Ok is this kinda sketchy?

Some1

Alright I am selling the SV650 this dude wrote me and I feel alittle uneasy about the whole thing for some reason...

Here are the list of email...

His email...

Hello good day,

I was going through the classified ads and i came across your advert for the sale of your 2000 Suzuki SV650 Low Miles MINT!!! - $4000 - $4000 which am interested in buying. I want to know if it's still available and if it's still in good condition. Do get back to me with details and present condition also with the least price you are willing to sell. As for the shipping aspect, i have a reputable shipper who handles my goods so i will make arrangement on how it will be pickup from your location. Am located in NEW YORK. Get back to me asap. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

mike

My Email...

Hey Mike!

The bike is still available like I said it is mint. I took it for a ride last sunday so there is about 100 miles over the speedo picture I posted. As for the price I want $4000 but feel free to make me an offer.

His email...

Thanks for the prompt response, As regards to my purchase, the price is fine with me. I would take your word if you assure me it's in good condition. I will like to let you understand that i will be paying you with certified personal check. As for the shipping aspect like i told you in my previous mail, i have my shipper who is coming for the pickup in your location. So i will want you to get back to me with your contact information including your phone number to send payment to. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon

Regards,

mike

My Email...

Is there anyway that you could make it a cashiers check? I appologize, if I get a personal check I am going to have to wait till it clears before I release the bike to anyone.

I get an odd feeling about this...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I will like to let you understand"

makes me nervous, simply because there are SO MANY scam artists in foreign countries who operate using the internet

i might say CASH ONLY and be firm on it

that is not unreasonable., especially if they 'have' the money in an account anyway

cashiers check and money orders can both be scammed. I would only accept cash payment from the person in question. if you've got a bad feeling about it, there's probably something wrong.

edit: or accept only USPS money orders. I think there's a $1000 limit per m/o, and they have all kinds of security features built in. almost impossible to counterfeit. you can also cash them at any post office, without requiring a bank account.

https://www.dcu.org/streetwise/march2005.html

^ Example.

Seems like the same deal, except he's going to have your bike by the time its discovered to be fake, then your out some cash.

This why ebay sucks ass...

I only do paypal or money order, and if its money order I have a waiting period for items over $200.00. No ones going to catch heat trying to get something worth $200.00. They usually go for anything around 500.00 and up.

btw, these things made red flags pop up:

As for the shipping aspect, i have a reputable shipper who handles my goods

I would take your word if you assure me it's in good condition.

who takes someone's word on the condition of something? especially when it's a $4000 purchase? they also didn't try to make you budge on the price. there's definitely something wrong with the whole deal.

one of my roomates got drunk in his shop and started holding bullets with plyers and hitting the back with a hammer and shooting them around the shop. They went through the wall in his shop and went into my other roomates shop and ricocheted everywhere and broke a bunch of his lights...

They came home and had a screaming match at each other at 2am...this happened 2 nights ago...