Black Congressman Wants to Bring Back Slavery

angelofdeath

im quite sure in antebellum America most people didnt consider black chattel slavery, really 'slavery' either. after all, just because some people think bondage is slavery doesnt mean that it is. its all context.

if you think there should be any sort of MANDATORY state service, you are an advocate for slavery. this is the exact opposite of freedom and liberty. eh, comrade?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...
actually the first statement in the article depicting his reasonings makes sense:

"I truly believe that those who make the decision and those who support the United States going into war would feel more readily the pain that's involved, the sacrifice that's involved, if they thought that the fighting force would include the affluent and those who historically have avoided this great responsibility," Rangel said.

"Those who love this country have a patriotic obligation to defend this country," Rangel said. "For those who say the poor fight better, I say give the rich a chance."

sounds pretty liberal to me

if the draft was initiated; conservatives, the middle and upper-middle class, and republicans won't be so war happy. look at the vietnam era. when poor blacks and latinos and poor whites were fighting nobody gave a shit. the draft gets activated and rich white people and college kids all of a sudden cared.

i support the draft. will make people think twice about going to war and will rid the nation of armchair commandos. also because i already served so i don't have to go. lololol

yeah i agree