MONTANA PAINT PRICECUT

Montana Paint USA

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest L.RonHubbard

montana is great paint. needs to be cheaper. wjho cares about the pro sponsors. the colors are ill...the shit never drips. ever.

here's some more on the contoversy:

We Vandals asking Montana,Spain about the faked cans..

Wv?: Why do the fakeds smell like gasoline, that can't be good, right?

M: I don't know exactly. The faked cans are made in Dupli factory (where L&G are making them "aerosol art colors") so probably they make with the same quality and gases.

Wv?: On http://www.montana-cans.de/ I found a info page with the big text "No Faked Cans".

http://www.montana-cans.de/text_english.html (Here you can read the text in English)

Do you have any comment on that?

M: Yes, there is a big history back on this. I can make a Resume. They ask us in 1996 to distribute Montana in Germany. Then they want to grow and they ask for more countries. We gave them (becouse we trust them) another 11 countries around Germany. They were "drunk" of succes and ambition and the stress us for make worldwide distribution. Of course we want work for us (as a small company we are) not for them, so we never accept them demands.

This year the made an alliance with Dupli (big multinational) an Farbo (a company from Switzerland who have the rights from a long time of the word Montana for make pain, but not Spray). They ask to them lawyers how to steal our brand (and our work) and they are trying to do this.

Basically this is the reason they say all this lies to the customers. We are trying with aur lawyers to finish this attack against us, but as you can imagin, they have big backgroun on back (Dupli) so, we don't know. We work for survive and for promote graffiti, they work for make from graffiti a big bussines for them.

I know what i'm saying, i'm a writer from 1986 and i know what means graffiti.

Wv?: On http://www.montanacolors.com/faked.htm you write the following words..

"-  The "donut" looks the same as the original."

By my experience the donut,cap and the transparent top is all exactly like on AerosolArt(proline) cans.

Could you explain this to me, please?

M: Yes, you are right. They are not exactly the same if you are good observer, but this text we do for all kind of people, also beginners on graffiti.

Looks like Proline becouse as i wrote before is make by the same factory (Dupli) in germany.

Wv?: These fakeds can be bought at Highlights in stockholm, they also sell Spanish Montana and AerosolArt.

They sell Spanish Montana becouse, we broke the contract with L&G 2 months ago aprox. so probably they still have stock of the originals.

In stockholm there is a company who is buying us origina Montana. The name is Home Boy.

Wv?: Thank you for your time!

M: Thanks to you for your interest. We are looking for the support of the real writers.

Final words from We Vandals? to you..

We recomend you to use the Original Montanas, the ones made in Spain. Those cans have been used for years and have grown up to be a favorite, and that's because they are good and made to fit a writer in action. The other ones that are made in Germany are new and haven't had as much experience.. But the best thing to do is ofcause if you try them both out and paint with the one YOU like the best.

and more:

FAKE MONTANA CANS!!!

Check this from Dutch Damage:-

what's da deal?there have been rumours that there are "fake" montana cans on the market in europe...we have heard that these cans are probably produced by the german montana division...(the adress of montana germany is erased from the offical montana website! check www.montanacolors.com ) the problem is that these "fake" montanas are not the same quality as the original montana cans!!!

we have also heard that there might be small differences in the design/details of the can...some "fake" cans may have a stamp/number on the bottom of the can....the original cans dont have that...

LATEST INFO:

we have some new info on how you can recognize a "fake" montana can!

-the info about how to use the can (on the backside) is written in dutch and some scandinavian languages...

-the barcodes on the cans are differnt or not there!

-when the can says: manufactured for L+G in germany you can be sure its a fake one!

-the montana logo is smaller on the fake can

-the "donut" on top of the can is smaller/the same as on a "proline" can...

you have the biggest chance of buying fake montanas in shops where they also sell the "aerosol proline" cans!!!

most of the fake cans showed up in germany and scandinavia so far...seems like holland is "safe"...

when they offer you those fake cans: dont accept them!

its crap paint for the same price!!!!

1672.12 in reply to 1672.10 

Just a little insight for y'all there !

Fake montana's are gonna be everywhere soon, anyone dealing with montana Germany will be getting fake tins

this includes :-

Kings Paint & all the places supplied by them

StyleWars & all the places supplied by them

Montana Germany are not going to recieve anymore cans from the factory in Spain EVER AGAIN. So when their backstocks of 'real' montana die out, all they will be selling is that fake stuff !

Which as far as i can tell, is just proline @ high pressure in a montana can ! I dont really know that much about the fake tins because i only saw one for the first time @ the weekend. But you can spot them a mile off !

