seeking and the great laptop caper

seeking

so ive decided that i need to buy a laptop, cause, well, i never use the one i one i have, so i think i need to buy another.

im looking at either an ibook, or a g4. now, i know the g4 is the obvious choice, since the thing is baller as fuck. but its a difference of about 700 bucks or so, and to be quite honest, thats alot of money to be spending on something i dont need anyway (on top of the 1500 im already going to be spending)...

so my reason for posting this is to ask if anyone knows anyplaces running deals right now... or if anyone has one they'd like to part with. hook a brother up...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you are a student (if you're not make a fake college id and send it to them they don't check) you can get a computer loan from mac and pay it monthly with very low interest and i don't think there's even a credit check. or if you know someone who's a teacher or professor, have them buy it for you from the mac website and they get like 25% educator's discount.

yeah, my sis has a non-profit organization, so i checked for that shit, but its not much savings... thanks though... they are selling the ibook, with the dvd/cd-r, 600mhz, 384meg ram, 20gig, blah blah, for 1599 brand new. cant get much better deal than that i dont think...

Guest imported_Tesseract

Man, it doesnt make sense.

What in the world is there in a laptop that can be amusing to you?

You practicly dont even have a screen, not to mention that stupid 'mouse' control.

I aint helpin i know, but buy a superzoom lens and contribute to the hot girls thread,

unless you already own one:beat:

well, after careful consideration and an hour of playing around up at compUSA, ive decided to go with the ibook. while asteticly i kind of like the G4 better; bigger screen, pulsing apple, TITANIUM... ive decided that being the rugged carefree sort of fella that i am, i would most definitely break a g4 within a month. the titanium is very, very thin. so much so that you can actually flex the book eaisly with your hands. thats not a good thing for me. the ibook is much more rugged, as well as more easily concealable. plus its 700 less.

i will indeed let you know how it goes bro. but can bankruptcy help you out? i might think the governemnt would be beyond playing that game...

Guest BilboBaggins

seeking..ive been planning the exact same purchase as you for a few months now.....

did you get the ibook with cdr/dvd??

thats the big drawing point for me right now.....but then again, the titanium is so damn coool!!!

hows the ibook holding up, is it fast...?

i'll actually be ordering it tomorrow morning, so as of yet, i dont have it. but from what ive heard, they are pretty dope. i mean, its a mac product so it'll be mac quality. which is either good or bad depending on your position.

dvd/cd-r is really what sold me as well. for some reason, i really like having them both in one convenient little drive. i dont know how fast the burner is, but im sure its probably nothing spectacular. why? well, cause that would be too good to be true.

if your looking to get one, now is a good time. macwarehouse.com has the dvd/cd-r, 20gig, 600mhz, with 128ram for $1699, - a $100 rebate, so its $1599, BUT it also comes with a free 256ram upgrade, and a free color printer. sounds like a winner to me.... ding, ding, i'll take one...

ah... the thing with apple, is that since they didnt sell their rights, they control all the pricing on their products. its very rare that you come across one company that has a much better deal than another. id be more than happy to take advantage of any deal you can find though.

Archived