PAINTER TOUCH MALE CANS

chigraffmag

i got a gang of them for my birthday last year. at first i was a little salty, but after using them they werent that hard to use. true indeed they are not toy friendly.. paint and caps should never be an excuse - if so then take your skills to rehab.

just think of people like dondi and skeme who got busy with regular old stock caps.

dondi and skeme did not only use stock caps...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man i called the 1800 number to ask em what was up with them changing the caps

And they said that eventually theyre gonna replace all their cans like this and then went on to say that they hope to one day make the caps interchangable with the new and old systems

but i think they were just saying that

and normally i wouldnt care if they were just doing these to the gay colors

but last time i went to home deezie ALL the banging colors were like this

if want a good caps for those stupid cans start looking in the hair spray isle and just everywhere you go look at every can of aersol in every isle in grocey stores and hardware stores everywhere!!!to see if the caps would work you will find something i know i have

orrrrrr you could go on montana colors website and buy caps for male cans...

and why dont you all use color vision its still good.

Yes. Lowes has a bunch of PT colors, in American Accents cans, and all have the gay valve. At home depot, all, or most of the AA colors, are now repackaged as Painter's Touch Satin cans, and all have the crappy valves. AC Moore, one of the last holdouts, now has mostly the male valves. They really are switching a lot of stuff.

• 4 months later...

in ausralia a lot of the more affordable shit is male cans, i just get a large amount of glen20 (a surface disinfectant spray) which goes quite thin probably grey hood equivalent, not as clean obviously and for fatter caps usually hair spray caps do the trick, cap converters are a load of shit unless your doing large peices.

THEY FUCKING SUCK FOR FILLIN IN - BUT I LIKE EM ALRIGHT FOR OUTLINING AND FORCEFIELDS - BUT COME ON WTF IS REALLY GOIN ON - I SAY IF EVERYONE BOYCOTTED THEIR BRANDS THEY WOULD CHANGE BUT THAT TAKES WAY TOO LONG - IT WOULD BE EASIER FOR ONE TO ADAPT...IT AINT HARD - FUCK A PRETTY LITTLE GREY DOT CAP AND ADD SOME GRITTINESS TO YOUR ART...ADDS CHARACTER- IF YOUR QUICK ENOUGH WITH THESE YOU CAN GET CLEAN CRISP LINES..I JUST HATE FILLING IN WITH THESE CANS.....START A PETITION..NEVERMIND.

Guest doughnutz

i treid a bunch of random caps from some oven cleaner and hairspray etc.....and none of them spray a clean line.....therll all sputtery and drippy and oversprayed out....

bassicly i just switched brands i use what ever paint i can now but none of th new shit i wont even rack that shit.. the spa blue is watery now compared to the old i had a can of each to do a few and the new shit is crap

save your old painters touch cans if you have any left........transfer the paint from the new painters touch cans into the old painters touch cans (or any male capped can) do it just like you would if using a mixing straw to mix colors except just use the stem that is on the female can and stick it right into the male can....just make sure to follow the same directions when mixing paint

• 1 month later...

THIS JUST IN!!!

My oldhead MB from Philly has been in touch with the Rustolium company explaining to them what a mistake it was to switch the caps and stems and why. citing that as a "professional artist and muralist" he can nolonger use their product because of not being able to switch caps and how it's going to seriously hurt their buisiness when everybody in the "art" world who uses spraypaint switches to other brands yada yada and all that.

So anyways, this is the message that was left on his phone today:

Hi, this is Rick from Rustoleum product support. In responce to your comments about the "spray anyway" valve and the way in which your tips do not switch out for them, we've had other comments in regard to this problem. We are changing the spray anyway valve so that they will fit your tips just like our products used to before the switch. This will be a rolling change as we make more product. We will not be scrapping the product that currently have the female tips, but we will be replacing them and we will not be creating any more of those. Hopefully by the end of the year all of the products that currently have the male valve and female tips will be switched out back to the way they were before where you can switch out the tips. If you have any more questions give me a call.

FUCK YES!!!