tm7 kids...teach the kids well, i always say

roler one tm7

Guest Taboo TM7

Correction

"gibo" is actually "BIRD" by Taboo... the flik posted is not the finished product....

..... Bloody Fetus ...I respect your opinion

TM7 Brooklynn

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by roler one tm7

yeah the one and only remember kev`s album covers, and he`s still doin canvas work with airbrush, nice shit yo, i`m tryin to get him to do some work with the paint again, let`s keep our fingers x, cause that nigga nice with his...plus i`ll see if i an get some of his train shit up from the j`s and M`s, who went halsey layup? put your hand up.....one

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00145525f00000029.jpg'>

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00145525f00000030.jpg'>

i might even have one or two roler insides around here somewhere

As far as people saying that TM7 shit looks the same I would have to disagree. Yes alot of the writers down with Tm7 have very similar style, but they all put there little things into there pieces that set them apart from each other. Look at alot of old NY crews. Its always like that.FBA,FC,TMT..These are all crews that have members whos styles are similar, yet have originality in there own way. Even on a bigger level if you look at styles that were done in the 70s you can see that every borough had similar styles. Brooklyns styles were similar, the bronx was, queens..You could almost tell where a writer was from by his style.

Much props to TM7 Crew..Big Tore,Roler, Yes 2..doing it!!

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/8017/upstateburners.jpg'>

read the art....feel the art

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/8017/mone_tore_joint.jpg'>

mone and his boys doin work

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/8017/nbx_ceet_tilt_cope_need_jez.jpg'>

more mone....not tm7 but my boy none the less

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/8017/taboo_char.jpg'>

taboo tm7 going there...experimental char....

well a lil more from the nyc kids....mecca dopeness...enjoy..from roler

yo emit when are you comin back to NYC so we can paint the bronx river trainline wall? i remember going there with ivory and greed and enuf, when you and gaze had that place on lock, remember that.either that or come over to japan and we can burn like the clap...i`ll holla at yes2 to get some flicks...one yall

Guest KING OF HELL

THE KING OF HELL seconds the need for GREED and WAQS A3 flicks. dudes were severely ahead of their time and severely underrated.

Re: NYC STYLE?

Originally posted by kingsNbetter

ok all u NYC style kings... (roler tm7, ihateu, bloodyfetus, ibxmoon) what exactly is a GOOD wild style... don’t give me names... what ELEMENTS make up a good style piece???

1.. The letters have to some how complement each other, either by connecting or by laying into each other in a way that one would not look right without the other.

2.. The connections should be at a minimal, not too much in the center and a good balance on the ends. I think the outer extentions should also give the piece extra movement that the letters cant give.

3.. The 3d can make or brake you, every piece's 3d also has to complement whats going on. Ex....3d to the side, straight down, down tilted to the right or left, or sometimes a simple shadow and no 3d..

Well thats just my opinion, also my biggest rule is IF IT DOESENT LOOK GOOD IN BLACK AND WHITE. Meaning if you need colors to make it look good it isnt good.......

Peace ERVO ONE TM7 CRUE............

Guest KING OF HELL

Re: Re: NYC STYLE?

Originally posted by ervothemad7

IF IT DOESENT LOOK GOOD IN BLACK AND WHITE. Meaning if you need colors to make it look good it isnt good.

YES. this is what ive been trying to tell people. its the reason why i miss STYLES FOR MILES. and shit like that. thank you for making me feel like im not freaking crazy because i think the "hey it'll look good in the flick" attitude is shitty.

Thank you Ervo… that is just the type of response I had in mind. I know about the whole black and white thing. The reason why I ask the question is that some of the work that I see today (from nyc writers) looks good over all but are not that great when examined and broken down. For instance an E is probably one of the most versatile letters. Yet most people do the same old E every time. I give credit to new letterforms. Another thing is I believe you a piece can be over killed with too many connections in the middle but I think I shows skill if you can make ALL letters connect is some way with out loosing or compromising the letter itself. It shows you put more thought into it.

That’s just my opinion.

Originally posted by ervothemad7

1.. The letters have to some how complement each other, either by connecting or by laying into each other in a way that one would not look right without the other.

2.. The connections should be at a minimal, not too much in the center and a good balance on the ends. I think the outer extentions should also give the piece extra movement that the letters cant give.

3.. The 3d can make or brake you, every piece's 3d also has to complement whats going on. Ex....3d to the side, straight down, down tilted to the right or left, or sometimes a simple shadow and no 3d..

Well thats just my opinion, also my biggest rule is IF IT DOESENT LOOK GOOD IN BLACK AND WHITE. Meaning if you need colors to make it look good it isnt good.......

Peace ERVO ONE TM7 CRUE............

lets also talk consistancy, CONSTANTLY puttin too much shit in your piece is mad wack, bein able to stand back and be critical of even your best work shows you have the ability to get better by the piece. look at tkid my personal favorite, he was doin great until he started to try and follow the current trend of 3d style pieces, off the head w/o paper, letters that don`t flow organicly with each other, pieces that would be whole cars back in the day and over kill on the fill, sexless paint style..all this can be corrected with patience and gettin back to basics..black & white it first, then make the colors dance..now heres me starting a lil more controversy, it was told to ivory tm7 that i don`t do wildstyle, this came from west fc, while he drooled over one of my old black books about two years ago, i let that go, cuz i know he ain`t done nothin hot since the 1 line, cartoon writer doin cartoon chars....then when my boy tried to setup a battle between me and him, he told my boy that i wasn`t on his level, he`s right, i burn like a bad night in thailand, what you done mr saturday morning...i`ll put 200 molly preemo`s on table, what u got....now i`m cool with all of fc (hims, dash, keylo and the rest know who they are), but that jumble letter, funny page shit is wack..then on top of that my peeps hook this cat up while he`s in japan on a local show to interviewed about the japanese graff scene and this cat proceeds to dis all the japanese bros, now i know a few that rock...not wildstylein` but tryin...to make a long story short...i`m sayin WEST FC, STYLE WACKER LETS BATTLE, no characters, no scenery, just style...bring it toy.....

and kids always remember...graff is just like sex, once you do a piece you just can`t stop...one

Guest Taboo TM7

Re: NYC STYLE?

Good style huh… hmmmmm well I think u got to have good, new letters and good/clever connects… if you are using the same “standard” connects I might as well be writing in script. Aint nothin worse than lookin at the same ol’ crap. Some cats will do a piece with arrows goin to the left, then to the right, and call it 2 different outlines. Look at the letters in the name, because it’s harder to find connections for some letter combinations, as well as the number of letters involved. I think a good showing of skills is to do other names… Like who as ever seen Roler do a ‘ROLER’ piece in the past 100 years?

THE TABOO MANIFESTO!!!

Taboo DYM

Get the Dondi book.

Open it.

Look at some pieces from the late 70s.

Thats what makes good wildstyle. He practically invented the methods that *most* writers continue to base wildstyle on. CIA and THE DEATH SQUAD.

Archived