Anyone who is getting paint from me, is getting the realformula, Spanish Montana direct from spain

"Fake" montana

Englisch:

Customer information

Regarding: !!!NO FAKE MONTANAS!!!

Unfortunately a rumour has been spread during the last few days, initiated by the Spanish manufacturer of Montana cans, us, L&G Distribution and the Inflammable Mailorder, would distribute “fake” Montana Cans, that means counterfeit goods.

THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!

True is, that we have a valid contract with Montana Colors s.l., which enables us to produce and distribute Goods with the trademark “Montana”. It is also true, that we have been producing and distributing Cans with the original “montana”-design and the corresponding quality for almost two years now, with explicit permission and acknowledgement of Montana Colors s.l.. The most familiar example is the 500ml “teeror”-can from Montana, which is a product from our own ranks for quite a while now.

What has happened?

When we started to import Montana Cans to Germany 5 years ago, nobody knew these cans. Even we were new to this subject. With great efforts we introduced the cans to the market, although they were not having today’s quality. Today’s valve, which is completely different and much better compared to the former valve, the Donut, the improved quality of the paint, the reference to graffiti caused by our origin, sourced in graffiti for more than 10 years now made us know about the requirements an artist has to his tools, all this and more were innovations provided by L&G, to improve the can over the years and create the ultimate tool to make it available to spraycan-artists everywhere. Plus the continuos enlargement of the colour range, just to mention a few things. Today nobody would want to paint with the old cans again, caused by the many improvements throughout the years.

Today we are by far the biggest distributor of Montana Cans. and still growing, our distribution partners in Europe and out of Europe operate at full capacity. Today we are still willing to go on like this for long time, but together with our Spanish friends.

Unfortunately, Montana Colors s.l. has on the basis of it’s size never been able to supply our needs on cans, until today every single can is still handmade. This was the cause why we decided to cover the delivery bottlenecks with orders at other production sites. The recipes were given to us by Montana Colors s.l. in original and we have exchanged some ingredients for the benefit of health and environment, BUT THE QUALITY STILL STAYS EXCELLENT AND IS AT LEAST THE SAME, LARGELY EVEN BETTER THAN THE ONE WE HAVE NOW, regarding the covering and pattern of the paint.

A few months ago, a company called Farbo S.A. from Switzerland suddenly claimed us for damages for distributing Montana Cans. They own the trademark „Montana“ for almost 20 years now for the range of paints and varnish. In tough negotiations we were able to convince them that the graffiti market we are in was something different from the regular paint-market they are in. Finally they agreed to give us a license in return of a considerable amount of money, to ensure the trade and the production of the cans in future.

We did not get any support from Montana Colors s.l. in this time, rather converse. They told us Farbo S.A. was our own problem and they could not help it. Now the situation turned and Farbo S.A. is now claiming Montana Colors s.l. for damages because the Spanish people are and have always been the manufacturer and knew about the problem with the trademark.

We tried to figure out why Montana Colors s.l. started this campaign against us, and we believe they are afraid of losing us as a customer and that we will start our own, complete production of Montana Cans, because we are enabled to, based on the license from Farbo S.A. which could even be used against Montana Colors s.l..

In return we have the suspect the moves made by Montana Colors s.l., the termination of contractually agreed sales areas and their separation from us, are supposed to lead to management of the sales-areas, their distributions and markets in and outside Germany by Montana Colors s.l. themselves. The build-up of these distributions and markets was our work and our success during the last years, and it was our money we spent in the structure we have today. Therefore Montana Colors s.l. gave us the guarantee to use the name Montana during the contract period and for the future. Montana Colors’ suspicion whereas is without any reason, it is baseless. We have tried and we will still try to find a solution, together with Montana Colors s.l., and we still have a valid contract with them that we definitely want to fulfill and extend. Our use and access to other production sites was just a reaction to the sustained delivery bottlenecks caused by Montana Colors s.l. in Spain.

We would regret an argument, on the other hand we cannot tolerate the backbiting of Montana Colors s.l. towards us. We will surely fight if we have to, fight for you, fight for us and fight for the trademark and the product „Montana-Cans“, the trademark we established and that we have found a love to.

We promise you to be there when you need cans, we will not step back, and that you will always find here the best quality and the best service you got used to during the last years.

The best quality, developed by artists for artists, we know your needs!! We hope these informations were helpful, to give you chance to see behind the curtain of rumours, to anticipate the grapevine.

Have a nice day

Your L&G/Inflammable-Team

from http://www.montana-cans.com

----------------------------------------------

obviously, i am not endorsing any of this information. i have no idea what the truth is but i do want to make sure i get the best quality paint for my money.

