Dear ________,

suca

Dear Decy,

dim problem, I hope it works out for you! Wales is great when it comes to free education and prescription drugs :) Let me know how you get on innit.

grd

Dear dears,

Since his stroke my dad has gone into relationship overdrive. After 27 years of happy non marriage with my step mum he proposed to her, by proposed I mean he's told her they're getting married. My big brother is going through a divorce...also he's quite mad so he's off the radar and all my sisters are married.

I'm the youngest and his favourite also I'm newly single. He's always tried to set me up with his friends sons but now it's like something has snapped in him and he won't rest easy until I'm married. He had a go at me for over an hour at dinner last night telling me I needed to get over myself and beg my ex to take me back. I've had 5 phone calls in the last hour from my step mum relaying information about men...one of them a male nurse who he took a shine to in hospital who would be "a perfect addition to the family".

How do I tell him to fuck off in a nice way that isn't going to induce another stroke?!

-grd

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Dear Decy,

dim problem, I hope it works out for you! Wales is great when it comes to free education and prescription drugs :) Let me know how you get on innit.

grd

Dear dears,

Since his stroke my dad has gone into relationship overdrive. After 27 years of happy non marriage with my step mum he proposed to her, by proposed I mean he's told her they're getting married. My big brother is going through a divorce...also he's quite mad so he's off the radar and all my sisters are married.

I'm the youngest and his favourite also I'm newly single. He's always tried to set me up with his friends sons but now it's like something has snapped in him and he won't rest easy until I'm married. He had a go at me for over an hour at dinner last night telling me I needed to get over myself and beg my ex to take me back. I've had 5 phone calls in the last hour from my step mum relaying information about men...one of them a male nurse who he took a shine to in hospital who would be "a perfect addition to the family".

How do I tell him to fuck off in a nice way that isn't going to induce another stroke?!

-grd

Dear grd dear,

I'm sure they mean well, but am also sure it's annoying as hell.

Since you're "newly single", maybe you can just tell your folks that you need a few months or so to focus on yourself before getting into another relationship. That you're setting some important goals & appreciate their love/support.

No matter how intelligent, independent, talented you are...parents seem to feel their daughters are better off with a partner to "look after them". (such a fuckin' pain, right?) Try not to let them drag you into a defensive/irritated mode...stick your fingernail into your thigh while smiling at them..."Yes Dad, yes Step-Mum...am so grateful you're here for me"...then get some bacitracin for the bloody wound you've dug into thigh...call a girlfriend, have a few drinks, pet the dog, brush the cat...

I have to see my family in a few hours, so my bacitracin's in the bag & my cunt is in the sink!!!

Best always...;) xxx

grd,

there is no way to explain that that will make him stop

at least, i doubt it

my mom bugged me for over a decade about having a kid

she started to give up on it, finally, once i got so much older and nothing had happened

then she died.

good luck dealing with that pressure, it's something i still occasionally think about with sadness.

they should have adopted or had another kid (tough with my mom's disease) if they wwre that desperate for grandkids.. but they were, and i never gave them one. fuck it right? you gotta do what is right for you.

!@#$%

dear people who say you're over it and you're out

i'll believe it when i see it

and i don't see you

!@#$%

Dear Symbols

dont beat yourself up about it, having a kid is a double edged sword, I love being a dad and love having that responsibility but it also means I feel completely tied to his mum and him and cannot break free, I refuse to let my son grow up in a broken home. Your mum will just be happy knowing you arehappy and doing what is best for you, that is all a parent really wants.

Decy

Dear self

stop being such a fucking dick, you have now lost your keys and are at the point where you are about to snap and go fucking apeshit. I literally want to rip someone's head off at the moment.

