Channel Zero: Graffiti discussion.

AnUpsetStomach

I know its not the forum for it, but i dont want to hear 15 year old kids thoughts on graff in the yard etc, i want to hear from the good people at channel zero.

1- Which 5 writers have inspired you the most, who in your opinion produces jaw dropping work

2- What is it about what they produce that you like, can you break it down?

3- How long have you been fascinated with seeing your name on stuff?

4-How did you get started

5- Are you still painting? If so how long do you see yourself? Any plans to stop?

6- What do you hate about it, what elements do you find boring played out

BONUS:

Post the last peice of graffiti that made you go WOW!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1- Which 5 writers have inspired you the most, who in your opinion produces jaw dropping

work

well fucking your mother in the ass is my true inspiration

well its more the act of cuming deep inside her on a daily basis

don't you see it? its tattooed on your moms ass

you mom is a fucking slut everyone around the way has hit it

5- Are you still fucking my mom? If so how long do you see yourself? Any plans to stop?

yes i still fuck your mom in the ass, well until i have a donkey fuck her in the ass for the rest of 12oz.. yes after the donkey show

well your moms pussy stinks to high hell

You know what, fuck all these fags. I'm gonna answer these...

1- Which 5 writers have inspired you the most, who in your opinion produces jaw dropping work

It's mostly Bay Area writers, actually more local than that. I got into writing before the internet really took off, so people I looked up to were just dudes in my city or around it.

You can Flickr a couple of them: Bely, Easoe, Ouchoe, Else (Steel) is from my city so I saw a lot of his stuff growing up. Actually just pretty much most of the HA crew guys. As I got older and out a little more then obviously Twist and Amaze...

It was mostly the fact that they were local and I could see them. Bely had always been on some different shit that I enjoyed. The Ha crew dudes were just really clean about their shit.

Most of

Since way before I knew it had a name. Writing on shit was always something I did. Knowing graffiti is a relatively new thing in my life.

Craolas on my bedroom wall.

5- Are you still painting? If so how long do you see yourself? Any plans to stop?

I go in spurts, usually I get the feeling like somethings missing. Either skateboarding or writing filled that up. When I lived in SoCal I always skated, when I live in the bay it was always painting. Right now I'm mostly doing tags, some throwies, and stickers. Just to keep my name lightweight out there. No plans to stop really. Even if I'm not writing anymore I probably be doing something like stickers.

Drama. Beef. People who I never heard of on the internet acting like they are the Graff Messiahs. Any played out late 90s noodle looking, no letter form, can't read the shit, gangster, loc'd out, played out shit.

And politics.

BONUS:

177428536_2d8480d21c.jpg?v=0

I might get kinda ragged on for this, because it's not the awesome, best, famous, insane letter, crazy ass writer. But I did this little deal with BEG, and just how clean it was, and how he painted it. It was really an eye opener about how awesome simple letters can be...

Thats dope.

I live no where near you and I look up to people in your city, ESPECIALLY Grey, Grey's like everyones favourite writer though.

Cantwo is amazing, no doubt. but i find his letterforms only slightly differ from peice to peice, but his overall focus are the themes he places behind his peices which really works for him, although its not really fair to only look at what he's putting out now and overlook what he did for 20 odd years.

I know its not the forum for it, but i dont want to hear 15 year old kids thoughts on graff in the yard etc, i want to hear from the good people at channel zero.

1- Which 5 writers have inspired you the most,

Doer PSK,Dmote TPR BCF,Taven RBS 210 , Epick IFE, Snatch PFB

who in your opinion produces jaw dropping work

Dmote,Dviser,Rime,Revok,Bates,Aroe

Bright colourful graff with cool bits zippin' off the sides and connections -fun sort of stuff

seeing other names on stuff 20 years seeing my name properly done 9 years

After taking flicks for 7 years one of my painting friends said that i couldn't sit in the safety seat any longer and if I wanted to enjoy the graff scene I had to start being part of it.

yes, for as long as i can, absolutely not.

graff being all the same- writers being assholes

BONUS:

fuck it's been a while but it would probably be in the Rime or Horfe threads

Giant, Espo, Kegr, Egs from finland, Colt45. + more. in no particular order

they're all either original, insane or very skilled & hard-working...

As long as I can remember. I remember using crayons illegally when I was 5 or something, inspired by the drippy swear words I saw on neighbourhood walls. Couldn't even read back then.

My first "tag" was a skull impaled with a sword, when I was 9 or something. Drew it with a pencil on school walls. but the written word thing probably around 1994 when the older dudes started.

I bited everything I saw. Then I heard about the secret etiquettes from here and there (but not really here)

Not that I ever really started properly... but I have no plans on giving up the thing I got going right now.

the internet, writers whining about other writers.... walls speak for themselves etc

BONUS:

the last peice of graffiti that made me go WOW!

except that it's legal

joshnamaze005.jpg

oner.oneski.one.ones

nothing.

Never, fame isnt me, having fun is me.

your mom was like here, smoke this. then i told the bitch, no you smoke this.. and i pulled down my pants.

no i havent in a year.. how long so i see myself? what are you fucking gay. this is 12oz not penis size competition..

everything.

BONUS:

None. graffiti is the suck.

Theres a thin line between inspring me the most and producing jaw dropping stuff. As far as inspiration goes: Bryer, Verbz, Vizie, Rebs during his all city run a while back and the only dude I paint with. "Jaw dropping": Basically MSK.

Style without a production. For some reason I find legal productions really boring. I can look for a minute and then thats it. I dont even like the word production. Someone needs to come up with a new name for this shit.

