ORIGINAL WRITERS

JambaJuice

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ and you (orig poster) put up an Amaze picture, no dis to the guy but come on, that's a stretch to call "mold breaking" or original, I doubt Amaze would claim that he's operating far outside the bounds of preexisting styles. Talking about the mannequin maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too up on what they're doing but I thought the animatronics was a Barry McGee thing. Anyway. Props to that big throw up, it's dope regardless.

Bump MooseKnuckle's reply to the other copy of this thread (Sento).

scar and elk definetly original - not much to my liking, but i cant take the originality factor away. like someone already said the giant throw ups are not necessarily original. a novelty maybe, probably the largest to date, but giant throw ups are as old as cap on the 2s and 5s. i think the artists would agree.

that 3d piece and the skull with wings? whats original about that?

no dis to the artist but

3d pieces - not original

icon graff - not original

here go some writers i think have done some pretty original things with letters and still managed to maintain legibility. proving that you dont have to make unreadable letters and disguse your graff with euro paint and custom cap tricks to be original.

sentopieceshack.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

Allright, here's one for the assembly. Kept KIL. I'm not sure if you'd say he's achieved 100% new stuff, everything has a root (maybe even an ideal form if you want to get Platonic) and the thematic concerns as well as the asthetic choices can be linked to predating art or design or (other cultural substrate) etc. But break it down however you may, dude's commited to keeping on trying, at the risk of comitting graphic and symbolic failures in the publice eye, to make something genuinely new.

arf.jpg

arp.jpg

arj.jpg

aqy.jpg

asp.jpg

^Bump for that last one, shit is proper, just found it myself while looking for examples.

dope flicks and hot shit.....but they all break the thread by not being original....nothing in graff is original anymore its all regurgitated...although many innovators have come around, no molds have been broken since the original train movement in new york....i am NOT downplaying any heads who have been represented on this thread just stating MY opinion as to the theme

yo tier...haha where is your original stuff.... have you been borrowing kerse's book lately....or using other people's peices as your fills.you tell me where the originality is ..you've done it multiple times..with MFK peices....you never know when to stop do you..... "jealous ones envy"-Codak

this thread will be on the back burner tomorrow anyway... paser.MFK..LAWS