Dear ________,

suca

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Dear @SMdoubleXL,

I've had multiple dogs that were trained well enough that I could do that,  and that were 100% lovers of everyone,  I would still call them to my side when we approached a person. 

On a hike I could walk 5 miles and know that my dog ran 15+ miles. With high energy active breeds its almost a necessity to trust them to that degree, unless you're a marathon runner. 

Of course, not everyone doing this has a good dog, a trained dog, a trustworthy dog, etc, but I used to do it,  and will absolutely do it again in the future when I have trustworthy dogs. 

-F

(At the vets where my dog is being x-rayed for eating hardwood nuts in the woods and getting a clogged asshole, how much will this cost........... .    .        . )

• Props 1

Dear fist 

I have NEVER come across a dog owner with a dog who listens to commands. 
you are a rare one, good sir. 

I have great dogs now and in the past. My past dogs were Bassett hounds ffs. A hella docile breed. 
but my good dogs currently and my docile dogs in the past still don’t like it when a dog gets in their space. It’s always seconds before someone has finally chased their unleashed dog down that a fight will break out. If a fight were to break out my dogs are fucked  becaue I have them on a leash while unleashed dog gets zero restraint   Then the owners always ALWAYS get shitty becaue im yelling that I’ll kick their fucking dog in the throat. 

I wish everyone’s voice commands really worked 

good luck at the vet for real 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

Dear squirrels,

Stop using my dogs b hole as a pantry. 

Thanks, 

F

What kind of nuts are these?  Never heard of this before but I guess if they get a stomach full of something like that... Dogs here try to eat acorns, but new acorns are pretty bitter so they tend to spit them out.

Maybe related but for those who don't know, do not let your dogs eat corn cobs.

Mostly they are hickory nuts, she likes chewing on the shells... the vet was able to pull a big piece out of her b hole, and she has had a regular-ish poop since then, so we may be in the clear.

The issue isn't inherently the nuts, it's not chewing them and then passing (or trying to) something too large to fit through. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Dear @SMdoubleXL

I didn't understand at first but I feel ya 100%.  The issue isn't how friendly or trained a person's unleashed dog is, the issue is that the other dog may not be friendly or might need a slow intro.  

Dear OMB 

it’s the logic I won’t ever understand. 

unless you’re a great/responsible dog owner like Fist (and I truly understand those that live around no people and have rare to zero occurrence of running into others) 

Whether im with my dogs or not, if a dog comes runnin up to me, off the leash, as owner is l(failing) attempting to call them, I panic. I have been bitten before so that’s probably why.  I know the protocols to let a strange dog approach me (movements, hand gesture, tone…etc) but it panics me. How can owner be ok with the chance of dog biting someone? 
same goes for when I’m with my dogs. How can the owner be so sure that my dogs ON THE LEASH aren’t mean/aggressive and won’t get defensive when another dog (un controlled) is smelling their ass. Then I’m a sitting duck as I’m holding my dogs, leashed up, as other dog can just have their way? 

it’s the mindset and logic that I don’t understand. 

sometimes I have a hard time trying to get my point across,

me