missing out on the holidays.....

new castle

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Haha, yea, those are the two options pretty much.

Dude I might have to work xmas too... I'll prolly leave if that's the case.

Or be so rude to shithead customers because I'm working on xmas that I get fired :D

Sucks homie, at least you're getting money now so hopefully in the future you'll be in better standing and not have to work holidays.

If if it makes you feel better, I get standard pay on New Years.

i understand a lot of what corporate america does but companies who dont keep their employees happy (for instance - closing one fucking day of the year to let people spend time with their family) has always been something that is beyond me. i think america could go for a couple days a year where we dont have convenience at our fingertips and are forced to plan ahead for something like a gift or ingredients for a holiday meal.

I put in time off for the holidays a month ago from the 26th to the 2nd so I could see the other half of my family / kick it with some good friends I only see twice a year if I'm lucky. I told them I wasn't going to be in town. Sure enough, I roll into work yesterday and I'm scheduled 5 of the 6 I requested off. I'm not taking a 300 dollar travel loss to work my shit retail job for a 250 check......so I might be out of the job come the new year....and I could give a fuck.

i understand a lot of what corporate america does but companies who dont keep their employees happy (for instance - closing one fucking day of the year to let people spend time with their family) has always been something that is beyond me. i think america could go for a couple days a year where we dont have convenience at our fingertips and are forced to plan ahead for something like a gift or ingredients for a holiday meal.

Couldn't say it any better.

Edit

After reading ballbags comment, eh he's got a point.

America needs a fucking legit holiday, like how they do things at Carnival, so there can be no PC nonsense.

yeah, but some self righteous asshole is gonna be offended by the fact that its not his cultures holiday and make it his lifes purpose to resolve this utterly important world issue.... if it wasnt entirely diluted by political correctness it would cease to be america....

*edit: to boogie

yeah, people in this country like to miss the point. all im saying is people should be able to have a day like christmas to spend time with loved ones whether you believe in the holiday or not..

im not disagreeing with you (or missing the point(not sure if you meant me))... simply pointing out one of the retarded reasons why things are the way they are..... my girls parents grew up in italy and im always hearing stories about how shit goes down over there with families being all tight and having time to enjoy life and 4 hour nap/lunch breaks.... the way we live here is shit....