A New, Conservative Daily Show

Weapon X

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/11/21/conservative-daily-show-coming-soon/

Conservative Daily Show coming soon

By: John Amato on Tuesday, November 21st, 2006 at 5:59 PM - PST

I just can't wait to see what will probably be the funniest show on TV.

Now Fox News Channel, a primary source of material for Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, is teaming with the exec producer of "24" to try its hand at a news satire show for conservatives to love. Joel Surnow, co-creator of "24," is shooting two half-hour pilots of a skein he described as " 'The Daily Show' for conservatives," due to air in primetime on Saturdays in January

Just think about all the situations where Brown people can be made fun of. And as for "24," I'd say Laura Ingraham in the clip below really nails it with this bit of comedy.

audition

What did you think of her audition piece? Oh wait–she's being serious. My bad. I'm sure Alberto Gonzales was checking the Nielsen ratings on "24" before he rendered his decision on torture.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Great idea, but I hope people don't expect this to be genuine.

This isn't going to be like The Daily Show as The Daily Show doesn't hold back (well, it does... but only to a point). As far as worldly issues are concerned, people usually say what they're thinking and talk about how they really feel. Simple.

This is going to be more like some sort of sarcastic Leno with an extra helping of politics where true feelings are heavily camoflaged, edited and sanitized. Contrived.

Neo-Cons keep their sense of humor heavily guarded from the public eye because humor is telling and you can't exactly convince people to shelf you on the moral high-ground when they know you're just as prone to being human (see: shitty) as the rest of us.

This will be a bunch of bullshit.