PAINTER TOUCH MALE CANS

chigraffmag

my boy works at an AC Moore, the last non female cap supplying store, well, he said all the new shipments are of the female persuasion with plastic labeling. sucks. he has found some cans with white comfort tips that look like the old rustoleum red comfort tips, and they were male too, which confuses me even more.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i got some of the male cans, didn't realize it at the time.. not a big deal.. I can work around it... They put out some new colors though, what amazed me was that I picked up a 'coastal blue AA gloss" "new product as said above" and it came with a new style cap, and it's still a female can. Maybe they are switching back and forth? lovin these new colors.. a lot more blues, greens and a whole entire spectrum of browns..here's a flick of what i'm talkin bout. second flick is how it sprays, still has the same flow as a stock cap, feels a little smoother, but comes out just as fast.

DSC02797.JPG

didnt older rusto cans come with a cap like this?? but they were red or brown i think

**Learn how to stock tip it, its not hard, spray futher away and slower for a fatter line..

OR

** think about all the house-hold products that have caps, alot of them are female caps, find one that works like a rusto fat, thats how caps were discovered in the first place. You can get a perfectly good rusto fat cap at any hobby store, just got to know were to look. If ya aint new, you know. Now go raid moms kitchen and dads garage.

hey, atleast they don't have those shitty fan spray tip things that some krylon cans have...

The fan tips are super tight, you just got to fuck with the little nob on the end, damn!!!! Ya'll dont experiment enough! You can get the sickest flars out of those caps, fuck!

These new caps suck. Anyone who says they improve your abilities obviously doenst paint alot of trains. Stick to your lets take all day walls. I got trains to get up and burn and Im not sitting hours on one piece in a night filling in my shit with a skinny cap. Ill use other brands before that will happen.

Ive tried out varios caps off Lysol , Spray Starch , Carpet Cleaner, Furniture Spray etc. None worked fat on these cans , though they spray large on the cans they come off of. This any angle valve thing maybe noy have enough pressure pushing out of the can to write fat...Im no scientist on how the valve system pf a can works but something aint right.

I;ve used these new cans for borders , designs & highlights and the caps always clogged on me. So make sure if you are using them you have spares.

this is looking pretty serious. i think we all need to write to rustoleum and ask them to stop this shit now. i haven't found any good caps to use on these cans. the best cap i found sprays like a soft cap. a little fatter but fuzzy and not real fast. slightly better for filling in and blends, useless for everthing else. ill also let you all know that a lot of industrial brands are switching over to female caps as well. it seems to be taking over.

p2m, im with you on the train thing. im not filling in on stainless steel with stock caps, theres no way. all these toys who say it doesn't matter aren't doing anything where time matters and there are real consequences to getting caught. looks like montanas going to be getting some more business.

its a shame that this is happening now when all these sick new colors have come out. it was looking like we finally have widely available domestic paint that can compete with euro paint in the color area, then this shit...

/\ /\ yeah were all toys, you guys ArE mAd d0p3r aNd bUrN3rZ aLl n1gH7 huh? no time for a stock tip, I never said it was better, I just gave examples to get around it, you big dummy.

Well actually I wasnt talking to you. I was talking to the person who said improve your abilities.

Yeah I really need to improve my abilities filling in with stock caps in the 20 degree weather I was painting in last night.

@spellegrino...of course I appreciate any advice on getting around this problem.

I just sort of skimmed through this thread, so I'm not sure if anyones mentioned this yet...

locally all the AA colours have been converted into PT cans. it seems as though Rusto is merging everything into one brand. Green Apple is in PT not AA, which is bizarre.

that's here nor there. the issue I have with the new cans isn't the stock tips, but the viscosity of the paint itself. its so fucking watery that my worst case of diahhrea would be envious. I made a few rounds to local home depots hoarding every last bit of the old PT they had in stock, so I'll hold out for a while, but, fuck... shits no beuno.

I decided to play with the new paint a bit yesterday and I literally spent a solid 2 hours more on something simply because of the drips. you can't cut hard lines without it pissing everywhere.

complaining won't do shit.

I fucking hate krylon.

guess I'm fucked

I have never seen a male rusto can.

I have never seen any of the AA colours with a Painter's Touch label.

And besides even if the cans were male, I wouldn't mind, rusto has pretty bad cap compatibility anyways, The only caps I ever use on it were the stocks and rusto fats, all other caps just gush out of the side and run down the can onto your hands.

But I've never had the problem of purchasing Rustoleum and it having a male valve so I could care less.

90% of aussie paint is like this, you just need to learn how to work it...

it is possible.....lots of burners have been painted using these nozzle systems...

that's the problem, really. if you're used to having that set up on a can and that's your only option, then you get well used to it because that's what you've got to work with.

before I moved to the states, in south africa all we had where these types of cans. but with 10 years or so now in the states, I've got used to the control and feel you have with the female cans.

its a non-issue to me as far as bombing goes. but when when it gets to pieces, its going to take a little getting used to.

if want a good caps for those stupid cans start looking in the hair spray isle and just everywhere you go look at every can of aersol in every isle in grocey stores and hardware stores everywhere!!!to see if the caps would work you will find something i know i have

i got a gang of them for my birthday last year. at first i was a little salty, but after using them they werent that hard to use. true indeed they are not toy friendly.. paint and caps should never be an excuse - if so then take your skills to rehab.

just think of people like dondi and skeme who got busy with regular old stock caps.

i got a gang of them for my birthday last year. at first i was a little salty, but after using them they werent that hard to use. true indeed they are not toy friendly.. paint and caps should never be an excuse - if so then take your skills to rehab.

just think of people like dondi and skeme who got busy with regular old stock caps.

its not that you can't use them for outlines, its that they aren't good for filling in fast. some of us need to fill in fast.