skateboard graphics

Graf Orlok

Just wanted to start a thread about some of the killer (or some of the lame) skateboard graphic out nowadays and from the past.

Giant one has a new series out from Think - and should be doing more in the fututre. Classic Giant skulls so you know it's "hella tight".

I heard Phil Frost is doind a Tony Cox graphic for Supernaut. Haven't seen it yet but how could it be bad?

Jim Phillips is doing art of Santa Cruz again. He did all the classic images from the 80s (Screaming Hand, Roskopp, etc.)

Best graphics of the year:

Aesthetics "Arcade" series. All black 'dipped' boards with arcade game banners like Asteroids and Centipede! Oh hell yes!

Consolidated's disected dove graphic for Clint Peterson is gnarly. A couple of parents complained about that one being in my shop. I also liked the mini board with the infant skeleton on it. The yellow Rental board is really popular as well.

Powell released some unused VCJ graphics this year. I wish that guy still did board for them.

And as always - Alien Workshop's stuff by Don Pendleton. Check out all his art at www.elephont.com

What graphics do YOU dig? What was your 1st board?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

Haha, you forgot pusheads metallica boards for zorlac, very dope.

My first board was Guerero i think, i dont remember the company.

It had jesus painted all over, i loved it.

my first board was a matt hensley, where i think it's a drawing of matt hensley like sitting in a church or something. my favorite graphic of all time is a recent board from anti-hero that has a guy in a santa clause suit sitting on the toilet with an empty bottle of booze holding a gun to his head.

Originally posted by stentoria

chocolate skateboards. the current series out right now. i forgot what illustrators doing it. sad part is hes one of my favorite illustrators. god i have a strange memory...

Evan Hecox does the Chocolate graphics.....his shit kicks ass.

patrickjilbert, i saw your interview on conform.tv the other day...sweet. nice shit.

• 8 months later...
Guest trampled
Originally posted by taper

plus all the old powells were the best all 80s and metal looking with skulls and snakes

yeah.. zorlac... the melting faces by pushead

Archived