MONTANA PAINT PRICECUT

Montana Paint USA

Originally posted by Wase_137

the price is a little high but that's why you get a job...and the prices are high because it comes from overseas and it's a new product here.

first of all, having a job isn't the issue. The issue is having to pay up to 5 times as much for montana then other paint. I know its good, but if the prices were lowered to a more reasonable price then seriously, their sales would skyrocket. Also, the whole "its expensive because it comes from overseas" doesn't make sense. That should affect the shipping price, not the base price. People were talking about 2 dollars and such in other countries for Montana, so why should we get fucked. It matters to me only because I would love to get great paint, but if they can't see that there are so many kids with shitloads of money just WAITING for prices to get reasonable, then thats not my problem, it is theirs.

Until Montana Paint USA comes back on here i am gonna sit tight ...i want to ask some questions,

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dr. frink one

first of all, having a job isn't the issue. The issue is having to pay up to 5 times as much for montana then other paint. I know its good, but if the prices were lowered to a more reasonable price then seriously, their sales would skyrocket. Also, the whole "its expensive because it comes from overseas" doesn't make sense. That should affect the shipping price, not the base price. People were talking about 2 dollars and such in other countries for Montana, so why should we get fucked. It matters to me only because I would love to get great paint, but if they can't see that there are so many kids with shitloads of money just WAITING for prices to get reasonable, then thats not my problem, it is theirs.

Until Montana Paint USA comes back on here i am gonna sit tight ...i want to ask some questions,

there's no reason to take his post personal. it's just an opinion. i too am waiting for mr montana to get back up in here but there's no reason to get all edgy over nonsense.

I'd rather not paint than pay $5 a can. I'd rather pull a hiest and rob you on every delivery run than pay $5 a can. seriously, I've never even touched a can of Montana in almost 7 years of painting.... and the price is the reason for this... plus the fact that you can't rack Montana sucks... cause 9 times out of 10 I rack. So you should put it in small mom and pop shops for me to go and rack, and I'd love you forever.

fr8oholic....i think you misunderstood my tone

i wan't edgy, nor angry, nor impatient.

I think my choice of words was a bit harsh, and I was just trying to say what I meant fast as I was leaving and I wanted to finish talking about it.

to Wase, i'm sorry if i came off as an asshole, that wasn't intended at all

however, I would like for Montana guy to come back on

I am anxious to get some more paint

Did you get your paint from montana-paint.com Frink? For anyone that has ordered from them how long is the average time between when you ordered it to the time it was in your paint stained hands. I just ordered some the other day. Took advantage of the 4.00 cans.

Guest imported_Europe
Originally posted by ink Lunatic

haha... the secret to being poplular...live in Europe

Thats right, we got all the good paint.

Im not even gonna get into this argument... Trust me, they are not making a million on graffiti by selling Montana at 5 $, you should be more than greatfull you finally have some quality paint available in the states...

Q&A

Sorry it took a while to get back to your questions.

Here we go.

Why does Montana costs more then in other places ? ehm I won't bore you guys with details of the hudge investments which have to be made to be able to store paint in this country,(amongst others we had to send staff to school and buy a giant sprinklerinstallation, not to speak of the mountains of paperwork we had to clear) The regulations to store paint are nowhere else strickter the in the States. But actually it starts before that. There is a tariff on spray paint. This means we are taxed on the product when it enters the country. You can complain about this tax on paint at your local Senator. This are just a few point why the paint is more expensive then in Europe, We do things the official way. You can hardly compare our operation with a person in Europe mailing paint to a person in the States (by the way shipping paint by AIR is illegal and very stupid, you are endangering hundreds of people in the airplane and on the ground). The good news is that we are convinced of Montana paint and that Montana Paint can compete with any US brand. The price will be a little higher but we believe that users of the paint will be convinced of the quality. To be able to reach a competitive price we need time and also your support,. We are aware that at for example $ 3,- we would sell more and in that situation our costs would be covered as well. BUT at that time you will get a situation where nobody is able to get Montana because we are always sold out. The pricecut we have made is forever. We will not go up unless the US goverment raises the tarif on paint. The hudge demand for Montana in Europe caused many people to be withoud popular colors or any Montana colors at all during last summer. This why the second factory has started up to answer your question on so called "fake cans" there are no fake cans. There are two factories to cover the demand. This is also why we started now to deliver the US market as the production capacities are available. Before it would not made any sense because the paint is always sold out. There are some business differences between the two factories at the moment so that's how that story got into the world. It is the same paint, the same quality but there are some differences on how the spray can looks. At Montana Paint USA we sell a mix of spray cans filled at both factories and we have received ZERO complaints the last few months.

A few things more

Maybee Smart can back me on this issue but there is definatly a lesson in economics that in the end prices will be lower if a lot of people buy a product then if nobody is buying the product at all and the company would have to lower their prices just to survive. We do our best to get the price down, but is dependable on certain factors, we just started up so give us some time. Like the two Montana users in this thread said. Many of you have not used Montana yet. Give it a shot and the let the product speak for it self, Ask for the product in the store, give our details. Ounce they carry it buy that one can and judge yourself. Ounce more stores start carring the paint, the sooner the price will go down.

