Apocalypto

Gunm

SO has anyone seen this yet?

I hear there's Mayan breastesessses, gratuitous violence and anti-semitism throughout.

I wanted to go and see it tommorrow but is it worth it?

c'mon, i know some of you don't have jobs and smoke pot all day, clue me in.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres no anti-semitism, i saw this movie on a critics premier this last monday, its the same bullshit theyve been feeding everyone about the Maya, Mexika and many other great indigenous civilizations, the typical stereotypes of savagery, violence and human sacrifice, which is solely based on writing of early Spaniard invaders, who didnt uderstand nothin about Indigenous cultures and religion. All the actors in the movie are actually North American "Indians", Gibson could get any of the Maya descendants from the surrounding towns to take part of the film or support it in anyway. Instead they had to teach these sell-outs from up here the original language of the Maya, Yucateco Maya. Youll notice how slow their dialogues are while speaking the language. ... Anyways, if what you are lookin for is to pump your adrenaline, and thrill your self a lil bit ...go for it, ...the shit is overly violent, 90% of this movie is made up of grotesce killings scenes..........

But dont confuse this shit as being historically correct, dont expect to learn anything new about the Maya civilization, other than what you already know that they were blood-thirsty savages. that is certainly not the purpose of this film. .... not to mention Gibson's suggestion in the last scene of the film, of Christianity and the arrival of the Spaniards as what inevitably "Saved" Jaguar Paw the protagonist of the film...lol... i sincerely laughed at that. Gibson should just kill himself, first with his drunken anti-semitism, now with this

anyways, im just glad i didt pay a cent to watch that piece of shit. As a matter a fact amma go sacrifice me a white boy, and feed the beating heart to my chihuahua

theres no anti-semitism, i saw this movie on a critics premier this last monday, its the same bullshit theyve been feeding everyone about the Maya, Mexika and many other great indigenous civilizations, the typical stereotypes of savagery, violence and human sacrifice, which is solely based on writing of early Spaniard invaders, who didnt uderstand nothin about Indigenous cultures and religion. All the actors in the movie are actually North American "Indians", Gibson could get any of the Maya descendants from the surrounding towns to take part of the film or support it in anyway. Instead they had to teach these sell-outs from up here the original language of the Maya, Yucateco Maya. Youll notice how slow their dialogues are while speaking the language. ... Anyways, if what you are lookin for is to pump your adrenaline, and thrill your self a lil bit ...go for it, ...the shit is overly violent, 90% of this movie is made up of grotesce killings scenes..........

But dont confuse this shit as being historically correct, dont expect to learn anything new about the Maya civilization, other than what you already know that they were blood-thirsty savages. that is certainly not the purpose of this film. .... not to mention Gibson's suggestion in the last scene of the film, of Christianity and the arrival of the Spaniards as what inevitably "Saved" Jaguar Paw the protagonist of the film...lol... i sincerely laughed at that. Gibson should just kill himself, first with his drunken anti-semitism, now with this

anyways, im just glad i didt pay a cent to watch that piece of shit. As a matter a fact amma go sacrifice me a white boy, and feed the beating heart to my chihuahua

you just sold me 100% on this movie. Fuck yes.

Sounds like the perfect date movie.