i always wanted a bonsai tree

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

I watered it every other day, misted the branches, and it still died from dehydration...

I got one when my mom died as a "gift" to carry on her memory...

Same thing happened to me.

Made me feel even shittier.

Asshole family members.

I have always wanted one as well. It is possible to make any type of tree a bonsai, or is it something to do with genetics?

any tree can be made into a bonsai.....it has nothing to do with genetics...

its all about clipping and tying the tree up in a way to stunt growth....thats why bonsai trees come in small pots....to stunt root growth.

i've been to a few bonsai exhibitions in japan. they were pretty out of control.

some trees 400 years old. alot of extict species, wild shapes...

it would be pretty impossible to trim them properly to get the same effect as the japanese.

they have great aesthetic about trees and flowers that i wished i had.

there was a bonsai place down the street from my house and the average price was $10,000US.

some baby ferns for $3000. they had a tiny little fence too.

i thought to myself why did i waste stealing dumb shit when i was a kid

when i could have just waited and stole a cool as tree for 10gs.

whatever bonsai i had i ended up leaving them in front of an old guys house to take care of

because i didnt think they could take the move.

Nah, I wouldn't be able to get em in time, and they actually look expensive, fake as they are. Also, I need something I can actually trim on camera. I dunno, some plant that has tiny leaves and a trunk. It would actually be much funnier if it's blatantly a normal plant trying to pass as a bonsai, but it should "kinda" look like a bonsai.

if its an outdoor plant it needs to be in atleast six hours of sunlight a day (for most) my friend got one not to long ago, i might get one soon, they are pretty fun to shape. The soil has to be at a perfect level too, they are sensitive as fuck.

I bet they told you this when you baught it.

if its an outdoor plant it needs to be in atleast six hours of sunlight a day (for most) my friend got one not to long ago, i might get one soon, they are pretty fun to shape. The soil has to be at a perfect level too, they are sensitive as fuck.

I bet they told you this when you baught it.

actually....the bonsai cant be indoors more than 3 days per month.....and as far as the soil goes....you should get the bonsai soil....

and for fertilizer you can use fish emulsion....diluted with d.i. water

all this seriously takes alot of work.:(