VERY INSPIRING...oze 108.

THANKYOU

i read this interview on ole dude in mass appeal issue 30, and not only does it apply to graffiti, but life in general.

i never really liked his work... OCE 108's that is, until i read what he said about his perspective on his art, and what his name meant, which was super ill.

with that being said I'm going to post the interview and want to see what you guys think / thoughts etc...

strike up a convo, you know...

haha.

here goes two exerts i found very dope:

"Why do you write, and what do you write?

oze- honestly, my mom gave me my word. She'd been reading about the significanc of the number 108 in different religions, "1" represents singular elements, singularity, individual wholeness, "0" is for the circle of things, full circle, and "8" is infinity sideways, forever. so i liked the number and made a word based on it. ONE ZERO EIGHT = OZE 108.

I'm not meditating on it everytime i hit it up, but it's origins are there. So yeah, my moms gave me my word. pretty tough huh?"

and then this exert as well:

"where does your style come from?

oze- for me, its get loose and have fun, without any kind of pumped up, complicated tough guy front. and definately not trying to paint the same thing twice, even throw ups. if you dont like your job, quit. if you have to try to hard to keep your graffiti image up, then you're not painting for yourself. You're painting what you wish you were. I try to keep my shit pretty funny most of the time. I think you can read me like a book from the things i paint.

I'm doodling all the time, but i never take sketches with me. I try to incorporate whats going on at the spot. i'm about to paint. - that's what informs my letters is someone getting a blowjob around the corner? there's a hole in this wall...it's fucking cold as hell and my hands hurt. are there mosquitos? dogs? did i step in human shit on the way in? am i mad about work today? am i standing on a slant? did i have to fix a flat on my bike in the rain today? is that a life size stuffed santa claus in the passenger seat of that van? i mean, yeah, sometimes i'll try to memorize a letter connection before i leave the house but that's abut the extent of it."

so yea, there it is... i liked how he said his name came about and what it means to him, super original... and i liked the bit about painting for yourself, and not trying to hard when things should come to you naturally and you should be able to express yourself without trying to hard...

whatchallthinkfools.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.