Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frate_Raper

AND I luv it!

When the gas station runs out fo regular, mid and super. Then I get ultra 94 for the price of regular! 40 beans to fill the whip, i wont front!!!!!

Ultra 94, is that your octane rating for petrol?

In Australia we only have upto 98 octane, but most of it is 92 octane stuff.

I use 92, as it seems to last longer.

Guest spectr

there is this gas station in indiana, I think it might be lafeyette that has ultra cheaper then regular every day of the year... it is usually 20 cents cheaper or some shit to get ultra then it is to get regular...

Guest Ginger Bread Man

when i upped the octane in my `z28 the result was backfiring like a motherfucker

I get free gas from shell because a year ago one of their cashiers pulled a gun on me because he thought I was the dude who robbed them two days prior. Court's fun when shit's in your favor.

I notice the difference in the way my car runs, it is a bit smoother accelerating, but it just means that the fuel is actually burning away quicker IMO.

wellllllllll sunco gas burns much cleaner then anyother brand, how do i know? the motorsports company that has worked on my engine. They had the pie graphs and a full power point while the engine was runnin to show me the difference. THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAS COMPANY. The shop that works on my fleet of trucks, same shit use sunco, my moms mechanic same shit use sunco.

regular gas has an octane rating of 87, midgrade gas is 89, and premium is 91 or 92. (Octane ratings are lower in the mountain west due to the effects of thin air on internal combustion.) Contrary to widespread belief, the octane rating doesn't indicate how much power the fuel delivers; all grades of gasoline contain roughly the same amount of heat energy. Rather, a higher octane rating means the fuel is less likely to cause your engine to knock or ping. Knock, also known as detonation, occurs when part of the fuel-air mixture in one or more of your car's cylinders ignites spontaneously due to compression, independent of the combustion initiated by the spark plug. (The ideal gas law tells us that a gas heats up when compressed.) Instead of a controlled burn, you get what amounts to an explosion--not a good thing for your engine. To avoid this, high-octane gas is formulated to burn slower than regular, making it less likely to ignite without benefit of spark.

I stole that off a website....but it sums up why i use higher octane

young_jeezy.jpg

we count hunnits on the table, twenties on the flo

fresh outta work and on the way with some mo

and i love it! and I love it!

i got gangstas in the crowd, bad bitches at my show

parked outside, and sittin on vogues...

and I love it! and i love it!

one time, i went in to pay for gas and the lady was doing something in the back, so when she came out i got a free fountain drink for waiting.

holla!

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now