8th grade, which I think was in '01/02. Yea Im a young'n in comparison with most peoples on this board.

Junior high gang graffiti, not cholo style or anything and I wasnt hardore about it. I didnt know what I was doing and I didnt take it seriously. So it was just silly lil tags reppin this, reppin that. My first tag was with a highliter on the outside of a classroom.

Yes, Im actually about to go out, if I can tear myself away from 12oz. A long time hopefully, I havent even really begun.

Beef, asshole writers, cops and everything that goes with getting caught.

BONUS:

None really, I actually try not to look at graffiti on the interweb, I try to stick to whats in my city but theres not much going on in Houston. Then again if I didnt, I honestly wouldnt know much past Style Wars, Beat Street, Wild Style, The Art Of Getting Over and Spraycan Art (which is up for trade if anyones willing).

I'm surprised people actually answered without 100% sarcastic comments

I might as well do the same..

1- As for inspiration, hmm

RISK 9 and SIMON, GAMER, TOMB, TASK, etc etc.. probably not as widely known to people that arent in New England, but those dudes are holdin it down

2- These are the guys I can remember being constantly up.. RK9 was huge around here before he went on to NYC, but I do remember seeing a lot of him and SIMON even though I was young as hell

As for the others, I constantly see them up and hell, they're doin big things haha

3- Not really sure about this..

4- I remember when I was real young, around 4-7, I used to go to work with my dad every once in awhile. For lunch we'd usually get a bite to eat and sit in the train yard and just watch trains.. that led to us looking out for certain writers, although at the time I really had no idea why or how people would paint on a train... obviously I ended up sketching and imitating, and then in middle school I ended up finding a couple other kids who were doin the same, so we stepped it up and started painting... I came across some old sketchbooks/flicks recently, had a pretty good laugh

5- I havent pieced in a very long time, probably a year.. bombing, I'm slipping a bit, but still fairly active.. don't plan on stopping anytime soon

6- Boring and played out? Come to my area and try to find much that isnt boring and played out.. Niggaz got garbage down the way

Ces, post FX pre-Wish, well it was always Wish but pre full Wish pieces, even though some of them have been fucking retardo.

Wane on a skill, longetivity, accomplishment, and philosophy/mentality level

Bates constantly evolving and mastering.

Kerz FX when he was doing walls with KD and UW. Some of the best thought out letters, structures, and wall planning

NY bombers like OE3, Mate, JA, Louie, Pove, Jez and Quest, Sento, (not technically a bomber, but a whole level in his own right, if you know you know)

Who produces jaw dropping work on the regular, believe it or not isnt even a New Yorker,

Aves (T) consitantly seems to impress me with pieces he does.

Wane COD

Ces TM7

see above.

since about age 4.

i racked paint and starting writing on walls

I wouldnt worry about me.

none.

I love beef

I love taking my spots back

I love taking other peoples spots

Ive met some of the best people in my life through it, gained families who are willing to lay bullets out for me, support me financially, pick me up in the middle of nowhere at 5am, get my back on any situation regardless right or wrong.

BONUS:

See attached.

5 is too hard, people from the UK (London): Older people like Elk, Fuel, Cast, then most of DDS, Akt1, Oker, Jugs, Nema, Tox06, Vibes, Town, Neas, Panic, Snore. From the US: Rime, Reas, Revok, Dr. Sex, Espo, Twist, Skeme. Europe: Kegr, Jake, Taps and MOAS basically.

Clean letter structure, shear volume of consistently good work.

last few years

Friends mostly

Not much really, cant be asked much anymore to go out at night, still like to sketch

Drama, gossip.

BONUS:

This is how whole cars should look.

z_06_wholecar_.jpg

I'm inspired by anyone who bombs hard...locally hasta be Rascal MLB, J-Strest MLB, Seaz DNA, and Lead DNA. Of coruse I always have been and always will be souped off JA

They fuck shit up

Since I was a freshmen in high school, so like 4 years

A kid I didn't like wrote, so I started doin tags and dissin his shit just to bust his balls...somehow I got hooked

Quite often, a long time, and not at all

Everyone said beef, but I'm with Gliko on this one cuz I live for that shit. What I can't stand is douchebag 14 year olds who talk shit online about how awesome they are and constantly try to hype me up on how up their boys are when I've never even heard of em

BONUS:

See attached...didn't really WOW me cuz not much does, but it's 11 fills in a pretty ballsy spot so yeah

I like Orfn's work a lot. Same with Chubs, Grito, Oscr

They just produce some really grimey, anti-art style characters and pieces. They seem to really just have fun with graffiti. i love how these guys produce some really raw looking stuff rather than obsesing on some played 52 color fill 3d wild style bullshit I';ve seen 10x times before

A long long time

hanging out with the wrong people, watching older heads in my high school doing sketches during class and at lunch. Buying Can Control at Tower Records and obsessing over that ,magazine for hours every night.

mainly just doing stickers and catching tags. I'm older with a lot to lose if i got caught....but i constantly grapple with giving it up entirely or keeping on....I'll probably always keep on.

I am content and happy with the work that i put in and that's all that really matters in the end.

I hate the egos. For me, writers fall into two categories: cool as hell or arrogant as hell. Fortunately I have had the luck to meet more of the former than the latter.

I find the whole "4 elements"/Bode/B-Boy/DJ/Hip Hop styles the very definition of redundancy...boring as shit.

new jacks expecting all the answers be given to them and circumventing the whole "learn-as-you-go" process

BONUS:

this made me go "wow!" GENA

GENA.jpg