i need to take out a small loan, what do i doodoo mayne?

crackbaby

i need a loan for about 5 grand to buy a car with. i really have no idea what to do, i have a bank of america account could i just walk up in that joint and ask for a loan with interest? i can pay the loan off within a month, i have a car worth 8 grand that i need to sell but it might take a while, so id rather get fronted 5 grand to buy my next car, and then sell the 8k car later, im retarded and have no idea where to get this shit or how

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

trading in my car to a dealership is a terrible financial decision. dealerships will lowball you at least a few grand less than private party, and then charge an extra grand or two over private party. fucking with a dealership, while conveniant, will probably end up costing me a couple grand extra

but yea im gonna try a credit union then

bank of america has something called a "gold line of credit" or some shit. sounded really good, and apparently it's somewhat easy to get, though I got turned down for having too many school loans and late credit card payments. talk to them about that. most places won't give a used car loan if the value is under $7,500.

yes. if the interest rate is fixed at a low rate for a short period, then able to fluctuate in future, they can deny large payments as they will get less interest returned on the loan. i'm not sure how often this occurs with small loans, but i know home loans can often be structured like this. at any rate, it is always best all the questions you can.

Ok, I'm glad we're on this subject. I wanted to get a new bike, I have an OLD blemish on my credit... well probably more like a gash... I owed like $200 and now 6 years later it's jacked up to over $1k... and my whole thing is like fuck ya'll what I have is not worth that much money. So my credit won't allow me to get financed. What am I to do? Has anyone here ever had their credit repaired, or know what's the way to go about doing this. Thanks for any help.

Ok, I'm glad we're on this subject. I wanted to get a new bike, I have an OLD blemish on my credit... well probably more like a gash... I owed like $200 and now 6 years later it's jacked up to over $1k... and my whole thing is like fuck ya'll what I have is not worth that much money. So my credit won't allow me to get financed. What am I to do? Has anyone here ever had their credit repaired, or know what's the way to go about doing this. Thanks for any help.

well, first of all, shame on your letting a $200 debt balloon to a grand. dumb move. i don't care what it was for, or how "unfair" it might have been. you owe the money, and the debt won't disappear.

bite the bullet, pay the grand, clear your financial record

Well the thing is that I am not needing a house right now. I've got a stable job and I'm much more responsible with my money now than I was when I was 18. Anyway, I want to get a new bike and with my credit the way it is they want like $3k down, which to me is retarded, I could do something more like $1.5k down. I would like to get my credit squared away to where I can actually put a smaller down payment on a new bike.

Well, that's not a possibility. There IS a way to pay just the original amount and I know someone has had to have done this before and knows the ins and outs of doing so. I really am not interested in paying all their crazy late fees. I would however be more than happy to pay them what I originally owed. I have also heard something like after 7 years credit problems get dropped off your credit...

have a chat with them. call them up, tell them you want to pay the 200. if they keep busting your balls about fees etc, just keep asking to speak to a manager. be a pain in the ass. eventually they'll cut their losses and accept the 200. if not, you may be able to bust the fees down to a point where they're not as high. maybe they'll meet you half way or something. at the end of the day, it's gonig to cost them more than $1000 to persue it in court, so you may as well just speak to them and ask them what you can do.

whatever you do, don't let it linger. a bank might let something minor like that ride on a small loan for a bike or car, but they don't fuck around when it comes to a house

Awesome, I think you're right. You know one other problem though is that they haven't sent me anything or called me about it in a couple months. I know it's still there, I just don't know who is in care of the debt right now. I need to find that out.

I guess while we're on the subject of responsibility... I still live at home, I am looking into getting an apartment, but people keep telling me not to because it's a waste of money. It's better to just invest in a house that you will end up being able to keep or make a monetary gain off of later... and with an apartment you cannot do that, you just lose whatever money you pay for rent in the end. I have absolutely no know how when it comes to getting or even looking for a house. What goes into finalizing something like that? I realise that my credit will have to be fixed, and that will happen... I could ask my dad about this but it'd turn into like a 4 hour conversation that I can't duck out of very easily.

it can be, depending on where you buy. there are pros and cons though. when you buy an apartment you become part of a body corporate. this means you live by the rules set out by everyone there. now, the fees you would pay yearly as part of a body corporate are generally less than the rates you would pay to the city for your house every year (yes, when you buy a house you still have more bills than just the mortgage. the water doesn't pour out your faucet by magic, the potholes in the road don't fix themselves, the grass in the parks don't cut themselves). a house gives you a little more freedom than an apartment. i would advise against buying into one of the suburban apartment complexes i see alot of here. they're poorly constructed and are made of cheap materials. if you're going to buy an apartment it could be in a bulding downtown or in the inner city. a bit more expensive than the ones in the suburbs, but it built to higher standards.

it really comes down to where you want to live for at least the next 10 years or more. do you plan on being single for a while, or at the least not have children? an apartment might be a good fit. are you on the verge of getting married and making babies? find a house.

i need a loan for about 5 grand to buy a car with. i really have no idea what to do, i have a bank of america account could i just walk up in that joint and ask for a loan with interest? i can pay the loan off within a month, i have a car worth 8 grand that i need to sell but it might take a while, so id rather get fronted 5 grand to buy my next car, and then sell the 8k car later, im retarded and have no idea where to get this shit or how

why even take a loan out if you can pay it off in a month? i would just save for a month, purchase, then everything is said and done. unless you are trying to build credit?