XBOX, PS2 or GAMECUBE???

NOWEone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well, my aunt has all three but she doesnt play them. she said she didnt like xbox though. oh a sidenote for those that might care, xbox is made in mexico while ps2 and gamecube are made in japan-better quality. i would think ps2 would still be better than xbox and gamecube.

My vote goes for gamecube. Nintendo has a good history (aside from n64) of putting out really good systems.

A little Nintendo history:

Did you know that the Nintendo guy, whatever his name is, started out by making playing cards and board games? Mario didn't enter the scene until the early 80s.

i've played all and i have to say that Xbox is the raddest of the rad.

the controller is really weird and sucks at first but when you get used to it it's totally the best thing ever. Xbox has a 10 gig hard drive for you to save your games on OR you can get a memory card and take your saved games with you.

the 10 gig hard drive also allows you to copy music onto your xbox and make soundtracks for games taht usually have crappy soundtracks like Tony Hawk.

Game Cube is making all their games on mini CDs which is strange to me because they could have made their games all sorts of better by putting out more information on full size CDs. And after playing Game Cube, it feels and looks exactly like N64, which sucked. a lot.

Xbox also has LAN card so you can hook it up to your DSL and play on a network. I know this sounds like a big Xbox ad, but after playing it for 8 hours after thanksgiving, it seriously is the most fun thing ever.

so yeah that's my opinion after playing all 3.

Originally posted by Comp

the controller is really weird and sucks at first but when you get used to it it's totally the best thing ever. Xbox has a 10 gig hard drive for you to save your games on OR you can get a memory card and take your saved games with you.

the 10 gig hard drive also allows you to copy music onto your xbox and make soundtracks for games taht usually have crappy soundtracks like Tony Hawk.

Game Cube is making all their games on mini CDs which is strange to me because they could have made their games all sorts of better by putting out more information on full size CDs. And after playing Game Cube, it feels and looks exactly like N64, which sucked. a lot.

Xbox also has LAN card so you can hook it up to your DSL and play on a network. I know this sounds like a big Xbox ad, but after playing it for 8 hours after thanksgiving, it seriously is the most fun thing ever.

thanks, I guess I'm getting an XBox for my birthday. Soley based on your opinion..

I'm a loyal Sony Playstation freak....so first system I'm going to be picking up is the PS2...it's got hella games out already...not to mention gran turismo 2000 and grand theft auto 3 (WEEEE!!!) but it's fucking cool.

xbox will probably be the last thing i get because 1. it's alotta money 2. i'd be happier with a ps2 and 3. ITS MICROSOFT EVILLL

workin on gettin a nintendo gamecube soon...gotta get my mario and luigi fix..

xbox or ps2 for me....gamecube is pretty inovative though...those 3 inch CDs can hold 3 gigs of data...alot more than your conventional CD......i hate the game cube controller....depends on what games are released...PS2 is a very nice system, and has signed alot of developers, xbox has also signed pretty much all major developers also...game developers have already stated that they love working with the xbox since it is such a powerhouse...so right now im leaning towards xbox, but ps2 has some favorite game series that i enjoy, mainly final fantasy and gran turismo....im going to wait a year or so and see where the prices for these end up going...right now PS2 and xbox are retailing for 299 and the gamecube is retailing for 199, all a bit too steep for me right now....also microsoft and nintendo arent making shit for profits on these systems...in fact they are losing money, they plan to make that lost money up from the games released....both are mega corporations though (microsoft is a mega-mega corporation) so they can pretty much afford a temporary loss of profit.....bottom line...xbox or ps2 for me...i dont feel the gamecube at all...nintendo lost me at the 64.....look for sonic games coming out for xbox, microsoft and sega have a deal where sega makes games for the xbox and steps out of the hardware buisness....which sucks because i though the dreamcast was an excellent system...i still think its an excellent system...

I'd have to say ps2. Look at the games: Final Fantasy X, Gran Turismo 2000, Twisted Metal Black, Metal Gear Solid 2, Tekken 4 (not for a while though),and then of course square will come out with plenty more awesome games.....while the only Xbox games i would buy that i've seen so far are Munch and Halo......maybe Jet Grind Radio 2...although if square goes over to Xbox i may have to buy it, for now PS2 looks to be by far the best choice out there....and Gamecube, well, there's just nothing good about that thing.......

Originally posted by Comp

you should be a salesman. you convinced me

comedy central, sunday nights at 11 is always enlightening for me, i read an article not long ago calling the critic one of the smartest shows ever on tv, as well as probably the smartest cartoon (i think it was up there with the simpsons and poooooooosibly family guy, but as much as i love family guy its not really as smart as the simpsons and the critic...)it runs pretty high on the shermometer...

sorry, dont want to deviate from the thread too much...im getting PS2 for xmas just cause my friend got it and loves it. i want dave mirra 2.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

comedy central, sunday nights at 11 is always enlightening for me, i read an article not long ago calling the critic one of the smartest shows ever on tv, as well as probably the smartest cartoon (i think it was up there with the simpsons and poooooooosibly family guy, but as much as i love family guy its not really as smart as the simpsons and the critic...)it runs pretty high on the shermometer...

Every time i watch it i understand a joke or two on a different level...like when Timothy Leary brought kool-aide for Jay's kindergarten class...even though i had seen the episode a few times before, i finally got the joke because i had read about Timothy Leary(or is it O'Leary, i cant remember)....it's amazing how it's funny on so many different levels.....and I've always wondered why The Critic was taken from it's after Simpsons Timeslot. Too smart for americans, maybe? I always thought it was far better than malcolm in the middle, or futurama.......

whoa whoa whoa...lets not jump all over futurama...that shows really good. no, its not a "critic" but bender is so fucking awesome that it amazes me at times...fox needs to get its fucking act together.

its okay though, cause when i take over the world (mock me now puny humans, your day will come...fuckers) this is what the time slot will look like every night...

7pm-8pm- futurama (the appetizer...)

8pm-10pm- the simpsons (each new episode is 2 hours...)

10pm-12am- family guy (i fucking love this show, its like what goes on up in my head...)

12am-2am-the critic (like a fine liquor it rounds out the evening with me sitting in my armchair in a robe and highball of scotch...takes the edge off, ironic i suppose seeing as how im sXe and all..haha)

someday.....

i really liked when Jay's parents were going on vacation and the plane ride is all bumpy so Jay's dad goes and tries to talk to the pilot and says:

"hey, he's a penguin! and he's been drinkin!"

penguin: quack quack quack

jay's dad: wait a second, PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!

then the plane immediately spirals down to the ground. and i laugh a lot.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

whoa whoa whoa...lets not jump all over futurama...that shows really good. no, its not a "critic" but bender is so fucking awesome that it amazes me at times...fox needs to get its fucking act together.

its okay though, cause when i take over the world (mock me now puny humans, your day will come...fuckers) this is what the time slot will look like every night...

7pm-8pm- futurama (the appetizer...)

8pm-10pm- the simpsons (each new episode is 2 hours...)

10pm-12am- family guy (i fucking love this show, its like what goes on up in my head...)

12am-2am-the critic (like a fine liquor it rounds out the evening with me sitting in my armchair in a robe and highball of scotch...takes the edge off, ironic i suppose seeing as how im sXe and all..haha)

someday.....

Haha, that is quite an excellent line-up you have there....yeah i must admit Futurama is pretty good...but i despise Malcolm in the Middle with a passion.....

Archived