Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Some1

What is more cost effective...Kegs or 30 packs?

Whats more cost effective Kegs or 30 Packs...  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Whats more cost effective Kegs or 30 Packs...

• Just buy racks and shut up...
    • Buy a keg and charge for cups...

I have been having parties the last 4 weekends and everyweekend my roomates I buy 2 30 packs each equaling 120 beers for the night for us and our guests. I have been telling these guys that we should just get a keg and then we can charge for cups and recoup some of the expenses...We are having a party tonight and before we make the beer run I need to put my foot down and try to knock some sense into these dudes...What are your opinions?

when i was a beer swilling youngster, we figured out that a keg is approximately 7.5 cases of beer.

it is far more cost effective to buy kegs

but only after you have bought your own tap

before that. it's only a little cost effective, and of course depends on beer quality

renting a tap is one of the places they getcha

i've noticed as well, kegs draw a crowd and get people to shell out cash more than a promise of a fridge full of beer will.

Taps are only $40 or so on deposit, rent a keg and tap one time, fail on the tap return and take the hit... from then on it's KEG CITY!

If cleanup is an issue, t's a lot easier to spill a cup than can or a bottle.

My fave is just a shitload of 40's. Three bucks a bottle, zero spillage, everyone feels special, and that classic Snoop Dogg shot of a fridge packed to the brim with 40's.

see i told this kid this but now the argument is "its not a frat party why are we going to charge people?"

I say cause I am broke and cant afford to pay for other peoples beer this week...

other thing is we could leave a donation cup...

byob

and watch how many people stop coming when youre not paying for their booze.

My fave is just a shitload of 40's. Three bucks a bottle, zero spillage, everyone feels special, and that classic Snoop Dogg shot of a fridge packed to the brim with 40's.

Clean up is not an issue we get the two hot farm girls that got us Bukakke they clean for us...

And mam's I think you just set the theme for my next party. mid 90's west coast gangster rap party

byob

and watch how many people stop coming when youre not paying for their booze.

every party i have I tell them to bring their own stuff. everyone does its not a staple on our house so it should be ok...

Clean up is not an issue we get the two hot farm girls that got us Bukakke they clean for us...

I think this sentence could be rearranged into a much better plan.

Ay, believe, me and a friend had already been rockin' steady on that style but, we thought short and were only stcoking a mini-fridge... still, shit was a hit.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

keg and why are you having parties consistently and paying for all the booze? f all that charge per cup. your guests wont mind the charge if the party is bumping

Always is! Tonight I go home level the pool table in the basement and have a tournament with that along with poker tournament for all my asian friends, flip cup and beer pong for the college kids and quarters in the living room for the scenesters...

1) The kegs are definitely cheaper if you're doing this on the reglae.

2) You can go the option above and forfeit the $40.00 deposit on the store tap... but those rentals have been used over and over for so long they're probably going to quit on you real fast.

3) Better option:

http://www.beveragefactory.com/refrigerators/beer/sanyo.shtml

which comes with a 5lb CO2 tank, no more pumping. We had a homemade setup like this at a house I was at, nothing but awesome. Just have to clean out the lines if you're not using it for a while. CO2 refills are dirt cheap, and worth it IMO. The only catch is you'll need different adapters for the different valve types on Euro vs. American beers.

You can build this whole setup for around $200 if you just buy the regulators and tap, get a CO2 tank from the local welding supply, and use an old half height refrigerator. Unfortunately I didn't do much of the actual construction so I can't tell you much more than that.

we've been getting kegs lately

it definitely has saved money, and we get just as drunk..

not to mention its great to not have to run out to the store when you run out of booze

I guess the consensus is get a keg and start charging and if your friend complains wu-chop him in the throat.....

We are going with 30's... and jungle juice was the deal we made...

5gatorade.jpg

we got one of these...and handles of grain ect...should be fun for beer pong...its gonna be like highschool all over agin./..

i just prefer drinking good beer out of glass... the plastic cup just doesn't have that special feel to it... but if its just to get drunk--fuck it, get a cheap keg, and drop 40 on the tap.

or just get a few bottles of vodka and do shots all night... thats my style.

30 packs?? ill drink a 30 pack to myself.

def get a keg, maybe 2 depending on the amount of people.

if its a grip of people and a party until 6 am then we usually get 2 kegs and 4 or 5 bottles.

I have only seen 2 people drink a whole rack and it took all day...

The party is going to be alot of people I told all of them to bring shit so after me and my roomates 3 racks there will prolly be 3 more to meet that... plus jungle juice and my handle of Jack Daniels slash from Guns&Roses styles

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now