What is more cost effective...Kegs or 30 packs?

Some1

Whats more cost effective Kegs or 30 Packs...  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have been having parties the last 4 weekends and everyweekend my roomates I buy 2 30 packs each equaling 120 beers for the night for us and our guests. I have been telling these guys that we should just get a keg and then we can charge for cups and recoup some of the expenses...We are having a party tonight and before we make the beer run I need to put my foot down and try to knock some sense into these dudes...What are your opinions?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

when i was a beer swilling youngster, we figured out that a keg is approximately 7.5 cases of beer.

it is far more cost effective to buy kegs

but only after you have bought your own tap

before that. it's only a little cost effective, and of course depends on beer quality

renting a tap is one of the places they getcha

i've noticed as well, kegs draw a crowd and get people to shell out cash more than a promise of a fridge full of beer will.

If cleanup is an issue, t's a lot easier to spill a cup than can or a bottle.

My fave is just a shitload of 40's. Three bucks a bottle, zero spillage, everyone feels special, and that classic Snoop Dogg shot of a fridge packed to the brim with 40's.

Clean up is not an issue we get the two hot farm girls that got us Bukakke they clean for us...

And mam's I think you just set the theme for my next party. mid 90's west coast gangster rap party

If cleanup is an issue, t's a lot easier to spill a cup than can or a bottle.

My fave is just a shitload of 40's. Three bucks a bottle, zero spillage, everyone feels special, and that classic Snoop Dogg shot of a fridge packed to the brim with 40's.

Ay, believe, me and a friend had already been rockin' steady on that style but, we thought short and were only stcoking a mini-fridge... still, shit was a hit.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

keg and why are you having parties consistently and paying for all the booze? f all that charge per cup. your guests wont mind the charge if the party is bumping

1) The kegs are definitely cheaper if you're doing this on the reglae.

2) You can go the option above and forfeit the $40.00 deposit on the store tap... but those rentals have been used over and over for so long they're probably going to quit on you real fast.

3) Better option:

http://www.beveragefactory.com/refrigerators/beer/sanyo.shtml

which comes with a 5lb CO2 tank, no more pumping. We had a homemade setup like this at a house I was at, nothing but awesome. Just have to clean out the lines if you're not using it for a while. CO2 refills are dirt cheap, and worth it IMO. The only catch is you'll need different adapters for the different valve types on Euro vs. American beers.

You can build this whole setup for around $200 if you just buy the regulators and tap, get a CO2 tank from the local welding supply, and use an old half height refrigerator. Unfortunately I didn't do much of the actual construction so I can't tell you much more than that.

I have only seen 2 people drink a whole rack and it took all day...

The party is going to be alot of people I told all of them to bring shit so after me and my roomates 3 racks there will prolly be 3 more to meet that... plus jungle juice and my handle of Jack Daniels slash from Guns&Roses styles

Yeah it took me a good 6 or 7 hours to kill a 30 pack. I can drink alot though, I think because I drank so much as a youngin. The first 100 or so times I drank were spent with my face in the toilet for the whole rest of the night. I drank a whole half gallon of Gin when I was 14 and pulled the trigger of a gun that I didn't know if it was loaded or not in my best friend's face. Shit was wild.