Atheists: who is going to ruin your funeral?

En Sabah Nur

lately i've been thinking about how when i die, i'm probably going to have a catholic funeral with a bunch of people spouting bullshit that i hate, and people who don't know me (a.k.a. family members) talking about me... and then get buried in the catholic cemetery in my grandparents' small town where no one will ever come to visit.

also, funeral costs are insane... just bury me in the back yard like we did with the cat.

on another note, even though i don't believe in any of that crap, i still for some reason have not signed up to be an organ donor because i want to be buried whole... i also don't want them to suck out my guts and blood and put them down the drain because i want to be buried with them. maybe that's more of an issue of respect than anything. if you want my organs, come get them from me while i'm alive and see how far you get. it's probably more that i'm an asshole.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beleive in simple funeral proceedings. When muslims die, the body will is washed and musk is aplied to the body according to Islamic tradition, then taken to the nearest mosque and the people present will pray for me and ask my forgiveness. No casket, just a simple white cloth and then buried before 24 hours elapses in a muslim cemetary facing mecca.

There are very minimal costs (no more than a hundred dollars ,if that) I go to funerals of people I don't even know all the time because they are usually done after the congregation prayers. Death is inevitable and most of us aren't even prepared for it. I stay on my p's and q's when it comes to dying. It's the only thing i'm promised, not even another breath,

just death.

I was thinking about going for a traditional mumification... You know the whole brains through the nose thing. If that doesn't work out, I can't always get my brother to put a ghetto blaster on my coffin and blast Rest In Piss by Brotha Lynch Hung. Kind of like my last laugh. Cept It would probably make hella people cry and only my brother and some of my friends might laugh. It can't really be tastefully done. But that's not the point is it? :o

I was thinking about going for a traditional mumification... You know the whole brains through the nose thing. If that doesn't work out, I can't always get my brother to put a ghetto blaster on my coffin and blast Rest In Piss by Brotha Lynch Hung. Kind of like my last laugh. Cept It would probably make hella people cry and only my brother and some of my friends might laugh. It can't really be tastefully done. But that's not the point is it? :o

i thought about mummification too. only because it's a lost art. having my body crucified in public would be dope too.

i went to a funeral recently where the dude dead was a great guy, i knew him briefly but a great guy; but he was totally nuetral/non-religious, and his step dad had his preacher do the service, which is fine, but the preacher seemed to be talking to me as he ranted about his belief that you'd "have to be an idiot not to be a Christian". (the yarmulke on my head and the tassels hanging out from shirt gave me away... i think).

I'll just be cremated but I'm still gonna have a funeral and rent a coffin and pay a black girl w/ a big church hat to run in and collapse over the coffin and wail... then when they drag her back off the coffin it will open to reveal... Tah-Dah! Wet bar! (Cue the jams)

i went to a funeral recently where the dude dead was a great guy, i knew him briefly but a great guy; but he was totally nuetral/non-religious, and his step dad had his preacher do the service, which is fine, but the preacher seemed to be talking to me as he ranted about his belief that you'd "have to be an idiot not to be a Christian". (the yarmulke on my head and the tassels hanging out from shirt gave me away... i think).

yeah i had a friend that died who actually was a christian, but the way the priest talked about it disgusted me at times. it became obvious that they use funerals to recruit people at their most vulnerable time.

yeah i had a friend that died who actually was a christian, but the way the priest talked about it disgusted me at times. it became obvious that they use funerals to recruit people at their most vulnerable time.

amen. no pun intended. im quite the athiest and at my grandmothers funeral im almost puked from disgust at the way the guy who didnt even know my grandmother talked about what we should come away with from her death.

Youre an arsehole if you 're not an organ donor and you dont have some kind of religious or spiritual beliefs that conflict with it. I'm sure youd all change your tunes if your mother was dying of kidney failure and she had to wait 2 years for a transplant because there are too few altruistic people who will donate something they will not need or use in the slightest when theyre already dead.

for me take my organs bury me and have a small non-religious memorial presided over by those close to me not someone who i have never met. ( i might let my priest cousin play a part of reading some dope gospel quotes though)

nah, not even taxes just death, because you don't know when your last breath will be. The next one could be the last one.

yeah, plus you can always choose jail over taxes.

Youre an arsehole if you 're not an organ donor and you dont have some kind of religious or spiritual beliefs that conflict with it. I'm sure youd all change your tunes if your mother was dying of kidney failure and she had to wait 2 years for a transplant because there are too few altruistic people who will donate something they will not need or use in the slightest when theyre already dead.

for me take my organs bury me and have a small non-religious memorial presided over by those close to me not someone who i have never met. ( i might let my priest cousin play a part of reading some dope gospel quotes though)

you overestimate my relationship with my mother or any other person.

when i die i want to be barried in my hometown under a big oak tree. take my blood and organs i wont need them anymore, they could help somebody. i want all my homies to tell all the crazy stories about all the good times we had together. and i want to barried with my first skateboard and a flick of the first piece and last piece i did on a freight, and a picture of all my closest friends smilin and havin a good time at the yard or the skatepark; either one is great. just so when i get dug up 2 million years from now they will have known who i was and what i did. but i'll chillin with Jesus and Jimi Hendrix enjoying my everlasting eternity.

• 2 weeks later...
well, you my friend sound like a selfish fool

And who gives a fuck! :lol:

i think it would suck for my mum having to wait 2 years to get a kidney, but seriously, what i do with my organs is my business. I don't think i would donate mine, but if my mum needed one and no-one could donate it, cause not enough people were, id be fkn pissed off, but honestly, that wouldnt make me donate mine, to anyone other than my family when i die, cause its my business.

i am athiest aswell, and i hate how they go on about all this god crap when i go to funerals. like, he will now be infront of gods doorstep, and will recieve forgiveness and go to heaven. and the shit that some pastors etc: say, i wouldnt want that at my funeral.

in my opinion, it shouldnt be anything about god cause its my death, people are there to mourn me.

i would have samuel l jackson recite that bible quote in pulp fiction. classic.

probably a recording of it becuase im prettysure he'd die before i would. or the boondock saints prayer would be sweet.

also i hope i dont have anyorgans remaining. if brain and penis transplants became possible tehn i'd live again in a new body and my penis(old penis) would thank me and make the recipent very happy also.