So I heard on the radio...

26SidedCube

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i know you heard me on the radio (true)

but you still don't pay me no attention

listenin to what your girl friends mention

he's a slut, he's a hoe, he's a freak

got a different girl everyday of the week

it's cool not tryin to put a rush on you

i had to let you know that I got a crush on you

Breast implants linked to abnormal level of suicide

By Mark Henderson

WOMEN who have breast implants appear to have a higher than usual risk of suicide, according to research.

Evidence from the United States and Canada suggests that up to three times as many women who have had the cosemetic procedure kill themselves than those who have not, New Scientist magazine reports today.

The link has emerged from studies that were intended to assess whether breast implants had any effect on cancers and autoimmune diseases. No association was found but the studies, of 37,000 women, did find that an abnormal proportion of those who had enhanced their breasts by surgery subsequently killed themselves.

Joseph McLaughlin, of the International Epidemiology Centre in Rockville, Maryland, said: “The only consistent finding from all the studies has been the unexpected one of suicide.”

Many scientists think it likely that women who have breast surgery may have psychiatric problems that predispose them to suicide. In another study, led by David Sarwer, of the Centre of Human Appearance and the University of Pennsylvania Medical School, 18 per cent of patients having cosmetic surgery were found to be taking drugs to treat psychiatric conditions, compared with 5 per cent of those having other operations.

It is also possible that women whose surgery had a poor outcome commit suicide; more recent patients, who have newer implants, may not have the same reaction.