sorry, graffiti topic

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I hadn't seen any of the Rime influenced Sigh stuff... wow.

It's funny, he has a nice sense of composition, and I often enjoy seeing his pieces. But he bites shit so blatantly, I can't really like him as a writer, or have any serious appreciation for his body of work. I read an interview where he said outright that he just bites whatever trendy style is hot at the moment, which I just can't understand. With the amount of work dude puts into the physical act of painting graffiti, I just don't see why he can't develop his own style.

I'm not trying to single dude out, though-- I could easily see this basically turnng into a Sigh thread, while the biting trend actually reaches far and wide in the community.

calm down there guy. i didn't mean verses per say, but bars or whatever. biting lines period.

however, 50 cent spit nearly an entire tupac verse on that hail mary remix, changing a few bars and words here and there

snoop dogg spit "lodi dodi," which was almost the entire song of slick rick, with a few words change to fit with the times and his persona... but that was more of an homage and not a bite in my opinion. same with def squad re-doing "rapper's delight."

ja rule did that song "pain" and spit nearly an entire tupac verse, just changing a few words and bars.

there i said "nearly."

Homage. Exactly. What I was trying to say is that you must have not realized that Jay-Z spit a couple of Biggie lines until someone pointed this out to you. Which would mean that you're a west coast ignoramus that barely knows Biggie's work.

I read an interview where he said outright that he just bites whatever trendy style is hot at the moment, which I just can't understand.

That's what I was saying earlier. So many people do this. So is it really a crime when a majority of the graffiti writing population thinks it's all good?

Innovators are few and far between... It's all in the numbers... It is the way of the world.. It is the very few who set the standards and the rest just try to live up to it and usually just fails as a mediocre imitation...

Innovators are few and far between... It's all in the numbers... It is the way of the world.. It is the very few who set the standards and the rest just try to live up to it and usually just fails as a mediocre imitation...

Like my post.. I wanted to live up to a high standard of posting and do it with some intelligence.. But I failed miserably.. My own response disgust me..

what? graffiti is overdone?

I think when writers start biting each other they should just forget about graffiti for a while.

Go look at insects and deep sea fish and bite connections and blamtallica from them, instead of some already recognized writers form your area

I don't really care what peeps do, It's just the quitter attitude that kills the mood for everything. feds me up

Graffiti everywhere has taken a radical turn for the worse. I no longer enjoy looking at other peoples shit because it all fucking sucks minus a select few. This DIDNT used to be the case.

Im basicly waiting for all the shitcunts to get busted or move on to the next trend (stenciling/street art cleared up quite a few of them), leaving the dedicated writers who actually love letter manipulation to do thier thing.

I would be quite happy to continue painting long after everyone else is saying 'Yo that shit was cool 5 years ago now its just lame' because I have heart for the artform.

In the days of yesteryear, the way most people learned or bit from other writers, was from spending time with those writers, and quietly stealing their techniques. Nowadays, that can be done on the internet as well. I don't think people are biting with less shame nowadays, it's just that they're biting from a couple of styles on the net, and not from their buddies.