Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
26SidedCube

+ _ Salsa _ +

large_gardenfreshgourm_artichgarlicsalsa.jpg

Why do most salsas suck? And why is this the only good shit you can buy at the store? I'm sure there's other good stuff out there, I've just yet to discover it.

This is where you people come in:

Recommend some salsas. Post recipes. Run amok. Glue locks. You know the drill.

i like the pre made stuff in a jar. i know it's crappy, but it's just what i've grown accustomed to. fries + salsa = teh schit

I am amazed at the garbage people will buy regularly, as in I see it in their fridges all the time, like shitty guacamole. Than again I'm amazed people can eat McDonalds hamburgers or Pizza Hut pizza when so many better options abound, yet people keep on doing it...

i like pizza hut. there's something in their tomato sauce that keeps me coming back. maybe crack, i dunno. you really need the pizza hut dessert bar here in the states. we have it in australia, and that shit is dope

the best salsa is the home made salsa. this is how you do it.

-3 tomatoes

-7 jalapeno peppers(this would be kinda spicy, add or take away to your liking)

-1 garlic

-1/4 tablespoon of salt

throw it all in the blender and you are ready to roll.

you forgot some celantro... personally, myself, some people hate me, and some people love me for it.. i add finely diced yellow bell peppers, a few tbl spoons worth of extra sweet pre-cooked and actually cooked corn nibblets *they get tasty crunchy ya know* and then 2 diced olives, then mix it into the general tomatoes, celantro jalapenos and so on and so on. makes an intresting balance of sweet, spicy yet tasteable without being that stupid over powering spicy bullshit. salsa itself, is made to yes, be a form of spice taste, but more over a taste itself not just incredibly warm/hot. and if allll else fails. buy a jar of Herdez salsa, medium chunky. i like the shit, wether you do or not...not my concern.

oh man fresh salsa is so much better... been fiending for some lately actually... and pizza hut desert bar in australia??

im the only 12ozian who doesnt know how to cook. there should be a step by step cooking thread

there are so many websites with free recipes. just decide what you're feeling like, look it up and whammo, you're ready to rock.

i got some salsa from whole foods called, "Timpones Salsa Muy Rica," and i thought that it would be good because the name... it was the most disgusting shit i've ever tasted, it was like fire roasted tomato and garlic flavor or some shit. i like roasted tomato and garlic in italian food, not mexican food. shit was boof, don't get it if you see it.

Ok, only use either roma tomatoes, grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes. They have the best flavor.

Ingredients:

5 roma tomatoes (or 1 pint of either cherry or grape tomatoes)

2 jalapenos (seeds and veins removed)

1 yellow hot (seeds and veins removed)

2 green onions

1 tbsp chopped cilantro

1 tsp of garlic salt

juice of 1 lime

there are 2 ways of making this, either a) chop everything into 1" chunks and toss it in a blender (don't forget to take the seeds and veins out of the peppers or else it will be ridiculously hot) or, b) finely chop all of the above for some pico de gallo.

It's best to let the mixture sit for an hour or so to let the garlic salt bring out the flavor of the other ingredients.

Also, you can mix this in with some mashed avocados for a nice spicy guacamole.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now