Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D0WN

Going on a E U R O T R I P

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
it's all good have fun

though I agree with Drue_down about ibiza

but hugely disagree with him on Berlin.

Well, don't get me wrong, I stayed in Berlin for a few weeks and had a blast!

But had I not known a few people(locals) when I visited, I would have never seen the real Berlin. I know others who went there and were dissapointed.

What was wrong with Berlin? I loved it there, so much so that I wouldn't mind moving there one day. Munich too was great.

Maybe I just ran in to the right people...

London:

london is really, really expensive.

get used to paying a lot for everything.

don't be the stereotypical yank tourist who pays for paper tube tickets, either get a oyster card or bump it (put your hand over the sensor at the bottom of the barriers)

don't eat hotdogs off the street.

don't bother taking ID to bars/clubs, you won't need it.

enjoy legalised gambling.

bars shut much earlier(in general)there than in america, find out where stays open late so your night doesn't end at 11.

have fun

Copenhagen - Berlin - Prague - Barcelona - Amsterdam

Should cover it all.

I'm thinking about covering all of those listed except for Prague. I've heard that it's a really fun party city but it's kinda out of my way. Should I skip Berlin instead of Prague??

Also, does anyone happen to know where I can get some real absinthe??? :D

Paris or Dam for absinthe. Pretty much anywhere you go will have it, it's just a case of knowing WHERE to go in which city. Agree about Dam, once the shock of legalised drugs and hookers wears off, it's not as amazing as its cracked up to be - very expensive in alot of areas. Don't make eye contact with the turks/somalians/serbians. They WILL try to offer you 'coca coca' or beg half a euro off you. or ten. Couple sick graff shops up there though, worth checking out for supplies merely. Flevopark is a sick little legal wall too, painted it but a bit of a mission to get there by tram and back. Nice big walls though, no hassle, quiet. London - Depends what you're into. Good for certain things, but for a tourist fucking expensive too. I'd definitely hit Prague, proper good party city, even better if you have connections.

HAHAHA!

Dude..you broke your ankle the first night we were there. Tesco was pretty sweet though. So, we were kind of without a guide....

Remember when we tried to light shots of Sambuca on fire whist trying to drink them in Naples?

And daytime backjumps?

Hint: I was wearing orange flip flops.

hahahahahahahah, love ya

London:

don't bother taking ID to bars/clubs, you won't need it.

hahahahahaha, yeah right.

copenhagen is sick, just try to avoid places which charge a 5er a pint

I went eurotrippin a couple of years ago. on more than one occasion I met some american kids who had the canadian flag on their bacpacks just in case..