Decy

Dear wife

stop being a fucking dick

decy

thanks decyfer..

like i said, mom is dead ... she never did get over it, i always heard about it and after she died my dad rubbed my face in it.

and i can assure you, my happiness was irrelevant to what they wanted. i had two parents who grew up in viciously abusive homes, in all senses of the word. so they were much better parents to me; to them that meant not beating the crap out of us or letting sick shit go on...i was not abused, but they were hardened people with lots of problems. happiness wasn't part of the equation.

she wanted a grandkid. goddamit and she wanted it then.

oh well. we do what we can and move on. i did offer to have a kid that they could adopt. that wasn't acceptable.

i hate that feeling of being stuck though

i really feel for you, i have a really hard time committing to anything permanently.

and i love my freedom, even more than what my mom wanted.. and i would have done anything, except that, for her.

i've realized i was also talking about my dad in the past tense... he is still with me, luckily. i love him very much, but he is walking around half-dead now that my mom is gone

!@#$%

Dear symbols

I realised she was dead but hate using that phrase 'looking down on you' because I know that aint the case (my personal beliefs)

Shit you have your head screwed on better than most people I have come across so keep doing your thing - good on you!!

Dear HOPE NOT

keep your head up, take your advice because you certainly have given out some good advice before.

Decy

dear Grd...

just tell them you now prefer to eat the box...

dear dad...

your mad rants fuckin' kill me at times...

i know you don't hear me laughing, but inside i am pishin' meh pants...

also you singing the benny hill theme tune as we watched almost 20 police officers on the news in full riot gear running into one tiny wee hoose to arrest one 16 year old was just utterly priceless...

rolf

word. So i opened it and thee were 2 signed letters of rec in the envelope. I am going to put 1 in a fresh envelope and send mail it as though it never came thru me. Put my recommender's return addy info in the corner and address it to admissions. See i called admissions not long after i made that post and the girl said mostly the letters come from the writer and are not forwarded by the applicant. Try to avoid all problems. It was trouble enough getting these letters to begin with

dear cali-g with the camo shades,

just been busy with photography. concerts, events, nightlife, sports, models. whatever i can. i've done 3 features for my local alt weekly, one cover photo. one photo in the new york times, event for laweekly. working with a writer on a book. football is coming soon.

trying to save $$ and pay bills off so I can quit my day job and do this full-time.

-wishful thinking marco

word. So i opened it and thee were 2 signed letters of rec in the envelope. I am going to put 1 in a fresh envelope and send mail it as though it never came thru me. Put my recommender's return addy info in the corner and address it to admissions. See i called admissions not long after i made that post and the girl said mostly the letters come from the writer and are not forwarded by the applicant. Try to avoid all problems. It was trouble enough getting these letters to begin with

yes, they are usually mailed by writer but not always, in my case i got a few sealed envelopes, some also had signatures on the seal. what is good though is your rec is legit, so if they feel they have to check up on it for some reason it'll be fine

i'm assuming, the admissions dept did not want two copies? that happens sometimes..

Dear HOPE NOT

keep your head up, take your advice because you certainly have given out some good advice before.

Decy

Dearest Decy...

WoW...thanks. Means a lot coming from you, whom I respect/like!!! Thanks...very kind.

Funny, but when someone writes/says something nice to/about me, I initially feel it in my heart & almost tear up.

Then I think..."are they fuckin' crazy"???

dear decyferon...

i blame the weather... and everything else... including the folk from glasgow, their poor hygene keeps the sun away from scotland 24/7...

just oot o' interest, is it not the fuckin' dopest shit ever havin' a wee boy?

i doubt i could be at dad at this point, as i normally still struggle to brush my teeth even at the grand age of 24...

i'm just worried when i do hae a wee bairn. that it'd be a girl, that'd be pure shite...

no pedo, but when me and all the boys and shit bring their kids oot to the BBQs once or twice a year, i'm always playing teh fitba' (football/soccer) with them for fuckin' ages and find myself enjoying their company a lot more than half of my peers...

rolf

Dear Rolf

If I didnt have a son I would have nothing to keep me from going off the rails, he is my boy number 1, without being big headed I am a good dad, I love spending time with him, knowing what he enjoys and making him laugh. Shit he even tries to dress like me so he matches me when we are out haha but thats cool means he is rocking a decent pair of trainers and a funky tshirt. Was cool he used to have a proper Mohawk but when he started school they didn't like it, so I didn't wanna make life hard for him. Shit I could talk about him for hours, only real good thing in my life!!

Even when his friends come round I love playing with them (the mums always ask me if im for hire haha)

I was 27 when I had him, even then I wasn't ready but seriously man it is fucking dope, although I have spent all day playing Pokemon on his DS with him but he gets so happy about it. I might not look after myself properrly sometimes but he is always looked after and has everything he needs.

