ORIGINAL WRITERS

JambaJuice

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scar and elk definetly original - not much to my liking, but i cant take the originality factor away. like someone already said the giant throw ups are not necessarily original. a novelty maybe, probably the largest to date, but giant throw ups are as old as cap on the 2s and 5s. i think the artists would agree.

that 3d piece and the skull with wings? whats original about that?

no dis to the artist but

3d pieces - not original

icon graff - not original

here go some writers i think have done some pretty original things with letters and still managed to maintain legibility. proving that you dont have to make unreadable letters and disguse your graff with euro paint and custom cap tricks to be original.

sentopieceshack.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

i feel what your saying, and i'm feeling the sento, but i saw read more is original. i say he's really the one who pushed that pretty far. fonts, characters, and wildstyle. the dude is up, everywhere i've travelled.

dope flicks and hot shit.....but they all break the thread by not being original....nothing in graff is original anymore its all regurgitated...although many innovators have come around, no molds have been broken since the original train movement in new york....i am NOT downplaying any heads who have been represented on this thread just stating MY opinion as to the theme

so your saying every painting that uses paint on a canvas isn't original? i'm not trying to say, dude, you gotta use the can in a whole new way, like upside down backwards clearcoat tags. i'm just trying to get a good thread of writers who dont do the traditional block letter or wildstyle. or just flair out in some aspect. there is an originator, and then biters follow that. a lot of writers knowingly bite someones style. they break off of someone else. Think of it this way. I want pictures of the shit that other people bite.

booker is the shit, and sento is legendary. bump for those two cats.

I've always loved NACE's stuff and thought his style was very original and off the wall.

(btw all these flicks are stolen off his RIP thread.)

02_2004bv_nace.jpg

nace26jv.jpg

nace4gc.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

27.jpg

Nace-2.jpg

101010.jpg

thanks to the people who supplied the flicks

respect to KING NACE, definate originator of style.

Rest In Power

so your saying every painting that uses paint on a canvas isn't original? i'm not trying to say, dude, you gotta use the can in a whole new way, like upside down backwards clearcoat tags. i'm just trying to get a good thread of writers who dont do the traditional block letter or wildstyle. or just flair out in some aspect. there is an originator, and then biters follow that. a lot of writers knowingly bite someones style. they break off of someone else. Think of it this way. I want pictures of the shit that other people bite.

oh, i smell ya

but i saw read more is original. i say he's really the one who

pushed that pretty far. fonts, characters, and wildstyle. the dude is up, everywhere i've travelled.

this is not too coherent. who is the one who pushed it pretty far? if he (whoever you are talking about)

was not writing in 1983 then he does not predate sent - and cannot be that 'original'. font letters are

not original because they have no soul. and what you kids call wild style today is not really wild style.

Take notes:

viewss.jpg

this is traditional wild style. Although this piece is recent it still employs all of the traditional wild style elements.

The arrows and style are coming off the front and back of the piece. back when wild style was being created pieces

were drawn to give an armed appearance. Real fresh pieces, or burners, were at battle with all the other pieces on the line.

So the defense – the arrows and other style elements, were meant to protect the heart of the piece – the letters.

So the letters were still legible, but armed for war none the less. This flik is stolen from the FC thread because

FC, TC5, FBA and that family of crews are the ones that really perfected wild style and made it standard. So don’t

let the term fool you, wild style does not mean unreadable. it has a very specific meaning – a true wild style piece

should be readable to other writers. just because a piece is unreadable doesn’t make it wild style.

like vulcan - i think his pieces are truly original and way ahead of his time even when he was doing them on the subway

back in the 80s, but i dont think even he would call it wild style.

and i agree onorock's letters are pretty original and unique.