Baggage thread.

soupBDC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Got the "build a bag" bag from timbuk2 today. I'm a little dissappointed. I dunno if it's because I tweaked my back at work today but messenger bags are the most improperly situated bags in the world for bicycle commuting. The fact you can roll it over and put stuff in it without taking the bag off your shoulder seems like a complete gimick in comparison to the ease and shoulder weight distribution of a normal backpack.

If you've got a messenger bag and love it for riding, please put your two-cents-worth in. Maybe i've got it cinched up wrong as well.

Chromebags are good messenger bags alot of $$ though.

• 1 month later...

So ive gone through a few bags since I started this thread

-timbuk 2. Light, entry level, and not the greatest quality in buckles and stitching.

-Chrome: good bag, seat belt buckle weirdness.

-Pac: $310 for the greatest most unbeatable lifetime bag ever. The bag itself is bomb proof and therefore heavy as fuck.

-Säg: only chance youll get one is if you go to Japan. Only bag ive ever tried that doesnt need the secondary strap because it just hugs your back without it. So dreamy.

-baily works: nice bag but limited colors and Ive never seen anyone use one while riding a bicycle.

-Zo: like em if you can find em.

So ive gone through a few bags since I started this thread

-timbuk 2. Light, entry level, and not the greatest quality in buckles and stitching.

-Chrome: good bag, seat belt buckle weirdness.

-Pac: $310 for the greatest most unbeatable lifetime bag ever. The bag itself is bomb proof and therefore heavy as fuck.

-Säg: only chance youll get one is if you go to Japan. Only bag ive ever tried that doesnt need the secondary strap because it just hugs your back without it. So dreamy.

-baily works: nice bag but limited colors and Ive never seen anyone use one while riding a bicycle.

-Zo: like em if you can find em.

You can get the Säg from a place in Maryland.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

For my day to day backpack I've got this raggedy old thing I got for free in the 2000 Olympics. Somehow it's still serving me. Just plain black but I need something new in that department.

When I'm shooting though I picked up this Ari x Incase bag, it's dope. Fits a lot and it doesn't look like a standard camera bag.

incase1.jpg

Incase-Ari-Marcopoulos-Camera-Bag-5-585x394.jpg

5440266531_071c890877_z.jpg

^^how much? @mercer

i got a shitty supreme pack...my job gave me a couple so i'm prolly gonna resell the other one and get an official pack.

Freebies from my job:

2 chrome

2 timbuk2

I bought a couple of hotshot packs from Northface, the old one was official the new made in china is wack.

• 2 weeks later...

Acronym 3a-5TS

6208434D.jpg

Cost me a bundle five years ago, but what with it being made by Bagjack and being generally bombproof I can see it lasting me a lot longer. Haven't had to buy another general bag since then and I probably use it every single day. Spend a bit more than you usually would, buy a good bag and you won't waste money having to replace shit that breaks. Unless you're the type that just likes buying new shit all the time, in which case whatever

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

north face is aight. I've had about 3 or for tnf packs. they do the job but will wear down after a few years. the older ones from the 90's were dope and a lot stronger. I'm looking into T.A.D. packs. They are in the $300 range but they are totally fucking durable and very utilitarian. Also, they are made in the USA.

TAD Fast Pack EDC

scaled.php?server=98&filename=imag0240i.jpg&res=medium

TAD Fast Pack Litespeed

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=11250046

http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/Equipment/Bags-And-Packs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...