Nitrogen?

suburbian bum

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"Personal as well as drug factors are involved when an individual takes his life while in a state of drug intoxication: not many people kill themselves while under the influence of LSD. Mr. A.’s history gives evidences of the development of withdrawal, a subtle type of social isolation, preoccupation with usually unconscious processes, and paranoid tendencies, all of which are consistent with serious psychopathology. These evidences, however, are suggestive rather than definitive. Mr. A. remained in school and acknowledged a future.

Mescaline and LSD may be involved in Mr. A.’s death in two ways. The first involvement is in terms of whether the breakdown in repression and changes in personality integration were induced or facilitated by LSD. Such breakdown does occur without pharmacological assistance, but in Mr. A.’s case the process definitely was initiated during a drug session and facilitated by the use of these drugs.

The second involvement of LSD is in terms of Mr. A.’s mental state immediately prior to taking his life. Although there may have been strong tendencies to self-destruction, these were held in check in the nondrugged state; he stayed in school and spoke of the future. His disrobing prior to taking his life indicates that major disintegration of psychological controls was present and that bizarre constellations could determine behavior. The circumstances strongly suggest that he would not have died at the time he did if he were not in a state of LSD intoxication"

OK, the scientist is here to clear things up.

1. It's nitrogen, not nitrous oxide.

2. Nitrous oxide is N2O. NO2 is nitrogen dioxide, a serious inhalation hazard (mixes with water to make nitric acid...in your lungs). Nitric oxide, NO, is also hazardous to breathe. N2O4 is dinitrogen tetroxide, which forms when NO2 is severely compressed or cooled (and will revert back to NO2 when released, as did a tanker of the stuff in Bogalusa, LA in '95). The other oxide of nitrogen is N2O5, I don't even remember what it's called.

3. I would be bored to death with a tank of nitrogen. Chemically it's way too stable to have fun with. (In fact, you're breathing it right now. Most of air is nitrogen.) It puts out fires, doesn't start them. It's not even liquid nitrogen, which can be amusing.

The only thing you can do with it, or any other compressed gas cylinder, is so dangerous as to resemble Russian roulette. In fact, I'm not even gonna suggest it.

I'd put it back where you found it. If you know a shady welder, he might be interested in acquiring it, but not for any big money.

Archived