I dunno if it would be the same having a daughter. A friend has a daughter that loves me just wants cuddles everytime I see her, which is cool but feels weird man, she isn't mine but is so loving towards me haha /nopedo

Decy

Dear Rolf,

I have a 5 year old daughter and she is the shit, my boys always want to wrestle and fight but she is just content to snuggle on the couch and chill with me. Its awesome, but it scares the shit out of me at the same time, in about 7 years Im gonna have to start keeping the wolfs off of her. Luckily her brothers are both older, and are viscous little shits. I thought i was pretty good w/ a paint brush till I had to paint a 4 year old girls fingernails.

Evil

• Like 1

Dear Eviltrailer

Yea man the idea of a daughter scares me as when she hits those teenage years, we all know what teenage boys are like, but props to you for being a family man, always makes me laugh when you hear about people on 12oz being responsible family people, I think of us all as degenerates.

Decy

Dear dears,

I told him I'm far too heartbroken to consider anything more than casual sex for a while...that soon shut him up :S

Rolf, if I told him that he'd just start trying to fix me up with wimmins.

-grd

Dear Hope,

chin up petal, where's there's life there's hope :)

-grd

dear hope not,

prolly dont know me....

but one can never be too sure..

simsheerly elish.

p.s i swore i was gonna take a break from ch0 yesterday... that and its creepy seeing a mod in the nonsense thread i just havnt had the heart to tell mercer to stop posting images from 2002 and lurk yet

dear hope not,

prolly dont know me....

but one can never be too sure..

simsheerly elish.

p.s i swore i was gonna take a break from ch0 yesterday... that and its creepy seeing a mod in the nonsense thread i just havnt had the heart to tell mercer to stop posting images from 2002 and lurk yet

2002...Ha...Oh great...I haven't even posted any pics THAT new!!!

Seems every time I post in NEW YORK CITY...some kinda shit breaks out between the some of the "little kids"...

Dear Life,

When am I gonna grow up???

Dear HOPE NOT,

Make it soon...come on now...

dear thread...

Evil, that's exactly my point... i'd be shit scared knowin' that my wee angel's a tickin' time bomb once she hits 13 or some shit...

i doubt i'd really give a shit whatever i had, if i even have kids. my mate's nieces are funny as fuck, and they run up to me and give my hugs and shit most times they see me. but i honestly think i always have more time for kids than what i do a lot of my mates...

again... /no beast

but i'd much prefer a boy who like decy says. i could put in wee jordans and polo rugbys so he can swagger aboot like his cool dad all fuckin' day long, plus i'd rather throw my wee boy in a boxing ring at aboot 7 year old than my wee girl if i had one... but i'd make sure if i did have a wee lassie she'd know how throw her weight aboot, but her gran would fill that in nae bother...

i'm sounding like a right fuckin' poof the night...

dear grd...

yeah that'll dae it nae bother...

ROlf

Dear Parents on 12oz,

The 1st thing I thought of when awakening from anesthesia, after both my son & I nearly dying in childbirth...was, that this is what it feels like to love somebody more than your own life...if that makes any sense...

Everything was hunky-dory until he hit 12...then it was like my fuckin' brain exploded!!! Holy shit...I still don't know how I survived...

Now he's such a mature, wonderful, amazing person...I no longer feel like a parental failure & I'm always scared that it's just a dream that could just go *POOF* & blow up in my face...

Dear Rolf

Yea I wanted my son to get a bit tougher, he is currently doing Tae Kwon Doe (my missus didnt want him to do boxing) although it is funny as hell because if you ask him what to do if someone attacks him he says 'I will kick them in the winkie' dunno where he got winkie from because I said kick em in the nuts.

He brought home a big practise boxing padd the other day that was dope, we were kicking the shit outta it together, he held it and asked dme to hit it as hard as I can, I told him I can't but will hit it gently, told him to stand in front of the sofa punched the bag and he went fucking flying was hilarious, we both crying with laughter

Decy

Dear HOPE

If my son puts me through the shit I put my parents through I am in for trouble!!

Decy