Dear ________,

suca

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Dear life

you are doing my fucking head in, I hate looking for jobs that I know I iwll fucking hate just to get some cash. I think I would rather be happy and poor than have a bit of cash and wake up wanting to kill someone and work a job I hate. I want to move away from where I am now, but my wife doesn't and I don't know how much longer I can put up with all this.

Depressed as shit

Decy

decyfer..

you gotta get a job you enjoy.. no way around working. i know we've discussed it before but i'm just going to say it again: a miserable job makes a person miserable and affects every facet of their life. get out now.. stop wasting time. a happier you, even a poorer you, will make a happier family.

ever see the stats that show that poor people don't commit suicide nearly as often as rich people?

!@#$%

Symbols,

I completely agree with you, just the chance at the moment of finding something I enjoy is becoming such an impossibility. I have actually just volunteered to help the local council with youth working projects and a few art projects so hopefully something more solid and long lasting will come out of this.

Decy

decyfer..

you gotta get a job you enjoy.. no way around working. i know we've discussed it before but i'm just going to say it again: a miserable job makes a person miserable and affects every facet of their life. get out now.. stop wasting time. a happier you, even a poorer you, will make a happier family.

ever see the stats that show that poor people don't commit suicide nearly as often as rich people?

!@#$%

I just found this and it's from a 2006 survey ;

http://www.freakonomics.com/2008/04/22/the-economics-of-happiness-part-4-are-rich-people-happier-than-poor-people/

Decyferon - keep your head up man, Jobs are tough especially in a sluggish economy. Bosses are being more stingy with wages and bonuses, especially when there's a lot of uncertainty in the market. But I think this is part of a bigger trend I'm seeing among employees in the middle class, Everyone I know who works everyday say the same thing they are unhappy either because they are under appreciated , over worked and under paid. The decline in workers union is clearly tied to this. Look at the Verizon strikes going on now.

^what is interesting to me about that, is that the 'pretty happy' category is much the same percentage

the differences are really borne out on the extremes.. super happy, very wealthy people.. and very unhappy, very poor people.. which seems logical enough

my broader point is that the survey seems to suggest that wealth doesn't do much until you get to the bottom, or the top. those of us in the middle are probably better off picking a job we like, because a difference of even 10-20k won't likely make much difference

..the fewest suicides do occur in poor countries, though this is at least partly due to the fact that people are too focused on surviving to get angstful .. also due to strong ties with family and community

dear whoever knows,

I just got a letter of recommendation. It was required for my grad school application. Am I

supposed to send the original? Would a copy suffice? I actually just got 2 real legit letters which

reflects the last few years of positive efforts. I sort of would like to keep them on file. In a

portfolio type situation. Is it in bad taste to re-use references when they were gained for something

specific? Is a reference a reference?

-abcd

abcs,

i would ask the references if that's ok to do that

i think usually it's understood that you are asking for A reference for A purpose, not some amorphous and unending show of support.

the people who wrote them probably would not mind being asked to do it again

my old boss would have people write them and he would sign them. haha

i would NOT send a copy. in the world of digital manipulation, you should send the original

sometimes they will even ask the sender to seal it so you can't see it, so don't give them any reason to suspect you tampered with it

if you want to keep copies for yourself, do that. and what you can do, is list those people as references on your resume or CV ..then someone can just call them. i think you are also ok to assume, if they wrote you a reference, you can list them as one

!@#$%

Dear brother,

It went past being even remotely funny quite a while ago. I have enough to stress about without your bullshit. Just because you're my big brother don't think I won't have you held on a section 4.

- grd

Dear Decy,

Have you considered volunteering with the YMCA or some other youth groups not affiliated with local government? You could do a college course along side it and then go into art therapy for young people. You've been through stuff that puts you in a unique position where you can relate to kids, I think you'd be great at it! It's very rewarding work too. Also, if you wanted to train to be a social worker Wales gives you a 4 grand bursary and pays your fees. It might be worth looking in to.

-grd