Originally posted by worldoflies

here's some more on the contoversy:

We Vandals asking Montana,Spain about the faked cans..

Wv?: Why do the fakeds smell like gasoline, that can't be good, right?

M: I don't know exactly. The faked cans are made in Dupli factory (where L&G are making them "aerosol art colors") so probably they make with the same quality and gases.

Wv?: On http://www.montana-cans.de/ I found a info page with the big text "No Faked Cans".

http://www.montana-cans.de/text_english.html (Here you can read the text in English)

Do you have any comment on that?

M: Yes, there is a big history back on this. I can make a Resume. They ask us in 1996 to distribute Montana in Germany. Then they want to grow and they ask for more countries. We gave them (becouse we trust them) another 11 countries around Germany. They were "drunk" of succes and ambition and the stress us for make worldwide distribution. Of course we want work for us (as a small company we are) not for them, so we never accept them demands.

This year the made an alliance with Dupli (big multinational) an Farbo (a company from Switzerland who have the rights from a long time of the word Montana for make pain, but not Spray). They ask to them lawyers how to steal our brand (and our work) and they are trying to do this.

Basically this is the reason they say all this lies to the customers. We are trying with aur lawyers to finish this attack against us, but as you can imagin, they have big backgroun on back (Dupli) so, we don't know. We work for survive and for promote graffiti, they work for make from graffiti a big bussines for them.

I know what i'm saying, i'm a writer from 1986 and i know what means graffiti.

Wv?: On http://www.montanacolors.com/faked.htm you write the following words..

"-  The "donut" looks the same as the original."

By my experience the donut,cap and the transparent top is all exactly like on AerosolArt(proline) cans.

Could you explain this to me, please?

M: Yes, you are right. They are not exactly the same if you are good observer, but this text we do for all kind of people, also beginners on graffiti.

Looks like Proline becouse as i wrote before is make by the same factory (Dupli) in germany.

Wv?: These fakeds can be bought at Highlights in stockholm, they also sell Spanish Montana and AerosolArt.

They sell Spanish Montana becouse, we broke the contract with L&G 2 months ago aprox. so probably they still have stock of the originals.

In stockholm there is a company who is buying us origina Montana. The name is Home Boy.

Wv?: Thank you for your time!

M: Thanks to you for your interest. We are looking for the support of the real writers.

Final words from We Vandals? to you..

We recomend you to use the Original Montanas, the ones made in Spain. Those cans have been used for years and have grown up to be a favorite, and that's because they are good and made to fit a writer in action. The other ones that are made in Germany are new and haven't had as much experience.. But the best thing to do is ofcause if you try them both out and paint with the one YOU like the best.

and more:

FAKE MONTANA CANS!!!

Check this from Dutch Damage:-

what's da deal?there have been rumours that there are "fake" montana cans on the market in europe...we have heard that these cans are probably produced by the german montana division...(the adress of montana germany is erased from the offical montana website! check www.montanacolors.com ) the problem is that these "fake" montanas are not the same quality as the original montana cans!!!

we have also heard that there might be small differences in the design/details of the can...some "fake" cans may have a stamp/number on the bottom of the can....the original cans dont have that...

LATEST INFO:

we have some new info on how you can recognize a "fake" montana can!

-the info about how to use the can (on the backside) is written in dutch and some scandinavian languages...

-the barcodes on the cans are differnt or not there!

-when the can says: manufactured for L+G in germany you can be sure its a fake one!

-the montana logo is smaller on the fake can

-the "donut" on top of the can is smaller/the same as on a "proline" can...

you have the biggest chance of buying fake montanas in shops where they also sell the "aerosol proline" cans!!!

most of the fake cans showed up in germany and scandinavia so far...seems like holland is "safe"...

when they offer you those fake cans: dont accept them!

its crap paint for the same price!!!!

1672.12 in reply to 1672.10 

Just a little insight for y'all there !

Fake montana's are gonna be everywhere soon, anyone dealing with montana Germany will be getting fake tins

this includes :-

Kings Paint & all the places supplied by them

StyleWars & all the places supplied by them

Montana Germany are not going to recieve anymore cans from the factory in Spain EVER AGAIN. So when their backstocks of 'real' montana die out, all they will be selling is that fake stuff !

Which as far as i can tell, is just proline @ high pressure in a montana can ! I dont really know that much about the fake tins because i only saw one for the first time @ the weekend. But you can spot them a mile off !

Anyone who is getting paint from me, is getting the realformula, Spanish Montana direct from spain

"Fake" montana

Englisch:

Customer information

Regarding: !!!NO FAKE MONTANAS!!!

