pre were up and down the 47 route recently and we lost tags in less than 12hrs!! crazy!!