are we real? holographic reality thread

lord_casek

using science fiction as truth is like scientologists viewing L. Ron Hubbard books as The Bible.

quantum mechanics is real. i.e.: what the crooked and i were talking about via quantum computing. so, i ask you again: tell me what you are speaking of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_computer

http://www.cs.caltech.edu/~westside/quantum-intro.html

http://www.newscientisttech.com/article.ns?id=dn10664&feedId=online-news_rss20

http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/7421/52/

http://www.techworld.com/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=7391

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quantum mechanics is real. i.e.: what the crooked and i were talking about via quantum computing. so, i ask you again: tell me what you are speaking of.

what do you mean "i ask you again." this is the first time you asked me this. you asked me a different question, asking me "what is not science" -- which an example (your statement claiming to be science) was given.

nah, I'm just playing, I did'nt even read the article.

ok, I read a few lines..is this supposed to be serious?

Are you presenting this as an actual argument or just something to pass the time and gawk at?

well, i read about this theory of holographic reality some years ago. wish i could find that original article. it's neat to look back on such things and see where science proved it right and wrong.

i don't really look at it as "the matrix", although it has been called such in recent years (since the movies came out, it has become a popular slogan).

but i do look at it in seriousness. i would think anyone who believes in a higher power should

atleast contemplate it.

anyhow, since most of our threads were closed, i thought this would add something different to crossfire for a little while. get our minds off of the craziness happening all around us via king george and his minions.

I'm going to have to come back to this one, but for now, the recommended reading assignment is:

0472065211.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V37451636_.jpg

And the essay question is:

"Do androids dream of electric sheep?"

HOW FUCKED UP IS IT THAT OUT OF ALL THE IMAGES ON AMAZON.COM, THIS ONE IS THE ONE THAT BECAME DISTORTED OVERNIGHT???

Unless it's just my computer...

• 2 weeks later...

im not a philosophy major or physics major or anything like that, but ive done a great deal of thinking in these past few years about all this "are we real" shit and what not. ive watched the what the bleep documentaries, and i agreee with some of the thinkers and i dont with others. i personally think that we are real, but there always is the possibility in my mind that this is all just a simulation being done by higher beings, like stated in earlier posts.

I was excited to watch that ' documentar' when it first came out. Then RAMTHA showed up.

It totally ruined the ideas presented. I used to work for this guy that was a member of that

RAMTHA cult. Dude was a fucking nut case. He drank non-stop and popped vikes all day long. Then he would go for 2 weeks every 6months to the madatory brain washing sessions and not have one detox symptom.

I was excited to watch that ' documentar' when it first came out. Then RAMTHA showed up.

It totally ruined the ideas presented. I used to work for this guy that was a member of that

RAMTHA cult. Dude was a fucking nut case. He drank non-stop and popped vikes all day long. Then he would go for 2 weeks every 6months to the madatory brain washing sessions and not have one detox symptom.

i thought i recognized that one bitch. i still think there is validity, as someone said, to some of the thinkers on "what the bleep", but i would be highly suspicious of anything that comes

out of a cult leaders mouth.

anyhow, there is plenty of research into quantum theory. it's actually a pretty neat subject.

what with quantum computing, it's going even further than anything we could hope for.

i remember one person bringing up a theory about comparing us to ants in an antfarm... ants, although formidable creatures that despite their impressive organization, and methodical precision in building their empire and establishing their foothold and dominance, mastering their civilization of winding tunnels, food gathering, and mating -- they are completely oblivious to the more grandiose picture that exists outside of their own universe -- the plastic antfarm -- oblivious to not only what exists beyond their realm but also the external manipulating forces controlling their own world events (that 12 year old kid being the absolute controller of their destiny)... in essence, despite the seemingly unlimited vastness of human imagination, comprehension, ingenuity, in what could be a blinded arrogance; we may already be limited and unable to think outside of our own "antfarm" realm and comprehend the much larger picture and its forces

If you think about it, there is a space between even the smallest of particles, right? Does anything ever actually touch?

I consider the possibility that black holes are possibily the result of a civilization replicating the conditions at the beginning of the universe. That's what they're trying to do in these super-collider tunnels. What if they succeed and create a black hole? We wouldn't even know it happened, it would happen so quickly.

Movies are great for stimulating these concepts. I can't really go into anything without spoiling it, but "Stay", which just came out last year, deals with this sort of subject. How do we know what we are living is reality? What if we died, and this is reality is just a collection of dreams unable to let go? A thousand years could be a matter of minutes in whatever reality is.