Dear Sovereign Bank

After School Special

Choke on a dick.

No Love,

After School Special.

I would have more money if I kept it under my mattress or under a rock or some shit.

Lets say I carry an average 100 dollars cash in my wallet (which I don't, hense my problems, I use my card for everything) I could have been jumped 8 times and still had more money than I do now.

I thought banks were supposed to keep my money safe, but it's actually working out that I am getting raped left and right from every possible "fee" they can come up with.

Done with banks on Monday.

Anyone else have any horror stories they can share?

104576032_97f6310a56.jpg

Bank%20Robbery%202.jpg

Oh, and that title should be bank.

Obviously.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Dear Sovereign Band

I signed up for Washington Mutual because they had west coast AND east coast branches. I confirmed with the person enrolling me on the west that I would be able to use the banks on the east. I move to New York and walk confidently into my bank, DENIED! All I get is to use the ATM's without fees and I can't even deposit checks in them! I had to have a bank in my home state to get unemployment checks, so I keep it anyway.

I move back to the west coast a year later and for unknown reasons continue doing business with them. 6 months elapse and I get a charge from a company I blocked a year ago while in NY from processing payments because they wouldn't let me cancel an account. I call customer service to ask what happened but tell them not to cancel my card being as I was going out that night...after a night of drinking and good times I go to pay and DENIED AGAIN! They canceled my card for "security reasons" an refused to turn it back on...

Fuck Washington Mutual, they are easily one of the worst banks ever. I joined a credit union and never looked back...

you should all switch to USAA... yeah, you have to mail deposits to Texas but they send you 'free envelopes' for free... And the checking account is free, no minimum, plus they pay for your first 10 'foreign ATM' charges (up to $2.50) and they are like THE BOMB for customer service.

I still keep a local bank for quick turnaround of suspect checks but I mostly deal in Tejas...

Man I have bank of america.. they suck.. they sent me a notice telling me I bounced a check when I had an available balance of 6 times what the check was for.. then when I called they refused to waive the fee for bouncing a check since they had already waived one fee for me this year.. I kindly went in and explained what happened to the people at the bank to which I was told they could do nothing for me.. The worst part is bank of america still owes me $300 it took out of my account by "accident" that they told me I would be credited for in 3 months... There is no way for me to get my money sooner.. I am actually thinking about taking them to small claims court..

I remember back in the day you'd go to buy something and not have the money, it would say "denied"

Or if you went to an ATM it would say insufficient funds.

Done deal.

Crap I don't have money, oh well.

But there is not an option for that with Sovereign.

They let you overdraft, with a convenience fee of 30 dollars.

How convenient...

So a gas station purchace of 50 dollars went uncharged for a week without my knowledge, and when it happened I had 20 in my account, leaving me with -30 dollars.

Wait, it gets better.

The overdraft fee was 30, so I really had -60

So at the time I thought I had 20 bucks, cool, lets live.

Charges made.

Pack of Newports = 5 dollars +30 dollar convenience fee

Bottle of water = 1.25 +30 dollar convenience fee

McDonalds = 7 dollars +30 dollar convenience fee

(i knew I was running low, trying to save money, gross, I know)

7-11 purchace of a sammich later in the night 5 dollars +30 dollar convenience fee

So at the end of the day I spent 18.25, pretty good since I thought I had 20 bucks.

But overdraft convenience fees came to 120 dollars.

And the gas charge already had me at -60.

So I go to the ATM to check my balance today, at a predicted 1.75.

And find it at -198.25.

That's a bad hit.

With a bank I am paying almost 6 dollars for every dollar I've spent.

GOOD FUCKING DEAL!

then do this: save a hundred dollars, open a savings account and then make it your overdraft account. Problem solved. if you ever overdraw your savings account will drop some cash in your checking.

p.s. its also a good idea to put a monthly direct deposite of say $50 from your checking to your savings that way you guarentee that you have cash in there, plus its good to save, I know its hard but yeh...bank fees suck worse.

That's what Union Bank did to me. They gave me some sensation about "keeping my account in good standing for six months" or something.

But, if I was ABLE to keep my account in good standing, then I wouldn't NEED overdraft protection. They weren't up to arguing the finer points of logic and how it should apply to banking.

Not that it occured to me that you should get that shit when you start the damn account. Ideally, for free.

I remember back in the day you'd go to buy something and not have the money, it would say "denied"

Or if you went to an ATM it would say insufficient funds.

Done deal.

Crap I don't have money, oh well.

But there is not an option for that with Sovereign.

They let you overdraft, with a convenience fee of 30 dollars.

How convenient...

So a gas station purchace of 50 dollars went uncharged for a week without my knowledge, and when it happened I had 20 in my account, leaving me with -30 dollars.

Wait, it gets better.

The overdraft fee was 30, so I really had -60

So at the time I thought I had 20 bucks, cool, lets live.

Charges made.

Pack of Newports = 5 dollars +30 dollar convenience fee

Bottle of water = 1.25 +30 dollar convenience fee

McDonalds = 7 dollars +30 dollar convenience fee

(i knew I was running low, trying to save money, gross, I know)

7-11 purchace of a sammich later in the night 5 dollars +30 dollar convenience fee

So at the end of the day I spent 18.25, pretty good since I thought I had 20 bucks.

But overdraft convenience fees came to 120 dollars.

And the gas charge already had me at -60.

So I go to the ATM to check my balance today, at a predicted 1.75.

And find it at -198.25.

That's a bad hit.

With a bank I am paying almost 6 dollars for every dollar I've spent.

GOOD FUCKING DEAL!

why are you using your card to buy less than 10 dollars worth of shit..thats just asking for trouble....you can probably call them bitches up and get em to make it one big 30 dollar conveniance fee

for me fuck banks..i keep a stash box and a glock to protect it....i do have a checking account to write my rent and bills from ............ive been thinkin about fuckin with another bank because sometimes i get worried that my apartment will burn down and my hard earned cash will go up in smoke....anyone got wells fargo how are they?? i need a free account thats seperate from my one for bills

then do this: save a hundred dollars, open a savings account and then make it your overdraft account. Problem solved. if you ever overdraw your savings account will drop some cash in your checking.

p.s. its also a good idea to put a monthly direct deposite of say $50 from your checking to your savings that way you guarentee that you have cash in there, plus its good to save, I know its hard but yeh...bank fees suck worse.

That's really smart, I'm going to check into that.

That's what happens when these banks get huge and national, they turn into bureaucratic monoliths where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and they "accidentally" take out $300 dollars from your account, wrongfully charge you a fee, and fuck your cat without so much as an apology because "there's nothing we can do for you".

That's what happens when these banks get huge and national, they turn into bureaucratic monoliths where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and they "accidentally" take out $300 dollars from your account, wrongfully charge you a fee, and fuck your cat without so much as an apology because "there's nothing we can do for you".

or randomly insist that you have a thousand dollars more in your account that you dont really have and force you to keep it (bc they say theres no mistake) even when you bring the mistake to light. that what happened to a friend of mine.