And for the ones who missed it. The minimum ordering quantity at Montana-paint.com will go down from 12 to 6 pieces soon. On top of that we will have a store-locater based on zip code soon. I think some of you know where Montana comes from and how it got to it's success in Europe. In all sense and aspects it is Artists paint.

well, i'm glad you responded, however....i am still dissapointed. I guess I was hoping for some amazing revelation, a realization that prices should be the same everywhere, resulting in 2.50 for a can of montana. However, I understand now why this is not possible, and not reasonable for the near future. However, thank you for explaining it, and thank you for the paint you put out.

hey montana paint guy> why dont you just do business out of canada? i mean your phone numbers are based out of there? wouldnt that make more sense? i know we have less tax on things up here. stop playing us all for fools. you just want the canadians to pay in american funds to get that extra bit of cash, good theory on business. or could you enlighted me on this?

I'm no fool!!! First of all I live in the Great North West and let me tell you........ the only thing having anything to do with graffiti in Blaine, WA is the Xylene distribution folks...... AKA Virus and fam......

I can't explain the Blaine, WA thing and the taxes involved in that whole thing...... but I do know there is some financial catch there with currencies and them making an extra dollar here and there!!!

I smell bullshit!!!!

Originally posted by Europe

Thats right, we got all the good paint.

Im not even gonna get into this argument... Trust me, they are not making a million on graffiti by selling Montana at 5 $, you should be more than greatfull you finally have some quality paint available in the states...

We've had quality paint available here for decades, it's called Rustoleum. Thanks for playing though.

Originally posted by Boring Bastard

I'm no fool!!! First of all I live in the Great North West and let me tell you........ the only thing having anything to do with graffiti in Blaine, WA is the Xylene distribution folks...... AKA Virus and fam......

I can't explain the Blaine, WA thing and the taxes involved in that whole thing...... but I do know there is some financial catch there with currencies and them making an extra dollar here and there!!!

I smell bullshit!!!!

who doesent smell it? i mean blaine is conviently close to vancouver, but still far enough away for the dollars to be different. if youve been to blaine youd know.

Currencies

Operating from Canada would not make any sense as the main sales are in the US, we pay our goods in US $ so for Canadian prices we actually should have raised prices as the Canadian Dollar lost seriously against the $ the last couple of weeks. But we didnt. Any loss on currency with the Canadian Dollar is paid by us at the moment.

Guest FreddyG

Unlimited Distribution has not lowered their prices lately... probably because they did't have to. 3.99 a can, always been 3.99 a can since I been getting it... and if you are buying rustoleum, just couch up an extra 40 cents for some good shit. they got ads in scribble last time I checked.

Guest willy.wonka

ooooh "g" big price cut

thats funny,me and my boys can get them for $3. a can....

i know you would like to make money and all,but damn!

also,are you guys really gonna supply hawaii with your paint?

there arent much people who rack in hawaii,so you dont have to worry about that..

Guest imported_Europe
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

We've had quality paint available here for decades, it's called Rustoleum. Thanks for playing though.

Last time I checked Rustoleum they didnt have over 80 colours, they sucked in handling, fatness and coverability compared to Montana, but maybe their has been an amazing breakthrough in their productline???

In the year 2001 european paint is the best, Ill take Montana and Molotow any day, you can keep Rustoleum and Krylon. I dont care if it worked for decades, this shit is way better today...

Thanks to you too...

Originally posted by Montana Paint USA

I am sure this person has not painted with Montana paint yet. Just Try it ! and judge again.... I am looking forward to speak to all of you again then..

And we look talking to you again in the near future also "Mr. Green" or "Mr. Virus" or whatever your preferred name is!!!!

if u guys think its bad try living in hawaii and trying to get this paint there is only one store that sells it and the motherfucker charges 8.00 a can and then if he pust on a montana tip on the can he charges 8.50. personally i dont think he knows shit about painting or graff even though he has a shop. Then the montana company says the'yll find ou the shipping price to send it to oahu and they take forever i just want the prices for shipping so i dont get dicked around for 800 a can i refuse to buy when i can get 3 or 4 cans of krylon for that price.

Originally posted by Europe

Last time I checked Rustoleum they didnt have over 80 colours, they sucked in handling, fatness and coverability compared to Montana, but maybe their has been an amazing breakthrough in their productline???

In the year 2001 european paint is the best, Ill take Montana and Molotow any day, you can keep Rustoleum and Krylon. I dont care if it worked for decades, this shit is way better today...

Thanks to you too...

i disagree man. i use rusto on a regular basis but it doesn't suck at all. montana has a better handle on the traits you've listed above but that's because it's made for graff. in reality montanas got a bunch of colors that don't cover for shit just like all the other paint out there and it's pretty awful in the winter. it's not the superman of paints but i'd consider it up there. i'm a fan of the molotow more but that's just a personal preference on my part.

enought trash talk though. in reality, if i could find it a lot more conveniently and it was less expensive i'd be using more of it.

Archived