Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soupBDC

Baggage thread.

For my day to day backpack I've got this raggedy old thing I got for free in the 2000 Olympics. Somehow it's still serving me. Just plain black but I need something new in that department.

When I'm shooting though I picked up this Ari x Incase bag, it's dope. Fits a lot and it doesn't look like a standard camera bag.

incase1.jpg

Incase-Ari-Marcopoulos-Camera-Bag-5-585x394.jpg

5440266531_071c890877_z.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^^how much? @mercer

i got a shitty supreme pack...my job gave me a couple so i'm prolly gonna resell the other one and get an official pack.

Freebies from my job:

2 chrome

2 timbuk2

I bought a couple of hotshot packs from Northface, the old one was official the new made in china is wack.

Acronym 3a-5TS

6208434D.jpg

Cost me a bundle five years ago, but what with it being made by Bagjack and being generally bombproof I can see it lasting me a lot longer. Haven't had to buy another general bag since then and I probably use it every single day. Spend a bit more than you usually would, buy a good bag and you won't waste money having to replace shit that breaks. Unless you're the type that just likes buying new shit all the time, in which case whatever

yo i need a backpack to haul around a laptop + other shit, preferably one that doesn't look like shit. north face bags ok?

north face is aight. I've had about 3 or for tnf packs. they do the job but will wear down after a few years. the older ones from the 90's were dope and a lot stronger. I'm looking into T.A.D. packs. They are in the $300 range but they are totally fucking durable and very utilitarian. Also, they are made in the USA.

TAD Fast Pack EDC

scaled.php?server=98&filename=imag0240i.jpg&res=medium

TAD Fast Pack Litespeed

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=11250046

http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/Equipment/Bags-And-Packs

Copped a wallet from them, it's dope. It's good to know that I will never spend money on another wallet. The back packs look corny but the duffle and the water bag is dope.

the belt with the 100 yr warranty is on my list...im due for another wallet soon too . . .

all the shoulder/messenger bags are really nice, the backpacks are pretty fucking lame i agree.

I would spend 700 on the duffel but how often I want wheels on my luggage make me think twice.

belt is dope, if you get one use loctite on the screws which hold the buckle onto the belt, as one of mine walked out on me whilst on mass transit.

emailed saddleback about it and they're sending me out a set of screws free of charge though

the belt with the 100 yr warranty is on my list...im due for another wallet soon too . . .

all the shoulder/messenger bags are really nice, the backpacks are pretty fucking lame i agree.

I would spend 700 on the duffel but how often I want wheels on my luggage make me think twice.

I agree, can't live without wheels. I need a carry on with a set of 4 wheels, fuck luggage is expensive.

international airports are too fucking big to do it otherwise...and some are good with free carts, in AZ you have to get one out of a rack and pay for it. Fuck that.

I have a pretty nice little carry on - i think it's a Samsonite, 4 wheel roller...really long warranty which surprised me.

Above osprey got jacked and now I am in the market for a smaller replacement for carry on use and short trips. Will prob cop a replacement of my stolen osprey bag on eBay at some point (discontinued)  

been looking at the Tom Bihn Aeronaut as my replacement but goddamn the price is steep. Looks like it could do everything I need though and every review I have come across is positive. Lifetime warranty and one review I came across said their bag tore while abroad and the company overnighted him a replacement. 

C4983DCB-4AD0-4BD2-87D0-562E31689DB2.jpeg

16A85161-5001-4786-9084-3C2DB8009B52.jpeg

A6D845C0-4A61-4E1D-BC57-EE75BBE12603.jpeg

5B1B6914-DEE8-4ECC-BEED-64C4E9F0D842.jpeg

For airplane luggage sizes this is my personal item

https://shop.hartmann.com/business/backpacks/hartmann-metropolitan-2-executive-backpack/1112582016.html

Which fits nicely on my carry on 

https://shop.hartmann.com/travel/carry-ons/hartmann-century-hardside-carry-on-expandable-spinner/91410XXXX.html?dwvar_91410XXXX_color=914106436

Have not had them for long so I can not speak to them in depth but they are working well so far.