Channel Zero: Graffiti discussion.

AnUpsetStomach

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I know its not the forum for it, but i dont want to hear 15 year old kids thoughts on graff in the yard etc, i want to hear from the good people at channel zero.

1- Which 5 writers have inspired you the most, who in your opinion produces jaw dropping work

I'm lucky enough to get to paint with all my favorite writers.... I'm not about to namedrop anyone, as I dont want to feel cornier than usual should they see this.... but they know the deal I think.

2- What is it about what they produce that you like, can you break it down?

Theyre all good at what they do. Most of them are vastly different as people and writers. I take what I can from each person.

3- How long have you been fascinated with seeing your name on stuff?

I'm not....

4-How did you get started

Anger management.

5- Are you still painting? If so how long do you see yourself? Any plans to stop?

Yes. Until I find something better. ASAP.

6- What do you hate about it, what elements do you find boring played out

Toys. The whole "bad graffiiti" trend.

BONUS:

Post the last peice of graffiti that made you go WOW!

I was fortunate enough to get to paint with dude fairly recently.... one of the coolest people I've met lately. This piece is amazing.

bare.jpg

1- Which 5 writers have inspired you the most, who in your opinion produces jaw dropping work.

i come from a area not know for any graff so when i started it was limited. b.a. crue for sure. emuse,tits crew, king 157,mear, and few dudes i painted with it was a challagne to see who could top who in pure craziness. jaw dropers brisk from slc,ut.

b.A. has so simple clean throws . loved seen rail after rail of em. emuse had some sick characters.

shit since mom put my name in the undies for summer camp

i have always liked art in many forms. started toyin out around 12 but got serious after meeting a dude named spock

5- Are you still painting? If so how long do you see yourself? Any plans to stop?

. catch windows and stickers daily but all out painting once a month if i am lucky. i am a family man knda hard to get up as i used to

dudes who talk mad shit cuz they have ten dudes behind them. fuck let you style speak louder then fists, brusies heal shame last for ever. self promoting your wack ass shit claming to be king.

BONUS:

Post the last peice of graffiti that made you go WOW

1- Which 5 writers have inspired you the most, who in your opinion produces jaw dropping work

kerz fx,ovie fc,jive imok,dero,rage3

individuality and own personal input;

3- How long have you been fascinated with seeing your name on stuff?\

since I stole my mothers nail polish and wrote on the living room wall.

skateboarding back in the days with the likes of jaes,rage3 and norms.

I will never stop

I hate politics and bullshit.

BONUS:

Sure why not...

Amaze/KR/Grey/Giant/Jase (mainly anyone steady killing SF in the 90's)

Goser (for putting me up on some of the technical aspects and always being motivated)

See above

3- How long have you been fascinated with seeing your 'and others' name(s) on stuff?

Since Harold and the Purple Crayon I think

I knew a bunch of people doing "cholo" style writing and going on trips to the city with my grandparents.

I'm hardly active. I catch tags here and there and get up stickers anytime I'm out. But no prolific bombing or yards for me. I'm not sure if i'll quit the small stuff.

The heros.

BONUS:

Check out the "Made In Taiwan" thread... Pretty much just the amount of damage that seems to be going on by the people in that region.

writers who i respect for the sake of their craft

pherz and kosek

Skrew

pherz and kosek because they brings it

skrew because he crushes

i been throwing it down since 2001. I likes seeing my

name on shit but for me its more psychological

Got started just drawing words

I shouldnt be painting but i still throws down a few times

a month. I needs to in order to be me. I have no plan

to ever quit entirely.

graffiti artists are played. I meet them. Lose respect for

them and gets over on them.

1- Which 5 writers have inspired you the most, who in your opinion produces jaw dropping work?

>PEZ, CAVE, ESPO, ETHER, TALE, and many more mostly from SF (I really like what I see coming out of there).

>I Like clean letters, new ideas, and nice tags. Tags are very important to me.

>I dont know. Ive always had an uncontrollable urge to write on stuff.

4-How did you get started?

>Stenciling to make a t-shirt, I got bored with the limits and stumbled into graffiti.

>Not actively, Im not going to lie, I was never a hardcore bomber and its been about 4 months since I really painted, I just keep a marker with me at all times and catch tags. Im a sucker for drippy mops. But I do like cans with ny skinnys alot. I dont see myself stopping anytime soon but if I ended up in a city with a real scene I might pick up my game.

6- What do you hate about it, what elements do you find boring played out?

>Other writers. Everyone Ive met so far has been a tool, so I paint alone when I do. Granted though the area I live in the scene sucks.

Oh yeh and writers who can do amazing pieces but thier tags blow. That bothers me alot.

