Zoo Animals are so depressing.....

ZeroCool

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zoos are depressing as shit - I could see enjoying a safari maybe, but looking at an animal that has a territory of miles pace between a few yards is sad. Seeing a lion, a tiger, and an elephant in one day at a zoo made me aware of this and I'll never go to a zoo again or believe in the purpose they serve. Same with an aquarium, the animals that draw the biggest crowds are the most deserving of freedom, not to be clowns for shitty white kids on vacation from the big city or the midwest...

you should free them.

while they are depressing, a lot of zoos actually do some beneficial research for species.... like i was reading a plaque at the kc zoo about the orangutans and how inbred they all are since there are so few of them... so they use a computer program to find the most genetically dissimilar orangutans to mate with each other. they probably do the same for cheetahs and other depleted populations.

p.s. we need to start breeding redheads before they go extinct.

i'm sure most of the animals at zoos don't know that there's a life outside of the zoo. it's like us looking up at the stars, wishing we could visit other galaxies. it's dumb to feel bad for the less fortunate, because most of those people feeling bad would argue that they aren't unfortunate themselves. i'm saying, it's shitty if the animals have a small cage or no friends to play with...but for the most part, who cares?

the best thing about animals in zoos is that this happens

tigerhits.jpg

SAN FRANCISCO

Zoo keeper hurt in tiger attack

The San Francisco Zoo has closed its Lion House, an exhibit where the public can watch the big cats eat a meal, while officials investigate the mauling of a keeper by a Siberian tiger.

The woman, who has worked at the zoo since 1997, was rushed into surgery Friday night to save her lacerated limb. Her family requested that her identity and condition not be released, zoo and San Francisco General Hospital officials said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/12/24/ap/tech/mainD8M6VHTO0.shtml

• 2 weeks later...
I like the shorts. And the photo of the brown bear, alot. Here's a photo of a wild gator, in Wakulla Springs, one of my most favorite places in the world. I haven't been to a zoo in a while.. Oh, and a heron of some sort.

Alligator.jpg

White.jpg

bump for Wakulla Springs...been there a few times, nice place. The original Tarzan was filmed there, not that it matters.