Apocalypto

Gunm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
theres no anti-semitism, i saw this movie on a critics premier this last monday, its the same bullshit theyve been feeding everyone about the Maya, Mexika and many other great indigenous civilizations, the typical stereotypes of savagery, violence and human sacrifice, which is solely based on writing of early Spaniard invaders, who didnt uderstand nothin about Indigenous cultures and religion. All the actors in the movie are actually North American "Indians", Gibson could get any of the Maya descendants from the surrounding towns to take part of the film or support it in anyway. Instead they had to teach these sell-outs from up here the original language of the Maya, Yucateco Maya. Youll notice how slow their dialogues are while speaking the language. ... Anyways, if what you are lookin for is to pump your adrenaline, and thrill your self a lil bit ...go for it, ...the shit is overly violent, 90% of this movie is made up of grotesce killings scenes..........

But dont confuse this shit as being historically correct, dont expect to learn anything new about the Maya civilization, other than what you already know that they were blood-thirsty savages. that is certainly not the purpose of this film. .... not to mention Gibson's suggestion in the last scene of the film, of Christianity and the arrival of the Spaniards as what inevitably "Saved" Jaguar Paw the protagonist of the film...lol... i sincerely laughed at that. Gibson should just kill himself, first with his drunken anti-semitism, now with this

anyways, im just glad i didt pay a cent to watch that piece of shit. As a matter a fact amma go sacrifice me a white boy, and feed the beating heart to my chihuahua

yo sorry to disagree with you on this man . i just read a short article in archeology magazine. they used this dude Richard Hansen who is a expert on mayan archeology. he himself just finished a documentray called "Dawn of the maya". when they asked him who where the actors hiredd for the film he replied with. "for the most part they were Yucatec maya; we had few people from the us who had Native blood. everything, all the dialouge is spoken in yucate maya. some of th epeople in the film had never seen a movie before. and the heroine had never performed in any kind of film in her life. he also noted that it was based on fact. he's spent hours and hours going through pottery images looking for tatoos. the sacrification and tatooing was all researched. the jade teeht etc etc. the only thing he said wasnt factual was that shit that comes down from one ear into the nose through the septum..

when asked where the maya as violent as they are depicted in the movie. he said" we know warefare was going on. the postclassic center of tulum is a walled city; these sites had to be in defensive possitions. and there was tremedous aztec influence by this time. and the aztecs were ruthless in sacrifice. a pratice that spilled over into the maya regions"

one last thing when asked

gibson serves on the board of your foundation for anthropological research and environmental studies. is he planning to be involved with the mirador basin project?

"he's very interested in conservation and models of suitainable development for the local population as opposed to logging, for crying out loud. we want to reduce the drug imports and illegal immigration.

as far as my point of view on the sacrifices. during this time when the whites arrived the maya civilization was on the decline. most of the major cities in the north where desserted. the growing aztec influence turned them more into human sacrifice for they where , like depicted in the movie, trying to save their culture. i personally dont know shit about mel gibson if hes a drunk or whatever the fuck but i thought the movie was on point, i didnt really like the scene with the white dudes when they got there with their cross i thought that could have definately been left out, but i guess it helps others in pin pointing the actula time that this movie was based on. for me i would have just put a fucking date at the begining of the movie and calledit a day.

• 5 weeks later...

hmm,lots of violence and detailed torture...giving birth,standing on a stone with water up to the neck,

and balancin´ with a child on your shoulders, was a bit over the top!the black panther was awful made,you could see on the close up it was fake!!!and the blood puring from his skull was like coming out of a horror movie!i think gibson overplayed too many parts!