BONUS:

>Its a toss up between these two, both by ether.

ether2pj8.jpg

etherxd5.jpg

dondi, my friends

style

17 years

picked up a marker and wrote my name in the bathrooms at school as a young ass kid

i still paint, although i haven't been very productive this year. last year i was a busy beaver, but this year i've been terminally uninspired hopefully that'll change soon

graffiti writers, snitches, cops

BONUS:

1374159016_l.jpg

You're welcome for making this thread a non-sarcastic piece of shit.

Yeah thanks, Its funny that this is only a message board and people are so concerned with how filling in something so trivial will make them look. I can only imagine what they're like in real life.

Now i feel bad about making fun of your glasses in that thread a few months ago, i only did it because you were clowning others. I'm sorry.

Uhh a bunch of people that had pieces around the area I grew up. Inpak, pistol, gunshot to name a few. As for jaw dropping work... I don't really know.

2- What is it about what they produce that you like, can you break it down?[/b]

I like any piece that has quality lettering.

3- How long have you been fascinated with seeing your name on stuff?[/b]

7ish years

4-How did you get started[/b]

Started 'tagging' in primary school but then met mates who knew about painting in year 7. The rest is history

5- Are you still painting? If so how long do you see yourself? Any plans to stop?[/b]

Yeah i still paint. Not nearly as much as I'd like to. I can't see myself stopping anytime soon. Still a love/hate relationship.

6- What do you hate about it, what elements do you find boring played out[/b]

I hate people that talk a whole lot of shit about dudes they have never met.

No bonus.

Dondi, MSK(back in the late 90'), my crew, in that we all learned from each other and pushed each other to be better.

With Dondi, the beauty of his work is in its simplicity. I used to spend hours and hours just drawing shit i just copied off 'stylemaster general.'

I cant recall.

When i was in middle school I used to write bullshit in my books and then when I saw other kids doing it, only they were using 'tag' names, I started doing that. It wasnt until high school that i started to get serious about after meeting 'real writers.'

Im not painting actively in contrast to what i was doing in high school. Ill do shit here and there if I have a marker. Last time i painted was Cinco de Mayo.

I just dont like getting arrested, that ruins my day.

BONUS:

151710727_a0504f75b6.jpg?v=0

giant, aest, cycle, raels, oker

i fancy writers that get down with everything(hands, throws, simples, burners, walls, freights) and pull it off clean everytime

7 years

was really bored during the summer of 99

not as much as i used to. got bagged when i first started out, it threw me off for a year and i wanted to stop but picked it back up a year later so judging off that i dont see myself stopping anytime soon.

law enforcement

BONUS:

that amaze throw someone posted earlier in this thread was my background for weeks a while back.

Guest YEAHMANWORD

inspiration- year, sace, shorty140, wierdo, such. (extremely odd combo)

jaw dropping work- when serf and mint were everywhere you looked.

intimidation factor, noone is willing to step as hard as they do

i did it all for the nookie

watching books getting passed around, asking "what is this stuff?

I wish I still had the drive to paint.

I hate nothing about it.

BONUS:

BONUS:

1. Dondi, Mber, VFR, Rime, Veks

2. style... flavor... quality... quantity... originality... longevity...

3. since birth

4. there was no way to fight it.

5. non stop

6. politics, drama, cops, buff.

mkfye7.jpg

^^this made me go "wow" but not in a good way. i would include it in my #6 answer.

the city of atlanta in the early 90's and seeing the highways destroyed driving through new york (seriously...it was fucking amazing) ....that really inspired me to give a shit and figure out what graffiti was all about. aside from that probably the people i painted with...i liked a lot of writers but looking at pieces in magazines didnt do half as much as going out and painting with people far more talented than myself.

when it started it was that it was visually stimulating and i had no idea how it was done...from there once i started meeting people i think it was more their enthusiasm and drive.

from the start...its a good feeling to drive by a spot the next day and see your work or have a freight pop up on the internet.

drew for about 5 years which, being that i didnt really understand what i was doing, didnt do much for me aside from ensuring i never painted anything that made people want to completly throw up. first piece was a legal wall in the middle of january...i didnt realize that cans froze in cold weather.

not really. it hasnt left my system and every once in a while ill end up in a train yard but i am by no means a writer anymore. that still doesnt stop me from snapping on people who take themselve to seriously.

the rumors were pretty gay. i knew about 5 or 6 people who i ran with but outside of that group there was always some nobody bumping their gums about shit that didnt concern them. i know i was guilty of the same from time to time. other than that the whole hip hop crossover into graffiti is pretty retarded...hip hop has absolutely nothing to do with graffiti now. shut up about it.

BONUS:

i caught this 4 or 5 months ago and loved it. its no frills graffiti which can sometimes be the hardest to do.

arek.jpg