RECORD covers of graffiti

imported_joewelcome

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Aroe*ones

Yo joe,i got a few of those joints.That mitchell forman one is garbage..but the butter cover was deffinatly worth the $1.I also got the mantronix "needle to the groove" 12" with the Cwk art..Gnome and Gemini had the real tuff brooklyn style. There's still an old wall they did running since like '88 around my way. I also got this record called graffiti rap with cuts by futura and phase 2.Plus a couple qbert & crew break records with Spie and Dream art. If i had a scanner around i'd post em'.

Funky fresh post tho' for all the graffiti/vinyl junkees!bump

FRESH POST!

hard to think of covers not posted here. but has anyone seen the cover of a early 80's shitty rock band cant remember the name but it was the band under an concrete overpass looking thing and there is a stock tip zephyr tag tag on a pillar in the background? that mitchell forman album IS butt. how about the tommy boy greatest beats comp from 85? its got the color burner on the bottom done in slammin colored pencil. (not to mention the 3 b-boys in the classic logo position). or the ramones cover with the oh so nice 70's handsyles in the background. also (my memory is bad here) that fatback band band cover with the little kid in the street with all the 70's tags in the background. not to mention the album with the espoland piece on the cover (i think that was a cd though). oh yeah the fatback band thing was keep in steppin.......... why does someone mentioning that stanley clarke thing make me wanna buy it after passing it up forever?

-jerk182

Sonic Sum.

If you haven't heard this group I highly reccommend them...

real heady, progressive hip-hop.

Check out their first album "Sanity Annex"...

Hard to find but worth the look.

Fresh writer FredOnes of THC, UFG, TME crews is also part of this group.

Also my man Cens of the same crews is pretty much handling all of the

graphic work for the DefJux label and most Ozone artists.

Here's a cover for a recently released Sonic Sum single I did...

http://chrissilva.com/random/other/SONICsumSINGLEcover2.jpg'>

Wait a second, Dzine did a Michael Jackson cover...what?

That little Puerto Rican rascal is always ahead of me!

More Classics....

I aint got a scanner but.....

Ultimate Breaks & Beats Series

Style Wars - Hijack, standing in front of an Artful Dodger Piece

3 wize men - Another Dodgy Artful Dodger Cover

Ultramagnetics - Basement tapes, another Serve Cover

and who can forget Schoolly D's own drawn album Covers!

"It was Saturday Night and I was feeling kinda funny, Gold around my neck and pockets full of money..."

yeeeah!! donald frisco knows what i'm talkin bout! i haven't seen a copy of NWA and the Posse in ages. how many realize that Straight Outta Compton isn't their first album? oh, i have a few extra copies of Sonic Sum's first album on wax. email me if anyone needs one. great record.

lke i promised- a non rap lp..

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/7583/paganb.jpg'>

One of the few rare LPs on the Hawker imprint o Roadrunner. This is a hardcore band from Philly and the drummer must have been a writer. He did this cover.

It's not easy to find old non-rap records with graff on 'em. I know i have some stuff that fits the bill. Bare with me-

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/7583/upfront.jpg'>

A youth-crew classic. It's mostly because the kid in the picture is holding a can. Great CT hardcore album from the late 80's. Try and find an original!

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/7583/batcit.jpg'>

And this is Philly hardcore. Pretty obscure 7", but the track "Head Games" is great. Cover by Micro (who was in an old Video Graf) and someone else (whose name is nowhere near as recognizable as Micro).

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/7583/tmpl.jpg'>

Ok this might be pushing it. According to one of the band members, this 7" picture was taken by CBGB in Manhattan. The first record by one of the best Oi bands ever. Scope the Dash tag.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dont know if it was mentioned above but i remember that MANTRONIX had a 12 inch single in the early(think i was for Needle To The Groove).Was a dope cover.Dont know if the person who did it was a legit writer though. Also someone mentioned that JELLYBEAN album.I got that sh*t.On the inside sleeve it had the Jellybean piece with him holding a can(even though i think SEEN did it), and they had a graffiti glossary which was pretty cool.

Guest mikro137

ohhh shit this thread is back! (wow and i thought no good could come out of the redo of the board) ill have flix of shit tonight....

Album Covers

The only alum covers that matter:

- UPROCK (Album) - Rock Steady Crew, Artwork by: DOZE TC5. RSC

- Hey You The Rock Steady Crew (Single) Rock Steady Crew, Artwork by: DOZE TC5. RSC

This is where the ENTIRE PLANET was introduced to the "BBOY" character! (Formerly known as "RockSteady" Characters. Before DOZE, there were just charachters, He INVENTED the BBOY "Mugsy", "Mugsies")

- Ready For A Battle (Album) - Rock Steady Crew, Artwork by: DOZE TC5. RSC

(The Burner behind them [blazin outline and fill ins], NOT the title letters)

- The Mexican (Graff Cover)- JellyBean - Artwork by: DUSTER and SEEN for U.A.

HONORABLE MENTION: Needle to the GRoove and the other several Sleeping Bag Covers - Artwork by: By GNOME CWK

All the Breakbeat covers by KEV TM7 sucked

SERVE FBA's covers were cool.

Duck Rock had nice outlines by DONDI

But none of these or any other BEAT the UPROCK Cover.

Archived