PAINTER TOUCH MALE CANS

chigraffmag

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the reasoning behind this has more to do with the fact that they are any angle spray, like the kilz craftcote that came out a minute ago.

the craftcote is actually pretty good, and some sick colors. i found two good caps for those, but the stem on those is bigger than on the painters touch cans so you have to get different caps.

in the yard section, caps thread i think, someone posted a tutorial on how to make ny style caps work with these cans by melting the female caps. i reposted it somewheres too, not sure what thread. it works good though, except it ruined a ny fat i have by bending the male part all up so i can only use it like that now.

works fine though, i accidentaly bought a case of 6 claret wines off ebay on the cheap, not realizing they were painters touch male cans cause i didnt read the picture well enough.

so, you will be able to use ny fats, thins and rusto fats on these cans.

or find your own off of household products, or just dont use these cans at all.

theyre not getting rid of the old cans, cause these are all lame crossover colors, not replacements for the colors in thier respective lines.

if they do get rid of old cans, theres always walmart silvers and tallboy flat blacks.

this is not about some euro paint! american accents see the name . The old montana male caps dont fit. There too big. I haven't seen any adaptor,but I had a similar question in the caps tread a couple of months ago when this male valve crap first started .The guy that replied had some interesting ideas. I got one down that works now.....You're just going to have to learn on your own Good Luck

• 1 month later...

Hate to break the news but the regular Painters Touch cans are also stemmed now. Home depot just got restocked by me and many colors like Key Lime , Spa Blue , Herbal Green all had the new c"comfort tip"design. They say it on the outside of the cans just like American Accents...Fuckers!!!!

Makes no sense why they would do this. Dont give me that the dont like Graffiti art. We are probably the bulk of their market. Rustoleum makes money on every can we use regardless if their cans are stolen from shops or not.

FYI:

I agree the new Rustoleum caps/stem system sucks..... That said its not a cap system to replace the female can male cap but just another product to add to their existing line which, to my understanding, will not change anytime soon.

This new product is called the "Spray Any Way" valve/can system. Which allows you to spray the can upside down or at any angle and also has a different spring to allow you to easily depress the cap. That is th reason for the new cap stem. This is"supposed" to help you get into areas that you cant with a traditional style can/cap.

So, I think the problem here is the knowledge about the product by the stores that stock it. Some stores may choose to restock with say 5 cases of "the new" product of the same color instead of the "the old" product of the same color and just not understand that its not a replacement but yet another product, for a different application, just of the same color. I think you should be sending your complaints to the stores that are stocking them and just let them know its a different product and to not use it as a replacement product just cause its so called "new and improved".

And no, I dont work for Rustoleum :). And forgive me if this was allready posted....

FYI:

I agree the new Rustoleum caps/stem system sucks..... That said its not a cap system to replace the female can male cap but just another product to add to their existing line which, to my understanding, will not change anytime soon.

This new product is called the "Spray Any Way" valve/can system. Which allows you to spray the can upside down or at any angle and also has a different spring to allow you to easily depress the cap. That is th reason for the new cap stem. This is"supposed" to help you get into areas that you cant with a traditional style can/cap.

So, I think the problem here is the knowledge about the product by the stores that stock it. Some stores may choose to restock with say 5 cases of "the new" product of the same color instead of the "the old" product of the same color and just not understand that its not a replacement but yet another product, for a different application, just of the same color. I think you should be sending your complaints to the stores that are stocking them and just let them know its a different product and to not use it as a replacement product just cause its so called "new and improved".

And no, I dont work for Rustoleum :). And forgive me if this was allready posted....

Where did you get this info? I called Rustoluem up last week and the customer service representative I spoke with could'nt find a single person who actually knew that Painters Touch changed their cap design.

yeah i got some of the male cans, didn't realize it at the time.. not a big deal.. I can work around it... They put out some new colors though, what amazed me was that I picked up a 'coastal blue AA gloss" "new product as said above" and it came with a new style cap, and it's still a female can. Maybe they are switching back and forth? lovin these new colors.. a lot more blues, greens and a whole entire spectrum of browns..here's a flick of what i'm talkin bout. second flick is how it sprays, still has the same flow as a stock cap, feels a little smoother, but comes out just as fast.

DSC02797.JPG

DSC02798.JPG

customer service answers the phone and takes messages. ask them to put you thru to product technical support.

oh, and i think the reason why its only the satin cans is because their satin is not supposed to drip as much as the gloss, which helps you to "Spray Any Way".

Where did you get this info? I called Rustoluem up last week and the customer service representative I spoke with could'nt find a single person who actually knew that Painters Touch changed their cap design.

customer service answers the phone and takes messages. ask them to put you thru to product technical support.

oh, and i think the reason why its only the satin cans is because their satin is not supposed to drip as much as the gloss, which helps you to "Spray Any Way".

I actually did speak to the product technical support. She put me on hold and asked a few other people and none were even aware of the new cap design. Rusto site has no info on it.

yeah i got some of the male cans, didn't realize it at the time.. not a big deal.. I can work around it... They put out some new colors though, what amazed me was that I picked up a 'coastal blue AA gloss" "new product as said above" and it came with a new style cap, and it's still a female can. Maybe they are switching back and forth? lovin these new colors.. a lot more blues, greens and a whole entire spectrum of browns..here's a flick of what i'm talkin bout. second flick is how it sprays, still has the same flow as a stock cap, feels a little smoother, but comes out just as fast.

That is just straight fucked up. Not only do I have to pop the tops off now I gotta take the nozzles off to check...fuckers.

Just don't pay for your paint and it won't be a big deal...anyways i don't mind the cap that's on it...they work nice when the can is real full. They are REAL good for outlining shit..just more time consuming for fills. I like pancakes.

I'm not going to argue i like pancakes too... but crepes.. Crepes are where its at!

I got the male caps on some flat black not just the satin. I think its any cans with the new plastic labels. if you got some of the male stems you can still use the cans. go to your local supermarket or hardware store and start stealing caps you can find all sorts of fan tips and super fats.