Unfortunately a rumour has been spread during the last few days, initiated by the Spanish manufacturer of Montana cans, us, L&G Distribution and the Inflammable Mailorder, would distribute “fake” Montana Cans, that means counterfeit goods.

THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!

True is, that we have a valid contract with Montana Colors s.l., which enables us to produce and distribute Goods with the trademark “Montana”. It is also true, that we have been producing and distributing Cans with the original “montana”-design and the corresponding quality for almost two years now, with explicit permission and acknowledgement of Montana Colors s.l.. The most familiar example is the 500ml “teeror”-can from Montana, which is a product from our own ranks for quite a while now.

What has happened?

When we started to import Montana Cans to Germany 5 years ago, nobody knew these cans. Even we were new to this subject. With great efforts we introduced the cans to the market, although they were not having today’s quality. Today’s valve, which is completely different and much better compared to the former valve, the Donut, the improved quality of the paint, the reference to graffiti caused by our origin, sourced in graffiti for more than 10 years now made us know about the requirements an artist has to his tools, all this and more were innovations provided by L&G, to improve the can over the years and create the ultimate tool to make it available to spraycan-artists everywhere. Plus the continuos enlargement of the colour range, just to mention a few things. Today nobody would want to paint with the old cans again, caused by the many improvements throughout the years.

Today we are by far the biggest distributor of Montana Cans. and still growing, our distribution partners in Europe and out of Europe operate at full capacity. Today we are still willing to go on like this for long time, but together with our Spanish friends.

Unfortunately, Montana Colors s.l. has on the basis of it’s size never been able to supply our needs on cans, until today every single can is still handmade. This was the cause why we decided to cover the delivery bottlenecks with orders at other production sites. The recipes were given to us by Montana Colors s.l. in original and we have exchanged some ingredients for the benefit of health and environment, BUT THE QUALITY STILL STAYS EXCELLENT AND IS AT LEAST THE SAME, LARGELY EVEN BETTER THAN THE ONE WE HAVE NOW, regarding the covering and pattern of the paint.

A few months ago, a company called Farbo S.A. from Switzerland suddenly claimed us for damages for distributing Montana Cans. They own the trademark „Montana“ for almost 20 years now for the range of paints and varnish. In tough negotiations we were able to convince them that the graffiti market we are in was something different from the regular paint-market they are in. Finally they agreed to give us a license in return of a considerable amount of money, to ensure the trade and the production of the cans in future.

We did not get any support from Montana Colors s.l. in this time, rather converse. They told us Farbo S.A. was our own problem and they could not help it. Now the situation turned and Farbo S.A. is now claiming Montana Colors s.l. for damages because the Spanish people are and have always been the manufacturer and knew about the problem with the trademark.

We tried to figure out why Montana Colors s.l. started this campaign against us, and we believe they are afraid of losing us as a customer and that we will start our own, complete production of Montana Cans, because we are enabled to, based on the license from Farbo S.A. which could even be used against Montana Colors s.l..

In return we have the suspect the moves made by Montana Colors s.l., the termination of contractually agreed sales areas and their separation from us, are supposed to lead to management of the sales-areas, their distributions and markets in and outside Germany by Montana Colors s.l. themselves. The build-up of these distributions and markets was our work and our success during the last years, and it was our money we spent in the structure we have today. Therefore Montana Colors s.l. gave us the guarantee to use the name Montana during the contract period and for the future. Montana Colors’ suspicion whereas is without any reason, it is baseless. We have tried and we will still try to find a solution, together with Montana Colors s.l., and we still have a valid contract with them that we definitely want to fulfill and extend. Our use and access to other production sites was just a reaction to the sustained delivery bottlenecks caused by Montana Colors s.l. in Spain.

We would regret an argument, on the other hand we cannot tolerate the backbiting of Montana Colors s.l. towards us. We will surely fight if we have to, fight for you, fight for us and fight for the trademark and the product „Montana-Cans“, the trademark we established and that we have found a love to.

We promise you to be there when you need cans, we will not step back, and that you will always find here the best quality and the best service you got used to during the last years.

The best quality, developed by artists for artists, we know your needs!! We hope these informations were helpful, to give you chance to see behind the curtain of rumours, to anticipate the grapevine.

Have a nice day

Your L&G/Inflammable-Team

from http://www.montana-cans.com

----------------------------------------------

obviously, i am not endorsing any of this information. i have no idea what the truth is but i do want to make sure i get the best quality paint for my money.

That is too much to read!!!!!! Thanks anyway............

Guest ctrl+alt+del

ah blah. tangi fame talks about you, thats how i know of you. i doubt you know my brother. and if you do it wont be by that name.

Archived