Waiting for Wii...

SUR X3

Well, I guess the value of $250, according to my life, would be right around 21 hours - which, when spread out over the course of eight-hour work days and five-day work weeks with bi-weekly pay periods, doesn't exactly strike me as 'a lot'.

$250 is barely enough to provide yourself with a month's worth of shelter and (minimal) electricity in 2006 but that's okay because, even at the VERY minimum (meaning at minimum wage), you should be making around $800/month in this country.

So, if your rent, food, gas, and base essentials come out to $600 a month (this is probably an over-estimate, if you're living inside your means), you should still have around $200 worth of disposable income per month.

So really, it's not exactly unheard of if you're willing to put in your 40/week.

Where the fuck do you live where $250 covers rent and utilities? Guatamala?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you all fucking retarded

who in their right mind wants to swing around a god damn controller

when i play my games i like chillen in a chair, relaxed, little physical effort, sipping on a drink, not acting like a fucking moron waving my arms around making things on tv move

get the hell outta here

i wouldnt pay 10$ for a wii

what a joke

Of course it does, it proves you're a big baller, right? Ballin with all the celeb's and sports stars that we don't know, with your inside deals and rims.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!.............ZING!

I notice that EastBay dude is always namedropping cats like a motherfucker. Talking about knowing MVP proffessional ball players, getting PS3's for free, and being a big baller shot caller while working at Best Buy. I remember in my hyphy thread and he was namedropping (of course), claiming he hangs out with a lot of hyphy rap stars. Sorry but I seen that nigga's picture, and I doubt a short whiteboy that looks like David Spade is in the studio with E-40, Too $hort, and Keek Da Sneak.

No offense though EastBay you my boy.

You think talking about these local acts is namedropping???

I never said I met Jay Z, but all these fucking dudes live in the bay. It's not like it's a fucking huge place. Richie Rich bought a bike from my dad. These dudes come in all the time.

And I never said I hung out with them, I said I met them. Too short I've never met. E-40 lives in Blackhawk and he actually comes into BestBuy all the time...

Point two: BestBuy is not my only income. It's actually not much of an income at all. It's a job I enjoy and it gives me some extra spending cash. But yeah I mean you don't have to believe me, one of my best friends is a fairly large local artist, which is why I've seen these dudes at the studio.

Holler.

PS: I look nothing like David Spade. I think I kinda look like Luke Wilson a bit.

You think talking about these local acts is namedropping???

I never said I met Jay Z, but all these fucking dudes live in the bay. It's not like it's a fucking huge place. Richie Rich bought a bike from my dad. These dudes come in all the time.

And I never said I hung out with them, I said I met them. Too short I've never met. E-40 lives in Blackhawk and he actually comes into BestBuy all the time...

Point two: BestBuy is not my only income. It's actually not much of an income at all. It's a job I enjoy and it gives me some extra spending cash. But yeah I mean you don't have to believe me, one of my best friends is a fairly large local artist, which is why I've seen these dudes at the studio.

Holler.

PS: I look nothing like David Spade. I think I kinda look like Luke Wilson a bit.

Point is, nobody here cares who you know.

Yeah, I am arguing on a hypothetical situation or whatever you wanna call it. It's definitely subjective. But I find it appalling that some of you think $250 isn't a lot of money. I don't care how much it costs relative to anything, or how much you make. It's not as if I were to become a millionaire, $10 all of a sudden becomes worth a penny. Ten bucks is ten bucks, and $250 is $250. When I was a kid and I made zero money, $250 was a lot. Now that I'm grown up and earn a decent living, $250 holds the subjective value in my mind as when I was a little kid. When I double my salary, I'm STILL gonna respect $250 for what it is.

I can find myself some sick travel deals for $250. I can buy an insane amount of alcohol, some gas money, and hitch a ride to the Virgin Islands to party for a week and come back with stories that will last a lifetime. I can go skydiving. I can get a mean-ass grill and have BBQ's every sunday that will rock my face on a weekly basis. Fuck, I can buy myself a fucking robot that will clean my house for the next few years. A ticket to Burning Man, which pretty much redefined my outlook on life. All those things have value to me.

The head-up-your-ass thing wasn't personally directed, just a general feeling towards anyone who will shrug off $250 as throwaway money.

yadda yadda.

I hear all of that. I think I just felt like arguing for the sake of practice, because now that I've had 4 days off of work and away from this desk I could care less about any of this shit.

$250 is $250.